Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah after this Chapter, Yamato has jumped up to a 70% chance of joining the SHs and a 90% chance of leaving Wano. The fact that Oda keeps emphasizing that she wanted to leave with Ace but chose to wait for Luffy just makes it more apparent to me what Oda’s intentions are. I’m not gonna give her a higher percentage just yet because there’s still a bit too many unknowns about her.

It’s also starting to become worrisome for the idea of Carrot joining. She’s only been relevant in like a handful of chapters in all of Wano and only a couple of panels in the last 20 chapters. I still think Carrot is more likely to join than not with 51%. But if she doesn’t do something major in Chapter 1000, I’m gonna have to drop her chances significantly.

Yeah after this Chapter, Yamato has jumped up to a 70% chance of joining the SHs and a 90% chance of leaving Wano. The fact that Oda keeps emphasizing that she wanted to leave with Ace but chose to wait for Luffy just makes it more apparent to me what Oda’s intentions are. I’m not gonna give her a higher percentage just yet because there’s still a bit too many unknowns about her.

It’s also starting to become worrisome for the idea of Carrot joining. She’s only been relevant in like a handful of chapters in all of Wano and only a couple of panels in the last 20 chapters. I still think Carrot is more likely to join than not with 51%. But if she doesn’t do something major in Chapter 1000, I’m gonna have to drop her chances significantly.
Carrots chances are pretty much null for me, at this point a SH a new character can only be one of two cases or both.
1. Character has plot importance and has to join SH for story to proceed.
2. The well explored character.

Yamato seems to be like a mix of both at this point.
Carrot actually fails in both of my criteria. I think the peak of her chances of joining the crew was when she first sneaked into the ship. After that I never had her make me feel like she is improving her chances more than that since the portrayal was just bad for her to be a SH. And her and wanda fighting peros for pedro for a misguided and bad reason just seems like oda trying just add knots to the open plots.

Even tama has chances though I guess it would be in future or she can join now too with certain writing approaches.

Carrots chances are pretty much null for me, at this point a SH a new character can only be one of two cases or both.
1. Character has plot importance and has to join SH for story to proceed.
2. The well explored character.

Yamato seems to be like a mix of both at this point.
Carrot actually fails in both of my criteria. I think the peak of her chances of joining the crew was when she first sneaked into the ship. After that I never had her make me feel like she is improving her chances more than that since the portrayal was just bad for her to be a SH. And her and wanda fighting peros for pedro for a misguided and bad reason just seems like oda trying just add knots to the open plots.

Even tama has chances though I guess it would be in future or she can join now too with certain writing approaches.
Yeah I agree with many of your points. I’m not personally a fan of Carrot but I always tried to be unbiased when trying to actually determine what her chances are.

If I was a Carrot fan, I would be very dissatisfied with the little amount of material she’s had throughout this entire arc.

The only reason Carrot is still above a 50% for me is because I want to see how this Perospero thing plays out. But I feel like she’s gonna have to do a lot more than beating Perospero to earn a place in the crew. I wouldn’t even put Perospero in the Top 20 if I was to rate who the most significant characters in Wano are. Carrot’s chances have pretty much stagnated for me since Whole Cake Island.

But we’ll see what happens in Chapter 1000.

Last edited:
The bigger mystery is also Tama. With how she’s heavily helping Nami and Usopp after sneaking to Onigashima due to concern for Luffy, it raises the question if she would want to follow the Strawhats aboard their ship.

Or just stay in Wano to help rebuild everything with her taming ability. Something many would expect.

The bigger mystery is also Tama. With how she’s heavily helping Nami and Usopp after sneaking to Onigashima due to concern for Luffy, it raises the question if she would want to follow the Strawhats aboard their ship.

Or just stay in Wano to help rebuild everything with her taming ability. Something many would expect.
I don’t expect Tama to join the SHs. The most I can see happening is Tama reaffirming her promise from Ace to Luffy that she will become a Kunoichi. Even if Tama asked to join, I feel like Luffy would pull a Shanks and refuse to let a kid on board his ship.
I can see Tama inheriting Luffy’s Straw Hat by the end of the series however.

I don’t expect Tama to join the SHs. The most I can see happening is Tama reaffirming her promise from Ace to Luffy that she will become a Kunoichi. Even if Tama asked to join, I feel like Luffy would pull a Shanks and refuse to let a kid on board his ship.
I can see Tama inheriting Luffy’s Straw Hat by the end of the series however.
That would be a nice e route did her to go. Being someone to inherit Luffy’ as will for the epilogue. She does have a bright future ahead of her as a kunoichi.

Yeah that’s thing I have been noticing about carrot she has been basically push to background and put more as support character through out wano. Even previous arcs we have had she has been more of support character just going for ride. For me she didn’t have much of motivation or desire go alongside with luffy and rest straw hats on there journey. In this part of act she just resolving something of personal grudge that cater towards her as character. In order to help her grow as a person. Another thing is Usually you have an “arc” that certain around the individual as a character. In terms of them flesh out get know and connect them more as person on a personal level. Despite jinbei being support character for two major arc with luffy he was major character that was very crucial in order help him get to main objective, help him escape, and as well help him depressed state of mind. He would eventually get arc that certain him as character in fishman island. Carrot for me has Sort of ignored. The only major thing carrot did that was outstanding that fans can remember is her suslong transformation. I think for me she has never shown to have sense importance with in the story.

Tama is another Shirahoshi, Luffy and their promisr will be a stimulator for her growth

The way I see is this. Yamato in a lot ways has gotten a lot more screen time lately. This arc especially act 3 has certain her as character. Her flashback is not mini flashback like carrot and bartolomeo. It’s actually devote flashback very similar when jinbei and ace had fought each other. It is likely in this arc we are going get well establish backstory with Yamato as character possible act 4 Or act 5. We have already seen her relationship with ace. Now we will most likely get know what happened before she met ace. When ace had left and possible keeping up luffy progress up until the present.

Last edited:
More hints that Yamato will indeed join the crew... And we have yet to see her "life/motivation" flashback and her permanent "role" (though I think she'll be their scribe/chronicler)...

Yamato having read Oden's journal a drawback? Robin also knows a lot at this point as well, she reads the poneglyphs without us knowing what they are until brought up... If there's something about the Roger Pirates' discoveries written there, then that only proves that Rayleigh's suspicions that they might've interpreted the "forbidden knowledge" the wrong way or that got some inconsistencies or missed major details since they're not scholars, is highly possible... I mean, how would we know Roger Pirates' interpretation once they reach Laugh Tale? If Robin is that "dirty" to get spoilers, she should've accepted Rayleigh's offer to tell the background of the Void Century and the D Clan... Other than Robin, none of the crew is interested about it, not even Nami, Sanji, Franky (who even incinerated the Pluton blueprint), Brook or Jinbe... And yes, Franky also read the Pluton blueprint as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.