Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I found another foreshadowing, but it's weird, it should be 10 instead of 9.
Meaning it’s probably NOT foreshadowing, more likely just some goofy request from a kid in Japan. Remember how Zoro was gonna die in chapter 944 because of some insane theory based on a color spread 500 chapters earlier?? I think we give Oda too much credit sometimes...he clearly does his work and research, but he isn’t using fan-submitted cover pages to forecast the next person to join the crew, there’s nothing more than unconfirmed headcanon to support the idea. That’s not even the first time Luffy’s appeared on a cover page with rabbits; this is all the way back in chapter 22, do you think this was meant to indicate we’d meet Carrot and the minks almost 800 chapters later?! :smart:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Man, I still remembered the day when people say Jinbei won't join the Strawhats. The same people that said Carrot wouldn't join the Strawhats.:myman:
I knew Jinbe would join as early as post-Marineford, and I also pulled for Carrot in the years between her introduction and Yamato’s. I’m even old enough to remember the week-to-week recruitment of Brook AND Franky. Let me tell you something, kid...if just one person is joining at the end of this arc, it won’t be the bunny :kayneshrug:

I knew Jinbe would join as early as post-Marineford, and I also pulled for Carrot in the years between her introduction and Yamato’s. I’m even old enough to remember the week-to-week recruitment of Brook AND Franky. Let me tell you something, kid...if just one person is joining at the end of this arc, it won’t be the bunny :kayneshrug:
If I have to choose between Yamato and Carrot then I would definitely go with Yamato but it doesn't mean that Carrot wouldn't be joining at all. Unless Oda pull a 2 nakama join at the same time of course.:kayneshrug:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If I have to choose between Yamato and Carrot then I would definitely go with Yamato but it doesn't mean that Carrot wouldn't be joining at all. Unless Oda pull a 2 nakama join at the same time of course.:kayneshrug:
I have said on the record that I wouldn’t mind having both on the crew, but at this point, I feel like there’s absolutely no chance Carrot joins and Yamato doesn’t. That means they could both hop aboard, or neither of them do, or Yamato does alone...but Carrot being the only one does not make any sense to me considering where we’re at both in her development as a character and the storyline itself.

I have said on the record that I wouldn’t mind having both on the crew, but at this point, I feel like there’s absolutely no chance Carrot joins and Yamato doesn’t. That means they could both hop aboard, or neither of them do, or Yamato does alone...but Carrot being the only one does not make any sense to me considering where we’re at both in her development as a character and the storyline itself.
I think Carrot will have a better role later on in this arc. Yamato joining the SH at the end of Wano is obvious so I hope that Carrot's dream will get expand more and get some good character development.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I think Carrot will have a better role later on in this arc. Yamato joining the SH at the end of Wano is obvious so I hope that Carrot's dream will get expand more and get some good character development.
Well, she’ll need it to stand a real chance of becoming a Straw Hat, and she hasn’t received much in the 200 chapters we’ve known of her...Yamato’s introduction and backstory have felt rushed, but we’ve learned more about (and seen more of) her in just 20 chapters.

Well, she’ll need it to stand a real chance of becoming a Straw Hat, and she hasn’t received much in the 200 chapters we’ve known of her...Yamato’s introduction and backstory have felt rushed, but we’ve learned more about (and seen more of) her in just 20 chapters.
It's been my argument since the beginning. We're getting actual substance with Yamato and hinting at backstory mixed with even other characters than Luffy knows, Who else can really say that without them already being on the crew? Franky met the Rogers Pirates IIRC, Met Oden too.
Yamato met Ace...
The stars are just aligning upon Yamato.

I agreed that Carrot is slacking so far as a character (well, it's Oda so not totally surprised at all) but Carrot seems to have prominent role and a good dream to start off with. We just have to wait for Oda to expand on her even more.

You know, one thing I feel people aren't even saying about the whole Carrot/Yamato situation is the pure fact that Carrots powers are not unique to herself. Hell, there's not even an inkling or instance of her having more depth to her powers/strength, unlike virtually all other Strawhats this arc (Which we know at least Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe, and Franky will receive decent powerups by the end of their fights)

Compare that to Yamato. Literally no other female in the series fights like her. She also clearly has a hidden devil fruit. The potential there is just way more interesting than Carrot, who literally also had Wanda perform the exact same feat against Perospero.

And I haven't even talked about just pure strength. Yamato is clearly an upper tier character who would be warranted on a crew nearing the end of their goals and journey. Carrot virtually brings nothing extra to the table in terms of strength. Her power is relegated on one night every month.

I feel like there is virtually no comparison. One is clearly stronger, and has a more unique and interesting powerset, not to mention the potential for what we DON'T know about her powerset.
Post automatically merged:

I see it likely that at the end of Wano two SHs will join. Yamato is the most obvious candidate, but the second one I think will be unexpected and will be Marco. The fact that Marco has returned to the plot in a saga like Wano makes me suspicious. Why in Wano? Wouldn't it be more logical to reintroduce him when they face Weevil or Teach? After all, Marco's connection to Wano is not very important. Another reason is what will be Marco's future after Wano? I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy asked Marco to be his nakama like he did with Jinbe, without anyone expecting it. If we add to all this that he will possibly have his versus with King (being the only non-SH to face a Calamity or F6), I think he has more chances than many think.
Marco is a doctor, which is redundant to Chopper. His power involves healing people. He's definitely not joining the crew.

Marco is a doctor, which is redundant to Chopper. His power involves healing people. He's definitely not joining the crew.
I don't think Marco would outshine Chopper as crew doctor. Chopper has far more medical knowledge than he does and Marco uses his powers rather than medicine or other means. I think at this point the roles on the ship are no longer as important.

I don't think Marco would outshine Chopper as crew doctor. Chopper has far more medical knowledge than he does and Marco uses his powers rather than medicine or other means. I think at this point the roles on the ship are no longer as important.
Still, its redundant lol

Edit: This is the same exact argument people can make for Law. Its just not happening, even if he's probably the most relevant character behind Luffy's crew.

Last edited:
You know, one thing I feel people aren't even saying about the whole Carrot/Yamato situation is the pure fact that Carrots powers are not unique to herself. Hell, there's not even an inkling or instance of her having more depth to her powers/strength, unlike virtually all other Strawhats this arc (Which we know at least Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe, and Franky will receive decent powerups by the end of their fights)

Compare that to Yamato. Literally no other female in the series fights like her. She also clearly has a hidden devil fruit. The potential there is just way more interesting than Carrot, who literally also had Wanda perform the exact same feat against Perospero.

And I haven't even talked about just pure strength. Yamato is clearly an upper tier character who would be warranted on a crew nearing the end of their goals and journey. Carrot virtually brings nothing extra to the table in terms of strength. Her power is relegated on one night every month.

I feel like there is virtually no comparison. One is clearly stronger, and has a more unique and interesting powerset, not to mention the potential for what we DON'T know about her powerset.
Post automatically merged:

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.