Not open for further replies.
King
Post automatically merged:

King Lookout
Hancock boat swarm
Aokoji cabin boy

King has all of these though
Oda never really broke conventions with SH recruitment. None of the SHs had the exact same recruitment but all of them, including Jinbe, shared the formula of having:
-a backstory
-a main villain tied to them
-having Luffy defeat the big bad for them
-being one of the most important parts of the arc
-strong thematic ties to the arc

Carrot has none of those so I don't see the reason why Oda would break something so major for the first time ever, especially just for Carrot.

These 2 sections can be addressed at once.

Pedro wanted to go with Roger and see the dawn, but was rejected for being too young. Roger told him "everyone has their time to shine" so Pedro was waiting for his. Pedro flat out begged for his life saying that he must live to see the dawn, and did everything he could such as hunt Poneglyphs, to support the ones who would bring the dawn.

Pedro left with Luffy simply cause he wanted to repay Sanji, the being with the SHs convinced him that they will be the ones to bring the dawn, and told Carrot that someday she will learn the importance of the SHs finishing their voyage. With that, he finally got his time to shine by sacrificing himself and becoming the pillar for the SHs brining the down.

Inheriting will doesn't have to involve becoming a SH though. We've seen plenty of characters, including ones who traveled with the SHs, inherit the wills of those from the past and never joined.

Pedro's wish was for the dawn to come, and his will is being a support for those who will bring the dawn.

Nothing really suggests WCI was a set up for Carrot given how she played no big role in the arc. She was a supporting character at best. Her best contribution to the arc was delaying the BMP, just like Jinbe, Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Brooke and the Fishman Pirates did, not to mention that she was used as a hype tool and expedition drop for Sulong.

Your idea of a satisfying conclusion for Carrot is entirely subjective, as is mine. Many characters were given conclusions deemed unsatisfactory by the fanbase, and Carrot doesn't need to be a SH to have a proper conclusion.

So yeah. Pedro never really thought he had to join the ones who will bring the dawn. He just needed his moment to shine in supporting them.

Pedro told Carrot to keep moving forward and that everyone has their time to shine, something Carrot repeatedly fumbled over. His words played in her head with Katakuri, Daifuku and Pero, and all 3 times she failed. It wasn't hee time to shine but the Dukes presented her with her moment, poor writing n' all. As seen with Pedro's will, you only need to support those who will bring the dawn. Just by seeing the dawn after the SHs bring it is she completing Pedro's will.

Yes Carrot wasn't developed at all at being a leader and it still a shitty resolution if it is, but that wouldn't be the first time Oda has done that. Many plot points in Wano didn't even get a resolution.

If I missed some things then apologies cause typing this out was pretty tedious for me.
KING has a backstory and a main villain tied to him and the lunarians with the ssg are set to be sone of the most important parts of one piece King 4 Nakama

Last edited:
Eh I dont think that would work or would be enough. A theory that I saw that could work is BM still being there and that she went back to being O-lin. If that happens then Wano would be safe and she could leave, but I aint see it happening
the problem is not about who will protect wano?, Oda can solve this problem whenever he wants to, the problem with Yamato & the real reason behind her staying in wano is that Oda wants to quote a famous japanese battleship during WWII called Yamato using Pluton & Yamato, not to mention that the length of the battleship Yamato is 263 m, & Yamato's height is 263 cm, so I think that there should be a connection between Yamato & Pluton

King

King Lookout
Hancock boat swarm
Aokoji cabin boy

King has all of these though

KING has a backstory and a main villain tied to him and the lunarians with the ssg are set to be sone of the most important parts of one piece King 4 Nakama
Nah. King and Queen already got closure as the prisoners or maybe they will get better closure as Wano's children amusement park. Queen with his long neck to become slide like Kaku does and King to become human's double flying rides. Other Flying six will entertain Wano's children too.

Nah. King and Queen already got closure as the prisoners or maybe they will get better closure as Wano's children amusement park. Queen with his long neck to become slide like Kaku does and King to become human's double flying rides. Other Flying six will entertain Wano's children too.
But they don't like Wano and the Wano people don't like them

But King is strong enough for Yonko Crew.
Kaido has the weakest YCs... Even Ryokugyu was able to stomp him and Queen at once... But you're right on that part...

She's nice and can get stronger with more experience.

But he said he'll accept Tama after she learns a few Jutsu.
OP is ending in a few years (please don't extend, Oda is obviously ill), no time for that "get stronger" thing... Because Luffy and Nami knows that learning a jutsu takes a long time (and she's being trained by a weakling)...

Kaido has the weakest YCs... Even Ryokugyu was able to stomp him and Queen at once... But you're right on that part...

OP is ending in a few years (please don't extend, Oda is obviously ill), no time for that "get stronger" thing... Because Luffy and Nami knows that learning a jutsu takes a long time (and she's being trained by a weakling)...
A almost dead King and Queen also King and Queen beat Marco while Akainu could even push him King and Queen-Akainu

Could not

Actually no. Jinbe has a quirk, it's just very subtle. Jinbe has a problem understanding certain situations and sometime has weird comments on a situation, you can see that in Wano and fishmen island.

A diplomatic role is not a role, at least not in the One Piece lore.

A symbolic reach is all the symbolism that inspired the creation of the character and it's characteristics and skills.

Three driving force are:

A need / A desire (a dream/goal) / An allegeance to Luffy to fight for him.

There is a reason why a part of the community is still holding the hope for Carrot.
She was the best candidate. EVEN IF she doesn't join, Carrot was the character with the biggest probabilities, in front of EVERY character.

Yes EVEN in front of Yamato AND Vivi.

You guys choosed to ignore my warnings about Yamato and the subversive affirmations.

Result: What I warned you about happenned.

Remember one other thing, I did not prove that Carrot was about to join, I proved that despite her complete disappearance in Wano, she had a SPECIAL status regarding the story, because of all those little details.

Result: She is about to become queen. After being completely ABSENT.

Never forget : The devil is in the details
I always said neither Yamato nor carrot were joining cause they aren’t straw hat material.

Vivis quirk can also be subtle. And you don’t think Vivi has a need, a dream, or a reason to fight for luffy. Luffy saved her country and guess what’s in danger once again.

Besides oda already considers her a straw hat. It really is just a matter of time until she reboards the ship. Carrot wont be back till final war when we see the minks.

Archaeologist wasn’t a role before robin joined. And it’s a role no other ship has.

the problem is not about who will protect wano?, Oda can solve this problem whenever he wants to, the problem with Yamato & the real reason behind her staying in wano is that Oda wants to quote a famous japanese battleship during WWII called Yamato using Pluton & Yamato, not to mention that the length of the battleship Yamato is 263 m, & Yamato's height is 263 cm, so I think that there should be a connection between Yamato & Pluton
Thats very possible, but at the same its possible to get that as well as her joinig since the SHs will most likely return to Wano for it to be opened

Bunny is trash and too weak for a Yonko crew (Luffy doesn't want more weaklings aboard)...
Basically TRASH ARGUMENT... It's too old at this point considering it comes from Yamato stan who can't even read the manga properly.

If Oda can change Nami from useless fighter to capable one in Arabasta and give Nami Zeus and CoC in two arcs, what can prevent him to give any powerup to Carrot? Especially she's prodigy already and the only young mink who can control Sulong fully. If Oda make Usopp create a weapon for Nami what prevent him to make Chopper help Carrot. It doesn't even have to be present time. He can make it as flashback when Carrot fight the opponent.
So yeah it's inevitable at this point she'll join.

Thats very possible, but at the same its possible to get that as well as her joinig since the SHs will most likely return to Wano for it to be opened
SH won't comeback to island they left behind. They always go forward. Oda even make Shirahoshi aka Poseidon to be kidnapped just to make her comeback in final arc without making SH going back to Fishman Island. So no chance SH will comeback just to take Yamato and Pluton but instead Oda will create plot that force Yamato, Momo and Pluton going to sea together. Yamato is nakama in epilogue confirmed at least.

Hopefully Yamato joins before the Blackbeard Pirates confrontation. Yamato vs 10th Titanic Captain seems reasonable. The character still seems interested in joining though threats like Aramaki potentially showing up would still be there even later.

If Yamato doesn't join then, atleast around whenever Wano's borders are opened and Pluton is brought up again.

I'm holding out on C4N for another chapter or two. Stowaway barrels give me hope.

Boa joining would be a bit much to me. Grand Fleet member works fine. She still has capable fighters and a territory, Luffy claiming it and her aiding him whenever she can works fine. Her personality doesn't seem like it'd mesh well with the cruel. I prefer her as a morally iffy ally than a full-blown crew-member.

Status
Not open for further replies.