Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it's great you can be so confident. Embrace it.
You're off to a great start, don't worry.

I think you connected that point quite well.

I was on board with Jinbe long before Luffy asked him to join, in the arc where dozens of characters were showing off their strength. That wasn't what made him special. Jinbe showed his connection to Luffy when he directly saved his life:

And Luffy showed a connection to Carrot after he saved hers:

And she's as much a part of the group now as Jinbe was all the way back then:

So I have no need to scramble. Oda gave Carrot a reason to get back up and will get back to her in due time, long before Wano ends, much less the rest of the series, and all your preemptive spiking does is make me laugh.
You just kinda hurt your own argument that back in fishman island Jinbe was included in the straw hat spread; but in wano, Carrot wasn’t although she’s been aboard their ship for years

Jinbe fought alongside all of them. Carrot is fighting alone. Besides, Jinbe already had a strong bond with Luffy, much stronger than Carrot. There are many characters that have a stronger bond than Carrot with Luffy and they are not SH:

- Vivi
- Law
- Mr 2
- Sabo
- Hancock
Both battles had equal amounts of cooperative and independent tasks, same as now. Carrot and Chopper worked together against Brulee, Carrot and Brook worked together against Daifuku's fleet, and Carrot and Nami worked together to escape Big Mom's Homies. And if you want to talk about weak bonds, Luffy's bond with Franky was a lot weaker prior to joining than most anyone else before or since, including most of the characters you listed. But he still trusted him enough to save Robin. Luffy likewise trusts Carrot, and that's enough to tide me over until Oda gets to the heart of the matter with her.
You just kinda hurt your own argument that back in fishman island Jinbe was included in the straw hat spread; but in wano, Carrot wasn’t although she’s been aboard their ship for years
Both pictures show the crew united and with a conspicuous addition to their ranks; that was my point. Yeah, there was another spread later without her, but that doesn't negate the impact of the prior one, with an outsider being smack dab in the middle of the entire crew's reunion.

Both battles had equal amounts of cooperative and independent tasks, same as now. Carrot and Chopper worked together against Brulee, Carrot and Brook worked together against Daifuku's fleet, and Carrot and Nami worked together to escape Big Mom's Homies. And if you want to talk about weak bonds, Luffy's bond with Franky was a lot weaker prior to joining than most anyone else before or since, including most of the characters you listed. But he still trusted him enough to save Robin. Luffy likewise trusts Carrot, and that's enough to tide me over until Oda gets to the heart of the matter with her. Wanda also cut out panel to you know

Both pictures show the crew united and with a conspicuous addition to their ranks; that was my point. Yeah, there was another spread later without her, but that doesn't negate the impact of the prior one, with an outsider being smack dab in the middle of the entire crew's reunion.
Brook did not work together carrot at all. It was brook who actually retrieved after her suslong transformation. Luffy trust franky to look after Robin more is similar to luffy when he asked Yamato to look after momo. If anything carrot situation is very similar scenario in terms of straw hats being separate like they were dressrosa.

Brook did not work together carrot at all. It was brook who actually retrieved after her suslong transformation.
How is that not working together? She took out most of the ships, he took out one, and he got them both out of there.
Luffy trust franky to look after Robin more is similar to luffy when he asked Yamato to look after momo.
And Luffy asked Carrot and his crew to wait for him. Emphatically. Oda took two pages to draw out the importance of what he was asking of them. Asking Yamato took one word balloon. Doesn't make quite as much of an impact to me as it does you.

How is that not working together? She took out most of the ships, he took out one, and he got them both out of there.
And Luffy asked Carrot and his crew to wait for him. Emphatically. Oda took two pages to draw out the importance of what he was asking of them. Asking Yamato took one word balloon. Doesn't make quite as much of an impact to me as it does you.
It's the opposite in fact. Yamato is the only one to protect Momo. On the other hand, Luffy already had his crew to protect the Sunny, Carrot was just extra help. It's not the same level of trust.

And Luffy asked Carrot and his crew to wait for him. Emphatically. Oda took two pages to draw out the importance of what he was asking of them. Asking Yamato took one word balloon. Doesn't make quite an impact to me as it does you.
Is not them throwing hands against opponents together. It’s just one retrieve someone away from battlefield. That’s all. Luffy trusted Yamato look after momo hold more wait to it. I fine it very similar how luffy asked franky to look after Robin. Speaking of franky during chapter when he arrived going up sasaki. It was Yamato who told franky about the situation with momo and shinbou. She told him that luffy gave her this tasked. She following up on it. So it does kind hold little bit wait to it. The carrot situations is like dressrosa. He didn’t really necessarily ask do specific thing for them to do. His order was basically hold things down while he deals katkurai.

Last edited:
It's the opposite in fact. Yamato is the only one to protect Momo. On the other hand, Luffy already had his crew to protect the Sunny, Carrot was just extra help. It's not the same level of trust.
The only one? You forget about Shinobu? Luffy distinctly asked Yamato to assist her with the task.

I've talked to you about the subtext of the WCI scene before, and clearly we still don't see eye to eye on it. But again, the way I took it was not just about asking for them to do a job, but about making everyone in his group understand they matter to him in that moment he's about to leave and possibly get killed by Katakuri. To me, that reads exactly the same way as Jinbe telling Luffy he needs to live through the war, to not give up.

Jinbe fought alongside all of them. Carrot is fighting alone. Besides, Jinbe already had a strong bond with Luffy, much stronger than Carrot. There are many characters that have a stronger bond than Carrot with Luffy and they are not SH:

- Vivi
- Law
- Mr 2
- Sabo
- Hancock
On Wano alone Law, Momo, Kine’mon, Hyogoro, Tama and Kid all have a more of a relationship with Luffy than Carrot does.

And Yamato’s only a real conversation with Luffy about Ace- without being interrupted by being in the middle of a warzone- away from joining that group.

Hell, I’ve got more expectations of Luffy having a conversation and bonding with Marco than I do him ever having a serious conversation with Carrot.

Also, I doubt Oden being alive (which would be the biggest asspull of the century) makes Momo any likelier to join either. It only means he will get that motivation to one day become a better shogun for Wano.

Him and Tama will just stay behind to rebuild the kingdom from the ground up with the brainwashed Gifters.

Is not them throwing hands against opponents together. It’s just one retrieve someone away from battlefield. That’s all.
The original argument was, "Jinbe fought alongside all of them. Carrot is fighting alone." Jinbe did not literally fight right next to every Straw Hat on Fishman Island. He still hasn't fought side by side with Usopp or Franky or Zoro. But both he and Carrot have worked with the crew before joining, fought on the same side, and helped each other out in a few independent fights. It's also not too late for Carrot to fight with Luffy or another Straw Hat on Onigashima, but again, I'm waiting to see what happens.
Luffy trusted Yamato look after momo hold more wait to it. I fine it very similar how luffy asked franky to look after Robin.
I actually found the Franky scene had a lot of similarities to the WCI scene. Luffy asks Franky twice; first in chapter 416, then at the end of 418. The second time it's a lot more forceful, shouting Franky's name in a very direct manner. Oda took time to hammer in the importance of the moment, whereas with Yamato and in Dressrosa the way the orders were presented were a lot more perfunctory.
Speaking of franky during chapter when he arrived going up sasaki. It was Yamato who told franky about the situation with momo and shinbou. She told him that luffy gave her this tasked. She following up on it. So it does kind hold little bit wait to it. The carrot situations is like dressrosa. He didn’t really necessarily ask do specific thing for them to do. His order was basically hold things down while he deals katkurai.
And again, it's not so much what he's asking them to do as it is why and how he's asking. On WCI, he's telling them that he'll be okay despite the danger ahead of him, and basically mirrored Pedro's command for them to keep moving onward. In Dressrosa, he's got half his crew staying with him and tells the other half to go ahead; the stakes are high, just like on Onigashima, but both moments had people already on it, and were not nearly as down to the wire as WCI when Katakuri was right there, or EL when Robin was about to pass through the gates.
Post automatically merged:

On Wano alone Law, Momo, Kine’mon, Hyogoro, Tama and Kid all have a more of a relationship with Luffy than Carrot does.

And Yamato’s only a real conversation with Luffy about Ace- without being interrupted by being in the middle of a warzone- away from joining that group.

Hell, I’ve got more expectations of Luffy having a conversation and bonding with Marco than I do him ever having a serious conversation with Carrot.
Maybe so, but she's been on his ship and with his group through a lot of tough situations, they both were impacted by Pedro's death, and he clearly knows who she is even if they haven't spoken much. It doesn't take a ham-fisted connection to Ace or a lot of dialogue for Luffy to like someone.

Anyway, with that I'll go back to my nakama break. When/if Oda brings Carrot back into action, I'll be back as well.

Last edited:
Brook did not work together carrot at all. It was brook who actually retrieved after her suslong transformation. Luffy trust franky to look after Robin more is similar to luffy when he asked Yamato to look after momo. If anything carrot situation is very similar scenario in terms of straw hats being separate like they were dressrosa.
At most, Carrot is like Wiper, Kokoro, Brownbeard or Rebecca...

Hence, the need for Pedro of the Tree Tops to return.
As much as I hate Will of the P, a nerfed Pedro is still a better choice than Carrot...

Also, I doubt Oden being alive (which would be the biggest asspull of the century) makes Momo any likelier to join either. It only means he will get that motivation to one day become a better shogun for Wano.

Him and Tama will just stay behind to rebuild the kingdom from the ground up with the brainwashed Gifters.
Tama's SMILE army is a huge hint that she'll stay because that army would be useful to strengthen the Wano army, plus the fact that these guys know the current state of Wano's military force and defense... Tama has to stay as Momo's retainer for that very reason...

Maybe so, but she's been on his ship and with his group through a lot of tough situations, they both were impacted by Pedro's death, and he clearly knows who she is even if they haven't spoken much. It doesn't take a ham-fisted connection to Ace or a lot of dialogue for Luffy to like someone.
So as Kin'emon... Even Kin'emon is acknowledged better by Luffy up to this point... And his lower body alone has way better edge then Carrot by being invited to join the crew...

And never forget that those who join the crew are very relevant in the arc they were introduced... Carrot was never relevant in Zou...

If we get a mink, the only one for me is Pekomamushi. Hes the best of them design and ability wise. Hope hes alive, well and free, and starts kicking some headliners asses soon
Pekoms joining the crew would be awesome. He'd be my top choice for sure. I feel like he has to be alive because we haven't seen him fully use his devil fruit yet. Doubt he'll actually become a Strawhat though.

Pekoms joining the crew would be awesome. He'd be my top choice for sure. I feel like he has to be alive because we haven't seen him fully use his devil fruit yet. Doubt he'll actually become a Strawhat though.
I think the first two new world straw hats are Jinbe and Yamato to showcase Luffy having the ability to steal a subordinate from the two emperors of the last generation.

I love Pekoms tho

With all my respects, of course. I have a lot of doubts that Carrot and yamato will join. Maybe, I will be wrong maybe but... Me and my girlfriend, we found that carrot and yamato are the same charecter repetated two times... I dón´t believe that Oda will repeat the same story two times...
Yamato is a girl who wanted go out from wano where she was living all her life, Yamato met Oden, the guy who went out from wano. Yamato learned that oden met roger. Yamato saw how Oden died saving his friends in order to go into a journey. . Yamato wanted to live adventures. Yamato knew about luffy before met him by his brother ace. Yamato knew about the new dawn by oden´s book
Carrot is a girl who wanted go out from zou where is the place she was living all her life, Carrot knows pedro, the guy who went out from zou. Carrot learned pedro who met Roger. Carrot wanted to live adventures. Carrot saw how pedro died saving his friends in order to go into a journey. Carrot knew about luffy before met him by his nakamas. Carrot knew about the new dawn by pedro.
Well, I will be wrong maybe. But I think a lot of things in common between Carrot and Yamato. But, I trust In Oda and the next nakama will be good for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.