Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Yamato won't even get to 100. He says he wants to ride on Luffy's ship, but guess what? That's Oda playing you like a fiddle. Yamato's a last minute, flash in the pan attempt to divert away from Carrot, the character Oda carefully, subtly built up over those 200 chapters. Oden, Ace, Luffy; every one of Yamato's "connections" are pathetically shallow and rushed. He's got a chance to make it work with Momo and Shinobu, but if you think he'll be best buds with Zoro or something, don't make me laugh. Compare a beautiful slow-cooked pot roast to a hunk of meat blasted with a blowtorch for a minute.
Dude we’re still in act three. We did see mini Yamato in this recent chapter. So, we are likely we going get flashback with her as character being flesh out little bit more as character. As well Kaido own flashback with in the arc. Oda lately showcase villain backstory. As well ideals different from the main threat.
So we Probably going learn how she grew up, why did decide be like oden, what’s her connection with ace, why was so interested luffy specifically, why does Kaido refer her as son, and finally what’s her actually goal. Beside opening boarder to wano.
As kaido perspective the species he is, his relationship rock pirates from his perspective, how did become yonko, how did get involved with Orochi, his relationship different crime lords like Caesar and donflamingo. How did meet other members of crew. What happens his wife? We also need understand Kaido code as warrior where comes fro

Weren't you just doing that?
The difference is this is a who will join thread. Carrot fighting has nothing to do with that. Hence you pushing the narrative.
Post automatically merged:

And Yamato won't even get to 100. He says he wants to ride on Luffy's ship, but guess what? That's Oda playing you like a fiddle. Yamato's a last minute, flash in the pan attempt to divert away from Carrot, the character Oda carefully, subtly built up over those 200 chapters. Oden, Ace, Luffy; every one of Yamato's "connections" are pathetically shallow and rushed. He's got a chance to make it work with Momo and Shinobu, but if you think he'll be best buds with Zoro or something, don't make me laugh. Compare a beautiful slow-cooked pot roast to a hunk of meat blasted with a blowtorch for a minute.
God damn you love to reach.
Any connection Carrot has, is certainly not with the one that matters. Luffy.
Stop the delusional thinking. Biased as fuck as it is.

Last edited:
Dude we’re still in act three. We did see mini Yamato in this recent chapter. So, we are likely we going get flashback with her as character being flesh out little bit more as character. As well Kaido own flashback with in the arc. Oda lately showcase villain backstory. As well ideals different from the main threat.
So we Probably going learn how she grew up, why did decide be like oden, what’s her connection with ace, why was so interested luffy specifically, why does Kaido refer her as son, and finally what’s her actually goal. Beside opening boarder to wano.
As kaido perspective the species he is, his relationship rock pirates from his perspective, how did become yonko, how did get involved with Orochi, his relationship different crime lords like Caesar and donflamingo. How did meet other members of crew. What happens his wife? We also need understand Kaido code as warrior where comes fro
It probably took Oda, what, 10 minutes to draw that mini Yamato? Which is no more time than it took for him to draw the generic person in 971 he chose to be Yamato after the fact. Yamato👏was👏not👏planned. Whatever nice, interesting, poignant thing we see in whatever touching Kaido backstory we get will not make up for the fact that Oda popped Yamato out of thin air on a whim. Oda does not make characters into Straw Hats on a whim.

God damn you love to reach.
Any connection Carrot has, is certainly not with the one that matters. Luffy.
Stop the delusional thinking. Biased as fuck as it is.
I have as much right to my biased, reaching, delusional thinking as you have to yours. Luffy knows exactly who Carrot is. He trusted her to take care of his precious ship, just like he trusts the rest of his crew. He actually calls her by name. He will see beyond a doubt what she can do before this is all over. So enjoy "Yamao" stanning while you can. About half a year left, is my guess. Me? I'm going on 4 and counting. 11 if you count Jinbe.

Last edited:
It probably took Oda, what, 10 minutes to draw that mini Yamato? Which is no more time than it took for him to draw the generic person in 971 he chose to be Yamato after the fact. Yamato👏was👏not👏planned. Whatever nice, interesting, poignant thing we see in whatever touching Kaido backstory we get will not make up for the fact that Oda popped Yamato out of thin air on a whim. Oda does not make characters into Straw Hats on a whim.

I have as much right to my biased, reaching, delusional thinking as you have to yours. Luffy knows exactly who Carrot is. He trusted her to take care of his precious ship, just like he trusts the rest of his crew. He actually calls her by name. He will see beyond a doubt what she can do before this is all over. So enjoy "Yamao" stanning while you can. About half a year left, is my guess. Me? I'm going on 4 and counting. 11 if you count Jinbe.
I'll enjoy it and watch You proven wrong.
Mr. Larrot Stanner.

Yeah, but last something they usually keep secretive there quite powerful hidden somewhere. Sometimes they have history with other characters either as ally or an antagonist. Plus we didn’t know the fully extended Ace’s flashback in wano there probably still more stores to tell. Finally before, straw hats join they usually play key important role with in the arc before they join. It looks like carrot focusing on the subplot alongside with Wanda alongside with Marco as welll. While Yamato focusing on the main plot line that protect momo and fight against and rebel against Kaido.

I have no problem with Jinbei myself I love the guy.
Easy to say now, but were you around during those years we were facing the hate for him on Arlong Park Forums? Too boring, too strong, no job, no personal dream, no reason to go on the Straw Hats' ship. I lived through that. And I hoped that he would join cleanly at the end of Fishman Island and I could relax a while, but no. Had to wait 4 years to even see him again, and even longer to get him back the third time.

I would have loved to ignore Carrot, man. I was all about Jinbe, for years and years. It was great to have him back in Totto Land, and I would have been content with that. But then Pedro died, and Luffy showed he cared about Carrot, and that's when I had to face the fact I'd have to be on her bandwagon to the bitter end, all the way to the end of Wano.

While Jinbe was stuck in limbo, I couldn't go for anyone else joining the crew before him. And now, likewise, as long as Carrot still has a chance to be the 10th person, I can't root for anyone else but her.

I
Easy to say now, but were you around during those years we were facing the hate for him on Arlong Park Forums? Too boring, too strong, no job, no personal dream, no reason to go on the Straw Hats' ship. I lived through that. And I hoped that he would join cleanly at the end of Fishman Island and I could relax a while, but no. Had to wait 4 years to even see him again, and even longer to get him back the third time.

I would have loved to ignore Carrot, man. I was all about Jinbe, for years and years. It was great to have him back in Totto Land, and I would have been content with that. But then Pedro died, and Luffy showed he cared about Carrot, and that's when I had to face the fact I'd have to be on her bandwagon to the bitter end, all the way to the end of Wano.

While Jinbe was stuck in limbo, I couldn't go for anyone else joining the crew before him. And now, likewise, as long as Carrot still has a chance to be the 10th person, I can't root for anyone else but her.
I was on Orojackson.
He faced hate there and here.

Considering the flow of storytelling with Yamato, then yeah the ingredients for Strawhat are there.
Flashy First Appearance
Desire to leave with Inherited Will then a Twist Reveal
interactions with Luffy that stretched multiple chapters
Personality quirks, hints at tragic backstory, connections to the arcs main villain, a main story point, and now we've been shown Yamato doing things in the story despite going on their own, and a distinctive character moment that shows a resolve.

So, yeah, I'm sold.

Oda's definitely baiting us with Yamato. Her flashback will be instrumental in seeing whether that's just a tease for the sake of it or a tease that actually leads to her being a Strawhat.

Carrot continues to be relatively unimportant. Hurrah, she's going to get her fight with the subordinate of one of the secondary villains of the arc. That's, uh, great. The Carrot vs Perospero Avenging Pedro grudgematch very much pales into insignificance compared to how Oda's showing the title fight of Everyone vs Kaido Avenging Oden grudgematch.

And speaking of, Kine'mon is still an absolute legend and better in every respect than both of them put together. The Eleventh Strawhat of my heart, regardless of what Oda does with him.

Oda's definitely baiting us with Yamato. Her flashback will be instrumental in seeing whether that's just a tease for the sake of it or a tease that actually leads to her being a Strawhat.

Carrot continues to be relatively unimportant. Hurrah, she's going to get her fight with the subordinate of one of the secondary villains of the arc. That's, uh, great. The Carrot vs Perospero Avenging Pedro grudgematch very much pales into insignificance compared to how Oda's showing the title fight of Everyone vs Kaido Avenging Oden grudgematch.

And speaking of, Kine'mon is still an absolute legend and better in every respect than both of them put together. The Eleventh Strawhat of my heart, regardless of what Oda does with him.
Yeah, Kin’emon is a GOAT. I actually wouldn’t mind if he did join. His devil fruit does follow a theory relating to the SH devil fruit number patterns with his following (2,9) in particular. I just don’t know what his role on the crew would be. He can’t be THE swordsman since we already have Zoro in that position. Blacksmith maybe?

Whoever is joining(not including carrot here, already wasted too much on her without any significant development), its pretty clear oda will/is already rushing them to join. Well the series itself is getting rushed at important plot points right now anyway. So I won't be surprised if oda doesn't give better arcs to characters if they even join.
And Oda hasn’t given much character development to those who joined during Paridise since the timeskip. Pretty heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Yeah, Kin’emon is a GOAT. I actually wouldn’t mind if he did join. His devil fruit does follow a theory relating to the SH devil fruit number patterns with his following (2,9) in particular. I just don’t know what his role on the crew would be. He can’t be THE swordsman since we already have Zoro in that position. Blacksmith maybe?
Tailor. Or samurai. Or bump Zoro up to official first mate and make Kine'mon the new swordsman. Oden didn't seemed to be known as anything more than the samurai on Roger's crew, that's good enough for me.

I just know that if there's one person we've had since the new world started that deserves to be a Strawhat, it's my man Kine'mon.

Tailor. Or samurai. Or bump Zoro up to official first mate and make Kine'mon the new swordsman. Oden didn't seemed to be known as anything more than the samurai on Roger's crew, that's good enough for me.

I just know that if there's one person we've had since the new world started that deserves to be a Strawhat, it's my man Kine'mon.
Kinemon could end up being shogun of wano. Since momo Isn’t old enough handle responsibilities just yet. I kind compare it towards 4th Great Shinobi war. At the end war kakashi end up being next hokage instead of naruto. Momo mentality isn’t ready lead a country just yet. He is just hope that wano could go back normal once again. Doesn’t mean momo should join straw hats? No of course not, he can learn a lot things from home. In order to become the man going to be. If some remaining scabbards do some how survive this they can help train momo as character. Since he’s part of royal dynasty he will have the best education available towards him. As well lesson from follower to help him become stronger. He will take lesson he got straw hats to become a better person as result.

Last edited:
Sorry but you have zero notion of this as a fact. Lets leave conjecture out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.