Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I think this thread is going to be a bit more lively now, but the pro Carrot arguments have devolved into nonsense. I see no point in throwing my hat in the ring when no actual points are being made from the other side, but the drama's kinda fun. I think I'll just watch ya'll duke it out.
:pepecorn:
I have a high tolerance for BS but the post quality of the pro-Carrot and Anti-Yamato arguments has dropped so low that it's hard to even bother clicking onto the thread.

Ever since Carrot got off screened by Pero and Yamato declared she's sailing with Luffy, the posts sunk to the bottom of the barrel and most Carrot fans vanished.

Yamato joining is undeniable at this point.

1. Momo is now old enough to be Shogun, so you can’t say that Yamato has to stay in Wano to be Shogun.
2. The WG plans to capture Wano, so Yamato now has a dream to fulfill by joining the crew. Her dream can be to liberate Wano by dismantling the WG.
3. Zoro and Sanji are getting power ups so that Yamato won’t ruin the dynamic. Even if she joins and is as strong as Zoro and Sanji, as long as Zoro and Sanji are the 2 and 3 by the time that the next major fights start (presumably in Elbaf), that’s all that matters
4. If anti-Yamato stans say that her DF is Wano’s guardian deity, remember that (1) Kaido is a seiryu. He’s supposed to be Wano’s guardian deity, yet 3-4 years ago he left Wano unattended to set sail to the seas. (2) Yamato never intentionally ate the fruit and Kaido stated that her DF was supposed to be someone else.

4. If anti-Yamato stans say that her DF is Wano’s guardian deity, remember that (1) Kaido is a seiryu. He’s supposed to be Wano’s guardian deity, yet 3-4 years ago he left Wano unattended to set sail to the seas. (2) Yamato never intentionally ate the fruit and Kaido stated that her DF was supposed to be someone else.
It doesn’t matter because she would be guarding Wano anyways by taking the fight to the WG

This is the advantage to hitching your wagon to Jinbei’s star, you can laugh at everything that happens from now on. I got my man already, this is the bonus round.
I was rooting for Jinbe during the WCI Arc too, also defending him from the Carrot fans that kept saying he was going to die. Now I'm having to do the same of Yamato in the Wano Arc.

I'm really happy that Jinbe joined, but now i also want Yamato too!

But for Carrot? Not in a million years. After the Alabasta Arc, the members who joined have always been really cool and interesting. Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook and Jinbe all cool characters. Let's keep that winning streak going and have Yamato join. But Carrot? With the way she's being used in the Wano Arc, she won't be getting my vote, not in a million years.

I think this thread is going to be a bit more lively now, but the pro Carrot arguments have devolved into nonsense. I see no point in throwing my hat in the ring when no actual points are being made from the other side, but the drama's kinda fun. I think I'll just watch ya'll duke it out.
:pepecorn:
Wait till Carrot wears a mask and wishpers Shi Pi Zero in robins ears.

3. Zoro and Sanji are getting power ups so that Yamato won’t ruin the dynamic. Even if she joins and is as strong as Zoro and Sanji, as long as Zoro and Sanji are the 2 and 3 by the time that the next major fights start (presumably in Elbaf), that’s all that matters
Frankly, this dynamic BS excuse is only for the bigots who are insecure/afraid of change and/or Zoro and Sanji gatekeepers... Not that I'm saying that Yamato will outclass those 2 (I don't think it's gonna happen, at least not Zoro), but it's not like it will negatively impact the story, at least Oda is bold and unpredictable there should he opted to do that which would be pleasantly surprising...

Frankly, this dynamic BS excuse is only for the bigots who are insecure/afraid of change and/or Zoro and Sanji gatekeepers... Not that I'm saying that Yamato will outclass those 2 (I don't think it's gonna happen, at least not Zoro), but it's not like it will negatively impact the story, at least Oda is bold and unpredictable there should he opted to do that which would be pleasantly surprising...
It's got nothing to do with insecurity or being afraid of change.
It's just that Oda has previously gone out of his way to maintain the strength dynamic as Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji as the top strongest in the crew.
It didn't change with Robin, Franky, or Jinbe.
So we really have no reason to believe it would change here either.

bigots?

It's got nothing to do with insecurity or being afraid of change.
It's just that Oda has previously gone out of his way to maintain the strength dynamic as Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji as the top strongest in the crew.
It didn't change with Robin, Franky, or Jinbe.
So we really have no reason to believe it would change here either.
I know... That's why there's no reason to worry...

smart literary choices
:saitahu:

I know... That's why there's no reason to worry...

:saitahu:
Keeping to the preestablished paradigm is not a weakness in this case, but a strength. Zoro and Sanji being the wings has been deeply embedded into the entirety of the story. To overhaul that at this moment in time would not be 'smart' or 'novel'. I was saying that, from a perspective of a woman, it seemed like you were saying it was sexist that people didn't want Yamato to be stronger than Z/S. I personally believe that people don't want it for reasons outside of being a 'bigot' and it correlates with a fondness for consistent, smart literary choices from Oda.

Keeping to the preestablished paradigm is not a weakness in this case, but a strength. Zoro and Sanji being the wings has been deeply embedded into the entirety of the story. To overhaul that at this moment in time would not be 'smart' or 'novel'. I was saying that, from a perspective of a woman, it seemed like you were saying it was sexist that people didn't want Yamato to be stronger than Z/S. I personally believe that people don't want it for reasons outside of being a 'bigot' and it correlates with a fondness for consistent, smart literary choices from Oda.
Never said it is sexist... Perhaps the word I used was too much people but the definition of the word differs (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot) and can fit in...

As per the Wings gatekeeping, we'll never know how it will affect the writing if we never see it happen... Oda is not consistent all the time anyway (e.g. leader is the boss battle, Zoro 2nd highest bounty, swordsman vs. swordsman, etc.)... He can change the way things are supposed to be at one time then revert back in a matter of an arc if he wants to without negatively affecting the story...

Now, why worry about something that will likely never happen (Yamato > Zoro)? That should never be a strong excuse for Yamato not to join...

Just for reminder, what fruit does Momo have?
Thanks.
Yamato+Momo=Deity Guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.