Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if new crew members must have a history with Luffy, then Law and Marco are top candidates. Both have known Luffy since pre timeskip and have been longtime allies. Law has no purpose of his own after Wano since he already accomplished his dream of taking down Doflamingo and is only in Wano now because he promised Luffy. Because of this I think he will likely die in Wano using the forshadowed ability to give his life to make someone immortal. If not, I think he could be a Strawhat. As for Marco, people say he is too strong, but I think by the end of Wano both Luffy and Zoro will be stronger. Since Luffy is going to take down Blackbeard someday it would make sense for Marco to join in order to be a part of that.

I think if new crew members must have a history with Luffy, then Law and Marco are top candidates. Both have known Luffy since pre timeskip and have been longtime allies. Law has no purpose of his own after Wano since he already accomplished his dream of taking down Doflamingo and is only in Wano now because he promised Luffy. Because of this I think he will likely die in Wano using the forshadowed ability to give his life to make someone immortal. If not, I think he could be a Strawhat. As for Marco, people say he is too strong, but I think by the end of Wano both Luffy and Zoro will be stronger. Since Luffy is going to take down Blackbeard someday it would make sense for Marco to join in order to be a part of that.
Law is still a rival. He only allied with Luffy since he knows of his track record and that he's a simple guy and easy to manipulate. However, throughout most of Punk Hazard he's been shown time and time again on Luffy's obstinate nature and his unwillingness to be reasoned with.
Besides, I don't think Law is the type of guy to follow Luffy and he has history with a lot of his crewmates he's recruited himself like Jean Bart, especially Bepo, Shachi, and Penguin who he has known since childhood. I don't see Law abandoning them.

Marco...well. He was the doctor of the Whitebeard Pirates and Chopper already has that covered.

Law is still a rival. He only allied with Luffy since he knows of his track record and that he's a simple guy and easy to manipulate. However, throughout most of Punk Hazard he's been shown time and time again on Luffy's obstinate nature and his unwillingness to be reasoned with.
Besides, I don't think Law is the type of guy to follow Luffy and he has history with a lot of his crewmates he's recruited himself like Jean Bart, especially Bepo, Shachi, and Penguin who he has known since childhood. I don't see Law abandoning them.

Marco...well. He was the doctor of the Whitebeard Pirates and Chopper already has that covered.
As far as Law, I think he has it in him to follow Luffy. It's not like Kid who has a huge ego and big ambitions. Law's biggest ambition was to defeat Doflamingo, a Schibuki. And he didn't even think he could do that himself. He might follow the man who helped him achieve that. As for the crew, Franky was in a very similar situation, and he chose to leave the Franky Family.

With Marco, I suppose he would have to have a different role, and I don't know what that might be, but I think of him because he and Law are imo the only characters who knew Luffy pre timeskip who have nakama potential.

As far as Law, I think he has it in him to follow Luffy. It's not like Kid who has a huge ego and big ambitions. Law's biggest ambition was to defeat Doflamingo, a Schibuki. And he didn't even think he could do that himself. He might follow the man who helped him achieve that. As for the crew, Franky was in a very similar situation, and he chose to leave the Franky Family.

With Marco, I suppose he would have to have a different role, and I don't know what that might be, but I think of him because he and Law are imo the only characters who knew Luffy pre timeskip who have nakama potential.
He's still Luffy's rival. He has stated himself he intends on becoming Pirate King, so naturally that puts him at odds with Luffy. They only allied to take down Kaido, and indirectly in the process also target Doflamingo. In the grand scheme of things, Law is thinning out the competition at the top, but he knew he couldn't do it alone. Which is why he got Luffy involved since out of all the Worst Gen Pirates, he's the easiest to handle (what he initially thought) and in the process ended up being sucked into the Straw Hat pace. Law still has an agenda, so I doubt he'd join. And as I said before, he has a crew that he's made since childhood and he isn't the type to follow under anyone.

Don't see why Marco would join Luffy. He's a strong ally, like Law, but I don't see the nakama potential for him to follow under Luffy. If anything, he might actually take up Shanks' proposal to join him since one of the first thing he does when he arrives on Whitebeard's ship is to ask him to join him.

He's still Luffy's rival. He has stated himself he intends on becoming Pirate King, so naturally that puts him at odds with Luffy. They only allied to take down Kaido, and indirectly in the process also target Doflamingo. In the grand scheme of things, Law is thinning out the competition at the top, but he knew he couldn't do it alone. Which is why he got Luffy involved since out of all the Worst Gen Pirates, he's the easiest to handle (what he initially thought) and in the process ended up being sucked into the Straw Hat pace. Law still has an agenda, so I doubt he'd join. And as I said before, he has a crew that he's made since childhood and he isn't the type to follow under anyone.

Don't see why Marco would join Luffy. He's a strong ally, like Law, but I don't see the nakama potential for him to follow under Luffy. If anything, he might actually take up Shanks' proposal to join him since one of the first thing he does when he arrives on Whitebeard's ship is to ask him to join him.
Doflamingo wasn't targeted indirectly. Law only said the alliance was to take down Kaido so that Luffy would help him with Doflamingo. He made up the part about weakening Kaido by cutting off the supply of artificial devil fruits to get Kaido to kill Doflamingo for him since he wasn't strong enough to do it himself. That was Law's primary goal because of Rosinata. Pirate King is secondary at best.

You have a point on Marco. Like I said, the reason I think of him is because there's basically only 3 significant allies from before the timeskip, him, Law, and Jinbei, and I think new nakama would have to have known Luffy back then. I do think there's something to be said for Luffy being Ace's brother and being the primary person to take down Blackbeard in the future as far as his motivations though.

Doflamingo wasn't targeted indirectly. Law only said the alliance was to take down Kaido so that Luffy would help him with Doflamingo. He made up the part about weakening Kaido by cutting off the supply of artificial devil fruits to get Kaido to kill Doflamingo for him since he wasn't strong enough to do it himself. That was Law's primary goal because of Rosinata. Pirate King is secondary at best.

You have a point on Marco. Like I said, the reason I think of him is because there's basically only 3 significant allies from before the timeskip, him, Law, and Jinbei, and I think new nakama would have to have known Luffy back then. I do think there's something to be said for Luffy being Ace's brother and being the primary person to take down Blackbeard in the future as far as his motivations though.
It's not secondary when that has been his goal since pre-timeskip. And he even tells his men to shut up and follow him. He still is aspiring to become Pirate King, nothing really indicates otherwise. He has a scheme to climb to the top. What was the Rocky Port incident and why was that important enough to make him a Shichibukai? If anything, defeating Doflamingo was killing 2 birds with 1 stone. His vengeance took over since he began prioritizing Doflamingo way more since the initial plan of getting him resign his status as a Shichibukai went up in smoke. And once again, he's not abandoning his crew as he has no reason to follow Luffy when their goals put each other at odds with one another.

I'm well aware people think that a new crewmate should be someone Luffy has been aware of for a while, but Jinbe had built that relationship with Luffy since pre-timeskip. Hell, Luffy couldn't even remember who Marco was till Robin reminded him his head looked like a pineapple. He's a very strong ally to have and practically acted as a surrogate leader of the Whitebeard Pirates since he's always been on the forefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.