Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for reminder, what fruit does Momo have?
Thanks.
Yamato+Momo=Deity Guardians.
they have completely different purpose. Momo has already said many times that he wants to be Wano’s shogun, while Yamato has said the opposite, that she wants to go out to the sea. And if Yamato somehow wants to fulfill the duty to be Wano’s guardian deity (which in fact, she never stated that she wants to be Wano’s guardian deity), with the WG about to come and take over Wano, it’d be way more logical if Yamato goes out to sea with the Straw Hats, and defeat WG to its core so Wano is finally liberated from WG’s grasp & can open its borders.

Your argument here has been discussed & disproven before

Last edited:
it’d be way more logical if Yamato goes out to sea with the Straw Hats, and defeat WG to its core so Wano is finally liberated from WG’s grasp & can open its borders.
And don't forget that the SHP is technically under an ongoing war against the WG (via Sogeking)... Wouldn't it be more fitting that Yamato joins the crew in order to have a fighting chance to win her "supposed" fight for Wano?

Watching, like Carrot on her post on the Sunny
You mean watching, like Carrot did during Neko's annihilation of Peros? :mihanha:

they have completely different purpose. Momo has already said many times that he wants to be Wano’s shogun, while Yamato has said the opposite, that she wants to go out to the sea. And if Yamato somehow wants to fulfill the duty to be Wano’s guardian deity (which in fact, she never stated that she wants to be Wano’s guardian deity), with the WG about to come and take over Wano, it’d be way more logical if Yamato goes out to sea with the Straw Hats, and defeat WG to its core so Wano is finally liberated from WG’s grasp & can open its borders.

Your argument here has been discussed & disproven before
Look, i'm not talking about Yamato staying or not, not even the purpose of the character.
What you've said it's stupid, Kaido doesn't represents a Deity for Wano while having MOMO (A Dragon too) representing such deity XDXD
Momo+Yamato fullfill the roll of Deitys of Wano with luffy. That doen't make Yamato more or less nakama, but makes his lore closer and closer to Wano XDXD

Look, i'm not talking about Yamato staying or not, not even the purpose of the character.
What you've said it's stupid, Kaido doesn't represents a Deity for Wano while having MOMO (A Dragon too) representing such deity XDXD
Momo+Yamato fullfill the roll of Deitys of Wano with luffy. That doen't make Yamato more or less nakama, but makes his lore closer and closer to Wano XDXD
if you have already known the answer then what’s the point of asking a dumb question?

Quick question why are there so little people only choosing 1 person for next nakama isnt it the more the better? i feel like strawhats parallel red hair pirates in terms of crew strength they will be quite all rounded.

like to me my ideal crew is
luffy zoro sanji ussop nami chopper robin franky brook jinbei vivi yamato carrot

if there are apprentices then tama and momo( i know he is an adult but kaido was too when he was an apprentice)

and then the tiny mr morj fan in me welcomes smoker as well

to me i dont care who is the next/last crewmate cause all the people i named above are likable unique characters that oda has semi developed and who’s story’s arent over.

now is there anyone on my side🤣🤣🤣 or is everyone here either #carrot4nakama / #yamato4nakama
Post automatically merged:

I think I have compiled every potential member here and honestly I wouldn't hate it if anyone here joined

Current crew

Luffy(Captain)
Zoro(1stCombatant/firstmate)
Nami(navigator)
ussop(sniper/2nd engineer)
Sanji(cook/2ndCombatant)
chopper(doctor)
robin(archaeologist)
franky(shipwright/engineer)
brook(musician)
jinbei(3rdcombatant/helmsman)

Potential members
Vivi(diplomat)
Carrot(lookout/scout)
yamato(log keeper/4thCombatant)
Marco(2nd doctor/5th Combatant)
momo(apprentice)
Tama(apprentice)
smoker(strategist)
ceasar(scientist)
Caribou(spy)

Devil fruit.

Paramecia Luffy robin brook Tama

Zoan chopper momo Yamato Marco

Logia
smoker ceasar caribou

Male
Luffy Zoro ussop Sanji chopper Franky brook jinbei Marco momo smoker ceasar caribou

Female
Nami robin Vivi carrot yamato Tama

Last edited:
Quick question why are there so little people only choosing 1 person for next nakama isnt it the more the better? i feel like strawhats parallel red hair pirates in terms of crew strength they will be quite all rounded.

luffy zoro sanji ussop nami chopper robin franky brook jinbei vivi yamato carrot

if there are apprentices then tama and momo( i know he is an adult but kaido was too when he was an apprentice)

to me i dont care who is the next/last crewmate cause all the people i named above are likable unique characters that oda has semi developed and who’s story’s arent over.

now is there anyone on my side🤣🤣🤣 or is everyone here either #carrot4nakama / #yamato4nakama
Don't worry there are lots of both Yamato and Carrot supporters here... It's just that most of them are more convinced that Yamato joining is a higher probability...

I personally don't think and not convinced that there will be no more SHs after Yamato... I believe there's 1 more who had a history stalemating Ace... Smoker is indeed an interesting one (stalemated Ace and fits to be in the new tier of Jinbe and Yamato between the "Mid Trio" and the "Wings"), but he's a loyal Marine and a rival to Luffy...

I think I have compiled every potential member here and honestly I wouldn't hate it if anyone here joined

Current crew

Luffy(Captain)
Zoro(1stCombatant/firstmate)
Nami(navigator)
ussop(sniper/2nd engineer)
Sanji(cook/2ndCombatant)
chopper(doctor)
robin(archaeologist)
franky(shipwright/engineer)
brook(musician)
jinbei(3rdcombatant/helmsman)

Potential members
Vivi(diplomat)
Carrot(lookout/scout)
yamato(log keeper/4thCombatant)
Marco(2nd doctor/5th Combatant)
momo(apprentice)
Tama(apprentice)
smoker(strategist)
ceasar(scientist)
Caribou(spy)

Devil fruit.

Paramecia Luffy robin brook Tama

Zoan chopper momo Yamato Marco

Logia
smoker ceasar caribou

Male
Luffy Zoro ussop Sanji chopper Franky brook jinbei Marco momo smoker ceasar caribou

Female
Nami robin Vivi carrot yamato Tama

I will reply (very quikly) to this.

If we analyse the pattern of the strawhats we can say that to be validated for a character there is multiple parameters that must be checked first:

1. As been anywhere in the story a need/want for the post OR said crewmate to this post or as a member of the crew. It can be very subtle with hints or more obvious with strong setup. The need can also be narrative (for example the need for a first mate is narrative, not explicite)

2. Does the post fits a place on the ship, something significant and does this place make the crew better in their journey ?

3. Does the post has been introduced yet, either in a subtle manner or obviously ?

4. Did said character has been introduced already with capacity for the post

5. Did said character had a strong action related to this post (what I call "the Shining mugiwara action") and does this action had been witnessed by at least one member of the crew.

Let me give you an example: Jinbe / Helmsman

1. There has been hint all over the story that someone would need to fullfill the job. It can been seen - for example - just before arriving to the whole cake island where Brook take over the helm from Luffy who is doing a poor job at it. You can also say that Jinbe is a crewmate needed by Luffy from Fishmen Island.

2. The post fits one of the most crucial post of the ship, in battle it can make the difference between life or death.

3. The post has been introduced all over the story through the strawhats taking the helm

4. Jinbe has been introduced has an helmsman after Impel down.

5. Jinbe's mugiwara action is the "Green Room", he uses his capacities to get the ship away from Big Momo through the wave. The action amazes all the strawhats present.

Why are those parameters so important you will ask.. Well because everything in a story must be setup first. In another words gradually introduced to the reader. It must stay clear without being obvious. That's a fine line that each author must follow when they are introducing a team. Oda is no different. each of those steps are important.

- The first one introduce the need for the role to the story, for that reason there are job on a ship that will never be shown.
- The second show the importance of said post on a ship, making it relevant to the story
- The third shows that the strawhat are perfoming this role already, therefore this role has a meaning in the construction of our crew
- The fourth introduced us to the capacity of a character. It permits that the author will be able to make him do a great action without having to explain the history of the post for the character to the readers (show don't tell)
- The fifth ciment the character to the role on the ship by giving him a "shonen action", an action so magistral that it amaze one or more character present during the action.

Check it out. All the strawhats have those 5 steps. Not always at the same magnitude, sometimes the shonen action is not that impressive (this is the case for Robin for example) and sometime the need is very subtle, but those steps are always there and serves each characters into there role.

Now.. when we look at it only ONE job has been given the 5 step treatment and it's the Sentinelle/Recon/Look-Out. I won't give you more information, I'm sure that you will be able to find.. in the story, the 5 steps for this specific role.. and unto which specific character it will lead you to..

i was just compiling the candidates that some one piece fans want my ideal crew is above the part u are quoting is mostly what some people want and etc

I will reply (very quikly) to this.

If we analyse the pattern of the strawhats we can say that to be validated for a character there is multiple parameters that must be checked first:

1. As been anywhere in the story a need/want for the post OR said crewmate to this post or as a member of the crew. It can be very subtle with hints or more obvious with strong setup. The need can also be narrative (for example the need for a first mate is narrative, not explicite)

2. Does the post fits a place on the ship, something significant and does this place make the crew better in their journey ?

3. Does the post has been introduced yet, either in a subtle manner or obviously ?

4. Did said character has been introduced already with capacity for the post

5. Did said character had a strong action related to this post (what I call "the Shining mugiwara action") and does this action had been witnessed by at least one member of the crew.

Let me give you an example: Jinbe / Helmsman

1. There has been hint all over the story that someone would need to fullfill the job. It can been seen - for example - just before arriving to the whole cake island where Brook take over the helm from Luffy who is doing a poor job at it. You can also say that Jinbe is a crewmate needed by Luffy from Fishmen Island.

2. The post fits one of the most crucial post of the ship, in battle it can make the difference between life or death.

3. The post has been introduced all over the story through the strawhats taking the helm

4. Jinbe has been introduced has an helmsman after Impel down.

5. Jinbe's mugiwara action is the "Green Room", he uses his capacities to get the ship away from Big Momo through the wave. The action amazes all the strawhats present.

Why are those parameters so important you will ask.. Well because everything in a story must be setup first. In another words gradually introduced to the reader. It must stay clear without being obvious. That's a fine line that each author must follow when they are introducing a team. Oda is no different. each of those steps are important.

- The first one introduce the need for the role to the story, for that reason there are job on a ship that will never be shown.
- The second show the importance of said post on a ship, making it relevant to the story
- The third shows that the strawhat are perfoming this role already, therefore this role has a meaning in the construction of our crew
- The fourth introduced us to the capacity of a character. It permits that the author will be able to make him do a great action without having to explain the history of the post for the character to the readers (show don't tell)
- The fifth ciment the character to the role on the ship by giving him a "shonen action", an action so magistral that it amaze one or more character present during the action.

Check it out. All the strawhats have those 5 steps. Not always at the same magnitude, sometimes the shonen action is not that impressive (this is the case for Robin for example) and sometime the need is very subtle, but those steps are always there and serves each characters into there role.

Now.. when we look at it only ONE job has been given the 5 step treatment and it's the Sentinelle/Recon/Look-Out. I won't give you more information, I'm sure that you will be able to find.. in the story, the 5 steps for this specific role.. and unto which specific character it will lead you to..
i follow u on twitter(at least i think its u) i agree with most of ur points for carrot since i want her to join as well but from my earlier post u can see that i am for yamato to join as well and i think yamato has checked some of the boxes of ur criteria.

i feel like u can be pro-carrot but maybe dont shit on yamato so much as well cause she is a strong candidate. Like i said i want both to join

Last edited:
The problem with multiple members joining is pretty simple, Oda already has trouble balancing the crew he has. He had to split the crew for two arcs to try and manage it and on Wano with them all together some have been pretty badly shafted- for the first two acts everyone except Luffy and Zoro was tbh. There’s also a big cast of supporting characters as well, that plays a large, large part, but if the crew jumps up to 14/15 members that’s just more Strawhats to be sidelined, in all honesty.

I wouldn’t be especially bothered if the crew was finished with Jinbei, it’s really just the Blackbeard’s being eleven, how this Wano plot looks to be going on into EoS and Yamato’s frankly insane levels of focus that’s keeping me in the discussion. If she only goes with them for an arc then goes off on her own adventure, then other than waiting for Vivi coming back and keeping an eye on Smoker, I reckon I’d be done with this discussion .

Status
Not open for further replies.