Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rereading the arc and gotta be honest, poor Carrot lol. She wanted to be included here in the crew as an interesting creature lol

Her personality has always melded super well with the crew, but honestly that's always been the extent when it comes to uniqueness about her. Everything outside of personality, she loses to Yamato.

Unique animal transformation powers? Yamato can do it whenever. Ice vs Electricity I guess which strawhats already have but we haven't seen enough of her fruit yet.

Yamato is many times stronger and has a unique fighting style. Carrot technically does have a unique, nimble fighting style, but the uniqueness is actually hurt with sulong and her Claw gloves, which other Sulongs carry

Idk, I really wouldn't be mad if Oda just treated her like a stowaway. There is precedent for her joining after Jinbe/Yamato do (if that happens) and after Wano. The only issue I have is her lack of focus this arc. She is the one "potential" strawhat that has barely gotten anything. Even Chopper/Usopp have lost but they still receive signficant focus in the end.

I guess we'll see. I don't want to be an ass about this argument anymore. I'd Oda wants 11 or 12 members its up to him in the end. This arc has proven so far (and virtually all arcs have shown) that not everyone has to win fights or do something important against the enemy, so the whole "She's not fighting a Beast Pirate" or "she didn't even win her fight". Really shouldn't matter in the end.

Imo, that's why One Piece is kinda great. There is relevance for everyone, but nobody is God on this series outside of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji lol. Hell, Yamato may be fighting Kaido, but even Yamato knows she can't win. If she gets nothing else, it means nothing because it really doesn't matter. Robin was an enemy the arc she joined. The arc central to her, she didn't even get a fight.

"Everyone gets their moment to shine"- Roger.

Tldr: I'm game for a triple join at the end of the arc. Was my original thought process. The fact that Brook, Usopp, and Chopper thus far don't have clear victories against the enemy has taught me to not shit on Carrot for not beating Perospero

I hope we get more Carrot but I’m done with the bigmom Pirates
Heh I guess Big Mom will likely not be defeated by Kidd and Law and escape and make it to at least one other arc and so her crew which should follow her. Not just because they don't seem to be capable for now but also due the notion Luffy v Big Mom was relentlessly portrayed for ages I guess. I doubt Luffy will face her on Wano.

I hope we get more Carrot but I’m done with the bigmom Pirates
Tbh, I really do hope her crew is in Mainland Wano already (i.e. someone told them about the Hakumai entrance port). I'd rather just get a few chapters of some of the rest of their powers and subsequently being defeated by groups of people or quick fights.

Could be why characters like Franky/Jinbe/Brook etc. are fine. Maybe some of them are meant to get 2nd battles or something

Carrot will probably stick as long as Perospero isn't defeated or as long as the BPM aren't defeated. I'm more inclined to think of the former.
I get your point
She’s connected to pero
So as long as he’s there
She would probably be there

thats why I hope neko ends pero very soon 🤣

So we would be done with this whole plotline
And we can Forget about carrot
She could go back to zou and join the strawhats fleet with the minks or something

and we can just focus on welcoming our queen Yamato
ZOMG YAMATO
:steef:

I get your point
She’s connected to pero
So as long as he’s there
She would probably be there

thats why I hope neko ends pero very soon 🤣

So we would be done with this whole plotline
And we can Forget about carrot
She could go back to zou and join the strawhats fleet with the minks or something

and we can just focus on welcoming our queen Yamato
ZOMG YAMATO
:steef:
I like Carrot more than all the other candidates so I hope she joins. PS I want to put all of Wano behind me

Luffy already consider her as a nakama, but she isn't because she never asked to officially join xD
Is that how it works in your fan fiction lalaland brain? Luffy mentions Carrot's name about 3 times therefore he consider her a Nakama?
Luffy doesn't give a fuck about Carrot, everytime he gets garchuued his attitude gives a '' ok get off me now bitch '' while ignoring her smiling.. They never had interactions, Carrot is fond of Luffy but Luffy never talked to her or ever cared for her..

Is that how it works in your fan fiction lalaland brain? Luffy mentions Carrot's name about 3 times therefore he consider her a Nakama?
Luffy doesn't give a fuck about Carrot, everytime he gets garchuued his attitude gives a '' ok get off me now bitch '' while ignoring her smiling.. They never had interactions, Carrot is fond of Luffy but Luffy never talked to her or ever cared for her..
SBS 96.
Before talking about Fanfictions, read what Oda has written about Luffy.

SBS 96.
Before talking about Fanfictions, read what Oda has written about Luffy.
I gotta be honest, this argument has been so firmly disproven so many times that it's straight up dishonest to keep repeating it. Luffy called Chopper "Reindeer" and even "Reindeer meat" right up until the joining party. He didn't even use his name when he asked him to join the crew. Franky was also "That thug" and "Speedo guy" for a while. Oda is clearly saying he calls them by their name once they're actually on the crew, not that he never uses nicknames for future nakama. That would be a straight up lie, because he's done this multiple times. But you know this already because it's been discussed to death, you're just making an argument you know doesn't work that's unrelated to Rootbeer's actual point because you can't counter his argument and you couldn't think of anything else.

Last edited:
I gotta be honest, this argument has been so firmly disproven so many times that it's straight up dishonest to keep repeating it. Luffy called Chopper "Reindeer" and even "Reindeer meat" right up until the joining party. He didn't even use his name when he asked him to join the crew. Franky was also "That thug" and "Speedo guy" for a while. Oda is clearly saying he calls them by their name once they're actually on the crew, not that he never uses nicknames for future nakama. That would be a straight up lie, because he's done this multiple times. But you know this already because it's been discussed to death, you're just making an argument you know doesn't work that's unrelated to Rootbeer's actual point because you can't counter his argument and you couldn't think of anything else.
It hasn't been disproved.
Luffy considered Carrot his nakama=> Proceed to call her by her name.

-Does that makes Carrot Nakama?
NO, because Luffy hasn't asked her to join.
-Does this means she'll be?
No, because her situation can change.
-Does this means Carrot has a good relationship with Luffy and she just needs more development to her character to realize Luffy is more important than what she actually thought?
Yes
-Could this happen?
Yes, or no. But could definitely happen.

The point is clear.
Luffy considers Yamato as an Ally (for the moment)=>Yamao
Luffy considers Carrot as a member=>Carrot

-Does that makes Carrot Nakama?
NO, because Luffy hasn't asked her to join.
-Does this means she'll be?
No, because her situation can change.
-Does this means Carrot has a good relationship with Luffy and she just needs more development to her character to realize Luffy is more important than what she actually thought?
Yes
-Could this happen?
Yes, or no. But could definitely happen.

The point is clear.
Luffy considers Yamato as an Ally (for the moment)=>Yamao
Luffy considers Carrot as a member=>Carrot
And you know? That's completely fine too. Yamato is a beast pirate. Luffy at first didn't trust her and after all her actions and probably seeing her on the roof, he'll definitely accept her as a crewmate. Atm it's just an ally because the idea of her joining isn't even a priority. Just as recently as 1016 she said she plans to go to sea with Luffy, so it's very likely to happen at this point.

With Carrot either shes straight up one or maybe she pulls the stowaway act she did for WCI and the Mink kings have twice.

Dude, there's no way Luffy is thinking of Carrot as a Nakama..

She has no relationship with Luffy, how delusional can you be its time to come back down to earth..
Luffy is the carefree type, he said that since Carrot was on board it couldn't be helped.. That's the extent of it, Luffy doesn't care about her, she's at best a casual friend who he never talked with, they just friends because she's been taging along on the same ship, friends by forced association.. Luffy probably already forgot Carrot's name by now..

Still has my faith on last 4 member will be those people who protect RP.

Fishman/mermaid, kozuki, king's race, minks. We are potentially having 4 unread poneglyph.
One from underwater ruin
One from WCI
One from onigashima
One from wano
Could be some history of those people and why they're important

Status
Not open for further replies.