Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
FORCED PARALLEL TIME

If we see Carrot as the second New World recruit, we can apply third recruit (Usopp, Franky) parallels to Yamato.

These parallels are noticed by several Wikia editors, not me. Credit is on them, check SHP page on wiki.

- They also go by a different name (Sogeking, Cutty Flam, Oden)
- They were first introduced accompanied by their "subordinates" (Usopp Pirates . Franky Family, Beast Pirates)
- They fought/briefly clashed with Luffy
- They were introduced in an arc where there is a plot of the main antagonist to kill a friend of them (Kaya, Iceburg, Momonosuke)
- They are child of pirates
- They have dreams consisting in a process rather than a specific goal
- They fight with weapons
- They have/can do powerful ranged attacks

If we list Yamato as 2nd recruit of the sea region ( Nami Robin) :

1. Introduce themselves on higher elevation while looking below at Luffy
- Nami : roof
- Robin : railing of the Going Merry
- Yamato : ceiling (and she's taller)
2. They needed to convince Luffy to join first
- Nami : ask to partner
- Robin : invite herself in
- Yamato : request to board the ship
3. They're related to other crews who is the main antagonist of an arc
- Nami : Arlong Pirates
- Robin : Baroque Works
- Yamato : Beast Pirates
4. They experienced a great conflict at a young age related to their hometown
- Nami : village domination
- Robin : Ohara incident
- Yamato : Wano coup
5. Luffy helps overcome their burden related to their past
- Nami : wrecks her maps & defeating Arlong
- Robin : survived Buster Call & declares war against World Government
- Yamato : destroy her shackles & defeating Kaido
6. Their dreams are inspired/related by paper-based work
- Nami : maps
- Robin : books
- Yamato : journal
7. Their dreams require them to explore the world
- Nami : draws world maps
- Robin : searching for Poneg & true history
- Yamato : going out & experience the outside world
8. Linked to the concept of freedom & liberation
- Nami : freeing the village out of invader's occupation
- Robin : dubbed as the Light of Revolution
- Yamato : free herself from her caged life & opening Wano's border
Thanks so much for this, it's really well put together.

So I have a few thoughts on this:
  • Yamato fits the pattern for 2nd recruit very well.
    • Something that was left out is that the 2nd recruit has been female (and the only female recruited in the sea).
      • In contrast, the 3rd recruit has been male.
      • I guess Yamato can technically qualify for both of them given her ambiguous gender.
  • I think the 3rd recruit pattern is a bit stretched/forced. There are some parallels that I'm not sold on:
    • Yamato was not introduced accompanied by her subordinates.
      • Yamato was introduced defeating Ulti and rescuing Luffy.
    • Momonosuke isn't Yamato's friend.
      • Luffy is the one that tasked Yamato with protecting Momonosuke.
      • A caveat is that Yamato regretted that she could not save Momonosuke.
  • I guess both can actually work. If Carrot joined the crew as the 2nd recruit and Yamato as the 3rd, I wouldn't feel cheated.
  • I find this very reassuring for the Yamato 4 Nakama agenda. That said, it's not something I would base the entirety of my argument upon.
    • It's reassuring in the sense that: "it's a relief that Yamato fits the pattern for other female recruits" as opposed to: "this confirms Yamato 4 Nakama".

So here's a question for Yamato haters. If she's going to just decide to stay with momo and not connect more with Luffy or follow through on her dream of going out to sea, then what was the point of setting up the Ace connection and spending a whole chapter on the flashback? Why set up a different dream in a flashback when it's already supposedly irrelevant now that she can protect momo? Why involve Ace at all if that's not going to be a point of connection with Luffy?

So here's a question for Yamato haters. If she's going to just decide to stay with momo and not connect more with Luffy or follow through on her dream of going out to sea, then what was the point of setting up the Ace connection and spending a whole chapter on the flashback? Why set up a different dream in a flashback when it's already supposedly irrelevant now that she can protect momo? Why involve Ace at all if that's not going to be a point of connection with Luffy?
Dude don't ask them such logical questions :p

For those who know Japanese:
I’m not gonna translate word for word coz my japanese isn’t perfect and it would take me forever, but he just talks about her popularity, inheriting pedros will, possibly being a lookout or apprentice, her name being a play on words (986 & ninjin), Sulong being a graceful/unique fighting style that differs from other SHs, her similarities to goku from dragon ball, and something about cards that I didn’t entirely understand (comparing each SH to tarot cards and saying the only one missing is carrot, the wild card, because the minks are wild/native people? It’s pretty dumb). Nothing that hasn’t already been said on this forum for the most part.
Also the guy in the video thinks law, Yamato, and carrot could all join at the end of wano

Last edited:
I’m not gonna translate word for word coz my japanese isn’t perfect and it would take me forever, but he just talks about her popularity, inheriting pedros will, possibly being a lookout or apprentice, her name being a play on words (986 & ninjin), Sulong being a graceful/unique fighting style that differs from other SHs, her similarities to goku from dragon ball, and something about cards that I didn’t entirely understand (comparing each SH to tarot cards and saying the only one missing is carrot, the wild card, because the minks are wild/native people? It’s pretty dumb). Nothing that hasn’t already been said on this forum for the most part.
Also the guy in the video thinks law, Yamato, and carrot could all join at the end of wano
Is that a theory? Can someone explain?

Well there's 17 major arcanas in a tarot deck, so there's definitely more than 1 missing even if you include Law and Yamato, and there isn't actually a wild card in a tarot deck because what use would that be for telling fortunes. I don't think that theory is going anywhere.

Idk why he brought up 986 because he also says chapter 986 of the manga is unrelated to carrot.

ninjin means “Carrot” in Japanese but also “2 people” and nin = 2 jin =2 which leads to chapter 22 where the cover page has luffy with white rabbits. So it’s not really a convincing theory more of just a coincidence
Could it be that 9.8.6. is read karotto in some way in Japanese? Idk otherwise why its relevant. And yeah, the ninjin part makes sense but not really much as you say

Could it be that 9.8.6. is read karotto in some way in Japanese? Idk otherwise why its relevant. And yeah, the ninjin part makes sense but not really much as you say
Yeah for キャロット (kyarotto) he says it’s a play on words:
キ k(i) =9
ヤ ya = 8
ロット rotto =6
But again I’m not an expert in Japanese and these aren’t the standard numbers I was taught so I’m not entirely sure where it comes from. I don’t even know why he bothered to bring it up coz it’s not relevant

Yeah, it's really amazing that she made it to #11 without an Anime appearance. A large section of the One Piece fanbase simply don't know of Yamato, and she made it to #11 regardless.
I find this weird TBH...

11 just means she's Number 1 Twice!
11 = 11th SH? ROFL...

I mean there no guarantee anime onlys will like Yamato lol
Did a similar phenomenon happened before?

What can Yamato crew position be?
What can Yamato DF be?
Can Yamato actually be a male?
Chronicler?
Neko Neko no Mi:, Model: Byakko?
No...

Status
Not open for further replies.