Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for a role for Yamao on the straw hat crew is like searching for wings on a shark. One won't ever need to fly, so why would God give it wings?

For every single straw hat, shortly after their introduction it's either explicitly stated or we get some sort of hint at what they can do. Some of them were more obscure like Robin and Franky in that the role wasn't immediately obvious, or Franky's shipwright skills were disguised under the profession of a dismantler. But the skills were always there all the same. Even Jinbe was foreshadowed as a helmsman from all the way back at Impel Down. 40 chapters in and we don't even have the slightest clue at Yamao's potential role. Yet Carrot from the very first panel she appears in the series...
Oda doesn't just do things like this for no reason. Jinbe helmed a ship a single time, hundreds of chapters before he joined the crew and that was supposed to be the clue, yet here we are. There's a reason no one brings up ridiculous roles on the tiers of "the ship's Oden" or "28 year old cabin boy" for Carrot.

Meanwhile Yamao's role as a captain/leader and protector has repeatedly been brought up in the manga yet those are being ignored to force her somewhere which she does not belong.

As for the other trivia such as colour, this is something I saw thanks to @Tokiro Oumaga : https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/jinbes-true-color-the-revised-color-theory.14957/

Using the standard Red/Yellow/Blue colour wheel you get something like this:

This almost exactly matches the straw hats, with only Chopper changing from magenta to pink (likely cause it just suits Chopper better and is more of a prominent colour:

Before someone says that colours aren't at all important, here's a tweet from Greg:
You can even check and see that after FMI arc, every single kimono Jinbe wore was in the colour ochre showing his efforts to associate him with the colour (outside the manga of course). It's certainly something Oda cares about and likes to take into consideration. With that in mind, the missing colours from the wheel are violet, vermillion and lime.

Fortunately the last popularity poll displayed the top 30 characters in what appears to be their official colours (matches up with every known official colour).
Remember what those missing colours were...violet, vermillion and lime... Look which characters just happen to be sitting right next to each other in those very same missing colours.
Problem solved. Oda used the colour wheel for the 11 straw hats and Luffy's two brothers.

Oda literally said all the SH do the lookout position in shifts. Unless people think Carrot is gonna stay awake 24/7 for a role that all the SHs including Luffy has been doing since they sailed?
i personally don’t think the logistics of it really matter because if carrot joins as the lookout she’ll probably be the only one we see doing the job during important moments for the rest of the series even if the other SHs still have shifts so she can rest. Similarly to how Jinbei took over the helm during the important moments of WCI, even though we’ve seen other SHs at the helm before. I think the last “necessary” role was Franky’s.

i also don’t think it’s a coincidence that Carrot has the same excitement for traveling and new places that Luffy has

i personally don’t think the logistics of it really matter because if carrot joins as the lookout she’ll probably be the only one we see doing the job during important moments for the rest of the series even if the other SHs still have shifts so she can rest. Similarly to how Jinbei took over the helm during the important moments of WCI, even though we’ve seen other SHs at the helm before. I think the last “necessary” role was Franky’s.

i also don’t think it’s a coincidence that Carrot has the same excitement for traveling and new places that Luffy has
what a lame similarity to luffy

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
i personally don’t think the logistics of it really matter because if carrot joins as the lookout she’ll probably be the only one we see doing the job during important moments for the rest of the series even if the other SHs still have shifts so she can rest.
So do the exact same thing that the other SHs have been this whole time? You're literally saying that the lookout isn't a unique position for Carrot and therefore not an argument for being a SH.

Similarly to how Jinbei took over the helm during the important moments of WCI, even though we’ve seen other SHs at the helm before. I think the last “necessary” role was Franky’s.
We directly saw Jinbe's unique form of Helsmanship that no other SH can mimic. Only Jinbe maneuver the ship like we saw in WCI.

Carrot has shown nothing special when it comes to being a lookout. Even her jumping really high to scout is easily done by Chopper and Sanji.

This is the equivalent of saying someone has been hinted by Oda cause they like to fight or eat like Luffy.

Oda literally said all the SH do the lookout position in shifts. Unless people think Carrot is gonna stay awake 24/7 for a role that all the SHs including Luffy has been doing since they sailed?
Before Jinbe every Mugi was hellsman... I don't relly see the problem on what you're talking XD
And Ussopp isn't the Lookout, he's the sniper.
Sanji had CoO before Ussop, and noone complained about this. Carrot is just better for this role than Ussop, and the lookout position on the boat is covered, so Carrot can not see the FullMoon...And OFC being the Lookout doesn't mean you have to be ALWAYS up there...She can go down to rest, doing life...

Post automatically merged:

Searching for a role for Yamao on the straw hat crew is like searching for wings on a shark. One won't ever need to fly, so why would God give it wings?

For every single straw hat, shortly after their introduction it's either explicitly stated or we get some sort of hint at what they can do. Some of them were more obscure like Robin and Franky in that the role wasn't immediately obvious, or Franky's shipwright skills were disguised under the profession of a dismantler. But the skills were always there all the same. Even Jinbe was foreshadowed as a helmsman from all the way back at Impel Down. 40 chapters in and we don't even have the slightest clue at Yamao's potential role. Yet Carrot from the very first panel she appears in the series...
Oda doesn't just do things like this for no reason. Jinbe helmed a ship a single time, hundreds of chapters before he joined the crew and that was supposed to be the clue, yet here we are. There's a reason no one brings up ridiculous roles on the tiers of "the ship's Oden" or "28 year old cabin boy" for Carrot.

Meanwhile Yamao's role as a captain/leader and protector has repeatedly been brought up in the manga yet those are being ignored to force her somewhere which she does not belong.

As for the other trivia such as colour, this is something I saw thanks to @Tokiro Oumaga : https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/jinbes-true-color-the-revised-color-theory.14957/

Using the standard Red/Yellow/Blue colour wheel you get something like this:

This almost exactly matches the straw hats, with only Chopper changing from magenta to pink (likely cause it just suits Chopper better and is more of a prominent colour:

Before someone says that colours aren't at all important, here's a tweet from Greg:
You can even check and see that after FMI arc, every single kimono Jinbe wore was in the colour ochre showing his efforts to associate him with the colour (outside the manga of course). It's certainly something Oda cares about and likes to take into consideration. With that in mind, the missing colours from the wheel are violet, vermillion and lime.

Fortunately the last popularity poll displayed the top 30 characters in what appears to be their official colours (matches up with every known official colour).
Remember what those missing colours were...violet, vermillion and lime... Look which characters just happen to be sitting right next to each other in those very same missing colours.
Problem solved. Oda used the colour wheel for the 11 straw hats and Luffy's two brothers.
And Why can not be Brook the purple, and Zeus the orange? XD
Post automatically merged:

I found funny how you do as much as possible to make Yamato fit in the crew (When the character literally has NOTHING to be on the crew for the moment) , but when you have a character that actually fits and only needs to ask Luffy to be her captain you're like:
-"Oh no, all she does can be done by any other member"
-"OH oh, What a shitty equivalent to love the adventure and having the same excitement that Luffy has "
-"Oda has changed her role, because on one situation Ussop was on it..."

And sadly it has always been like this with Carrot since Yamato appeared, and a big big part of those Yamato "fans" are just Carrot "haters"...

Last edited:
Paulie was just a red herring for franky plus he never travel with the crew
Sea train from W7 to EL?

She’s like a bad version of chopper (talking animal , painfully unfunny, cowered scares easily, has a “hidden” beast mode)
Too harsh for the character but I get your point... Carrot is the "former weakling trio" in 1 person...

Perospero, while he shares the next most blame for Pedro, is but a pawn.
This... Peros is just doing his job... Pedro committed a suicide (a choice), no other person has to be blamed...

She isn't even good at it... At most she's an average lookout... No one praised her doing that job to date...

Before Jinbe every Mugi was hellsman... I don't relly see the problem on what you're talking XD
Thing is, Jinbe already demonstrated excellent helmsman skills prior to joining...

Carrot is made by Oda as a very very average, one-dimensional character similar to her fellow supporting characters... Nothing special, nothing unique, nothing powerful, nothing interesting...

Sea train from W7 to EL?

Too harsh for the character but I get your point... Carrot is the "former weakling trio" in 1 person...

This... Peros is just doing his job... Pedro committed a suicide (a choice), no other person has to be blamed...

She isn't even good at it... At most she's an average lookout... No one praised her doing that job to date...

Thing is, Jinbe already demonstrated excellent helmsman skills prior to joining...

Carrot is made by Oda as a very very average, one-dimensional character similar to her fellow supporting characters... Nothing special, nothing unique, nothing powerful, nothing interesting...
What has to be special on being a Lookout?
She just needs to see better than the rest, thing that it has already been shown...

Oh LMAO, I was serious, but I didn't knew Brook was the black and White xdxD
Sorry xD
Ah no worries lol. Here they all are:

Like I said in my original post, they are practically all chosen from the standard colour wheel

Oda's also made an effort to associate Carrot with the colour lime.

We have:

Black/White
Red/Orange
Yellow/Ochre
Blue/Cyan
Purple/Pink
Green/???

We need another shade of green. A light green, to contrast Zoro. Carrot fits the bill perfectly.

What has to be special on being a Lookout?
She just needs to see better than the rest, thing that it has already been shown...
Well members were shown to be excellent at doing at their roles and was pretty much highlighted by oda

Zoro was one of the best swordsman
Nami was already a great cartographer and navigator even before she got the knowledge from weatheria
Usopp although was a coward showed glimpse of his potential as a sniper prior to joining but was even more highlighted throughout the series since
Sanji was already an excellent cook at Baratie, and oda highlighted that from time to time every post fight celebration of sh
Robin is probably the only known archaeologist who knows how to read the poneglyph
Franky was trained by the one who built the oro jackson, whatever the sunny has withstood is a mark of excellence for franky as a swordsman
Chopper was trained by one of the best doctors alive in the series and he has shown excellence handling multiple nlinjuries from his team and can even form his own medicine post skip
Brook was one of the best musician in op world, he was a superstar
Jinbe was shown to be excellent at being a helmsman, controlling a navy ship at ease. And was even more highlighted during whole cake island when he was at the helm when the sunny rode the wave like a legitimate surfer

So, carrot DOESNT NEED TO BE JUST BETTER THAN THE REST, she has to BE EXCELLENT in doing it.

And by far, what Carrot has shown as feat for becoming a lookout is pretty much things that some of the strawhats can do the same and not any better than them

Well members were shown to be excellent at doing at their roles and was pretty much highlighted by oda

Zoro was one of the best swordsman
Nami was already a great cartographer and navigator even before she got the knowledge from weatheria
Usopp although was a coward showed glimpse of his potential as a sniper prior to joining but was even more highlighted throughout the series since
Sanji was already an excellent cook at Baratie, and oda highlighted that from time to time every post fight celebration of sh
Robin is probably the only known archaeologist who knows how to read the poneglyph
Franky was trained by the one who built the oro jackson, whatever the sunny has withstood is a mark of excellence for franky as a swordsman
Chopper was trained by one of the best doctors alive in the series and he has shown excellence handling multiple nlinjuries from his team and can even form his own medicine post skip
Brook was one of the best musician in op world, he was a superstar
Jinbe was shown to be excellent at being a helmsman, controlling a navy ship at ease. And was even more highlighted during whole cake island when he was at the helm when the sunny rode the wave like a legitimate surfer

So, carrot DOESNT NEED TO BE JUST BETTER THAN THE REST, she has to BE EXCELLENT in doing it.

And by far, what Carrot has shown as feat for becoming a lookout is pretty much things that some of the strawhats can do the same and not any better than them
She showed how good she was as a lookout on her introduction...She was able to jump a lot, and was able to see the mugis Inside of a forest...

I don't mind if y'all don't like the character, but denying her strength is being a lookout on the crew is funny af, when on the Raid we saw how she saw Perospero being outside the dome while she was inside...

She just needs to ask Luffy to be her captain. That's all she needs to be a Mugi, or in fact it could be like Ussop, where Luffy says she's already a Nakama...but her union isn't as far as some of you are trying to say it is xD

Status
Not open for further replies.