Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More deflecting. Once again, your only argument is that "Carrot might get something later."

Carrot had a happy life without any conflict. The Mink tribe had a 1000 years of peace so Carrot would be the only SH without any past struggle or motivation.

Carrot doesn't have any villain, has yet to be a main character and was completely separated from the SHs despite Oda speed running to finished One Piece by age 50.

All you can day to this is that you don't understand what I'm saying and that Carrot might get something later...
What do you want me to say ? That Carrot has no connection with a villain. Yeah. everyone knows that, you know it, I know it. No one cares. We are already pass that but you. What you think is deflecting is just me going ahead of your question. And telling you that it does not matter.

Carrot has a past trouble : whole cake. And a motivation : Pedro so... WRONG
Post automatically merged:

Said someone who has so many typos in his replies LMAO. Still doesn’t change the fact that Carrot never asked, Luffy never accepted, and no Straw Hat has acknowledged her as part of the crew. You said she didn’t invite herself, she takes. Takes what? No Straw Hats has asked her to join the crew either. Should I remind you with this:

It’s not even 24 hours and you’re denying your own statement. You’re a whole circus NGL I’m literally laughing replying you LMAO

Damn Jo.. you must have something to compensate for being that toxic.. xD

Again for the wait.. ( 1 .. 2 .. 3 ..) 4 ... time : I'.m n.o.t d.e.n.y.i.n.g. a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g.

Carrot invited herself and Luffy accepted her. You can't read can't you ? xD

Where the fudging hell do you see that I say "Carrot didn't invited herself" You trolling right ?

Last edited:
Since you are a self-proclaimed analyst, you should've known the context/usage of the word "past" in your discussion... The "past" they're referring to is defined as an event prior to the present timeline of the story, in short, pre-arc events (usually via flashbacks)...

Since you are a self-proclaimed analyst, you should've known the context/usage of the word "past" in your discussion... The "past" they're referring to is defined as an event prior to the present timeline of the story, in short, pre-arc events (usually via flashbacks)...
Who said that this was set in stone in the story ? Who said that everystrawhat MUST have something taking place in the PAST (so okay.. the present timeline) ... Who said that ?

No one...

.. But the fans.

In fact Oda can change that without breaking his pattern. I explain this here

Many are trying to deflect my arguments, nuance* I gave you a strong one, until no, almost no one commented on it.

1. You first sentence doesn't make sence, can you repeat it please
2. Right now Carrot is not a strawhat, and the main villain can come AFTER wano. (and it doesn't need to be a main villain, in fact Jack is sufficiant)
3. Jack, indirectly. or it can come later. And again, Carrot is not a strawhat yet
4. Carrot is not a strawhat yet. It can come after Wano, this is irrelevant
5. Carrot is not a strawhat yet. Carrot is not separated, or ZOro is separated. The conflict takes place in Onigashima, not just a room or two. Maybe Perospero is not Carrot's greatest conflict. (yup that's the powa of storytelling ma boi)
Carrot has been around 200+ chapters with none of that addressed. Now suddenly Oda will give her all this at the climax of the story when there is 15 other, more important things, to yet be solved?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
What do you want me to say ? That Carrot has no connection with a villain. Yeah. everyone knows that, you know it, I know it. No one cares. We are already pass that but you. What you think is deflecting is just me going ahead of your question. And telling you that it does not matter.

Again for the wait.. ( 1 .. 2 .. 3 ..) 4 ... time : I'.m n.o.t d.e.n.y.i.n.g. a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g.

Where the fudging hell do you see that I say "Carrot didn't invited herself" You trolling right ?
I want to give real arguments instead of saying "maybe this, maybe that" and claiming is fits the story.

You saying Jack, after being beaten by Inu, will return and be the main villain of an arc to thematically contrast Carrot and get taken out by Luffy?

Cause it does matter. Once again, how come Carrot gets to be the only one it doesn't happen to? How come Carrot gets to be the only one to break Oda's story telling habits?

Who said that this was set in stone in the story ? Who said that everystrawhat MUST have something taking place in the PAST (so okay.. the present timeline) ... Who said that ?

No one...

.. But the fans.

First off, before you post an external link, you should give a bit of a summary of what it contains or else it will be considered as a spam...

To give an example and at the same time explain, here's a video released by the official OP channel talking about Yamato (taped before Yamato's flashback)... Here they talked how the only thing left for Yamato to be a SH is a sad story and they're confident that she'll join:

Again, that's the official OP channel who released that, not a self-proclaimed analyst...

you keep doing mental gymnastics over and over again. I have made points on that same specific pages you were referring to, and compare those pages with Robin’s.

you said “Carrot invited herself, she didn’t ask. She takes.” Takes what? You didn’t even care to explain what does she take. Yet in those same pages you were referring, again, Carrot didn’t say anything “I want to join your crew.” like Robin did, and Luffy also never said “okay you’re my crew now” or something like that. Is it really that hard for you to comprehend the words? Can’t you read, illiterate, or are you just plain ignorant?

You simply can’t make a difference between “I decided to tag along” and “I want to join your crew” which has totally different meaning. You’re accusing I don’t understand English while in the meantime you’re the one who can’t write english properly and request people to understand you. Again, are you not ashamed of yourself?

No one...

.. But the fans.

Stop linking your fan theories, no one is interested. If you want to say something say it here. Van asked you why will Oda do all this for the first time for Carrot and Carrot alone, every other Strawhat was told in that way, but since you want Carrot to join you say no, every Strawhat doesnt have to have all that. Its like me liking Pekoms and saying he doesnt have to have a role on the ship, who says he MUST have one? Thats you with Carrot

you keep doing mental gymnastics over and over again. I have made points on that same specific pages you were referring to, and compare those pages with Robin’s.

you said “Carrot invited herself, she didn’t ask. She takes.” Takes what? You didn’t even care to explain what does she take. Yet in those same pages you were referring, again, Carrot didn’t say anything “I want to join your crew.” like Robin did, and Luffy also never said “okay you’re my crew now” or something like that. Is it really that hard for you to comprehend the words? Can’t you read, illiterate, or are you just plain ignorant?

You simply can’t make a difference between “I decided to tag along” and “I want to join your crew” which has totally different meaning. You’re accusing I don’t understand English while in the meantime you’re the one who can’t write english properly and request people to understand you. Again, are you not ashamed of yourself?

Okay so I understand your problem. You are so focused on proving me wrong that you completly missread what I said. So l to calm you down a bit: Let me repeat the two statements clearly:

1) "Carrot TAKES she doesn't ASK." >> This is a statement not on the situation but on the characterization of Carrot. If you want another phrasing : Carrot is not someone who ask for things, she takes them without asking others.

2) "Carrot invited herself (meaning that she didn't ask, like the sentence you can see above) and Luffy accepted her (meaning that well.. he accepted her)

Those two sentence are complementary not in contradiction.

Please tell me that you understand you error.. this argument is getting old.

Stop linking your fan theories, no one is interested. If you want to say something say it here. Van asked you why will Oda do all this for the first time for Carrot and Carrot alone, every other Strawhat was told in that way, but since you want Carrot to join you say no, every Strawhat doesnt have to have all that. Its like me liking Pekoms and saying he doesnt have to have a role on the ship, who says he MUST have one? Thats you with Carrot
I link them because it's easier for me to explain my point of view. If you don't care, don't ask.

And the answer to the question is simple. Why would Oda change that ? Because:

- 1 Carrot is 15, it's hard to do a backstory on that
- 2 Because this is the last strawhat.. oda needs to surprise us
- 3 Why not ?

Like I explain in the link that you don't want to read : Putting the "backstory" in the present doesn't change a thing about the real pattern of the strawhats.

First off, before you post an external link, you should give a bit of a summary of what it contains or else it will be considered as a spam...

To give an example and at the same time explain, here's a video released by the official OP channel talking about Yamato (taped before Yamato's flashback)... Here they talked how the only thing left for Yamato to be a SH is a sad story and they're confident that she'll join:

Again, that's the official OP channel who released that, not a self-proclaimed analyst...
Oh okay sorry, I didn't know that.

You will find here my blog concerning the theory of Carrot and more so a page with an explanation on why giving a backstory to Carrot is not a necessity (is that okay like that ?)

> Here <

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
- 1 Carrot is 15, it's hard to do a backstory on that
- 2 Because this is the last strawhat.. oda needs to surprise us
- 3 Why not ?

Like I explain in the link that you don't want to read : Putting the "backstory" in the present doesn't change a thing about the real pattern of the strawhats.
What? Chopper was 15 when he joined and most of the SHs get their flashbacks when they were like 8 years old.

Where is Carrot's past conflict? Why would she be the only SH who doesn't need one? Zou was peaceful without conflict for 1000 years so where is it?

What? Chopper was 15 when he joined and most of the SHs get their flashbacks when they were like 8 years old.

Where is Carrot's past conflict? Why would she be the only SH who doesn't need one? Zou was peaceful without conflict for 1000 years so where is it?
Good point about chopper
Carrot doesn't have a "past" conflict. She has a "present" one.

Like I said, those "past" conflict doesn't need to be in the past.

Here you will have to focus, because this is not easy to understand. That's why I linked you a post where I explain that in detail.

Okay so I understand your problem. You are so focused on proving me wrong that you completly missread what I said. So l to calm you down a bit: Let me repeat the two statements clearly:

1) "Carrot TAKES she doesn't ASK." >> This is a statement not on the situation but on the characterization of Carrot. If you want another phrasing : Carrot is not someone who ask for things, she takes them without asking others.

2) "Carrot invited herself (meaning that she didn't ask, like the sentence you can see above) and Luffy accepted her (meaning that well.. he accepted her)

Those two sentence are complementary not in contradiction.

Please tell me that you understand you error.. this argument is getting old.
You were the one who brought “ask” and you’re also the one who doesn’t understand the meaning of “ask” and confusing yourself with the word. Ask = question, which means asking = questioning, which means it ends with “?” Or as we say question mark. I know that she didn’t ask, and you said she invited herself; and she didn’t ask but takes. Are we clear at this point?

You then said she INVITED herself and Luffy ACCEPTED her, referring the pages of chapter 823. In that same page Carrot NEVER invited herself to the crew, therefore Luffy NEVER accepted her. She said “I decided to tag along!” She didn’t say “I want to join your crew.” like the way Robin invited herself to the crew. Those phrases have completely different meaning. Everybody knows the difference, sadly, but you. With the fact that you said “she takes anything without asking” Luffy still needs to accept what she takes. Then Luffy said: “well, you’re on board now! So we’ll have to make do.” It’s different with what you said that Robin was never considered a Straw Hat, especially since Robin INVITED herself to join the crew, not INVITED herself to tag along. Are we clear or you still have problem with the difference of “tag along” and “join your crew”?

If you have reading comprehension of writing issue, I completely understand; because of the way how many times I can’t recall you’ve made typos over and over again. It should be me who asks whether you can read or not because so far you’re the one who has writing issue with typos; not the other way around. Therefore I completely understand if you don’t understand the difference of “I decided to tag along” and “I want to join your crew.” Again, almost everybody knows the difference but you, therefore you’re the one who has reading comprehension problem.

for the record, aren’t you contradicting yourself that last week you said it’s terrible that Yamato “forces” herself to join the crew and it’s okay, in your opinion, for Carrot to “force” herself into the crew?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Good point about chopper
Carrot doesn't have a "past" conflict. She has a "present" one.

Like I said, those "past" conflict doesn't need to be in the past.

Here you will have to focus, because this is not easy to understand. That's why I linked you a post where I explain that in detail.
So Carrot will be the only one with just a present conflict? All the SHs had past issues shown in a flashback that were dealt with in the present.

Once again, how come Carrot will be the only one that's different and break the pattern?

You were the one who brought “ask” and you’re also the one who doesn’t understand the meaning of “ask” and confusing yourself with the word. Ask = question, which means asking = questioning, which means it ends with “?” Or as we say question mark. I know that she didn’t ask, and you said she invited herself; and she didn’t ask but takes. Are we clear at this point?

You then said she INVITED herself and Luffy ACCEPTED her, referring the pages of chapter 823. In that same page Carrot NEVER invited herself to the crew, therefore Luffy NEVER accepted her. She said “I decided to tag along!” She didn’t say “I want to join your crew.” like the way Robin invited herself to the crew. Those phrases have completely different meaning. Everybody knows the difference, sadly, but you. With the fact that you said “she takes anything without asking” Luffy still needs to accept what she takes. Then Luffy said: “well, you’re on board now! So we’ll have to make do.” It’s different with what you said that Robin was never considered a Straw Hat, especially since Robin INVITED herself to join the crew, not INVITED herself to tag along. Are we clear or you still have problem with the difference of “tag along” and “join your crew”?

If you have reading comprehension of writing issue, I completely understand; because of the way how many times I can’t recall you’ve made typos over and over again. It should be me who asks whether you can read or not because so far you’re the one who has writing issue with typos; not the other way around. Therefore I completely understand if you don’t understand the difference of “I decided to tag along” and “I want to join your crew.” Again, almost everybody knows the difference but you, therefore you’re the one who has reading comprehension problem.

for the record, aren’t you contradicting yourself that last week you said it’s terrible that Yamato “forces” herself to join the crew and it’s okay, in your opinion, for Carrot to “force” herself into the crew?

Let me stop you right in the middle of you text. Of course Carrot invited herself in the crew. Not the strawhats per say, but the curent crew of whole cake. This is a fact, you can't deny that (I'll read the rest later, but we have to agree on that first)

So Carrot will be the only one with just a present conflict? All the SHs had past issues shown in a flashback that were dealt with in the present.
Yup pretty much.

Once again, how come Carrot will be the only one that's different and break the pattern?
And trust me, it doesn't change a thing about the dynamic. But you have to read what I linked to understand what I'm talking about. Trust me, this is not a concept easy to understand. It took me month of reflexion before understanding that.

Once you have done that come back to the following sentence:

All we need is those three things. Oda can put them in the past.. but he can also put them in the present. That's the magic of storytelling.

Last edited:
You are ignoring all my arguments until now.. Don't talk about who is ignoring who

Headcanon.

Carrot's view of adventure must have completely change between her departure and now. This assumption is based on all her journey so far. Plus Carrot desire to go on an adventure can be based on a "light" ground, it is not less legitimate. Keep that in mind. So the argument of comparison of the desires is wrong by essence.

Now, there are factual evidence showing that Carrot enjoyed her adventure more than just a routine journey. She has been impressed by her journey the same way a child is impressed by a roller coaster. The most logical assumption is therefore NOT that Carrot would want to go back, but the opposite, that Carrot would want to stay.

Nothing you can say can counter the logic of this assumption.

That's why the most logical assumption, right now, is not that Carrot will kindly go back to zou, but that Carrot will sneak AGAIN on the Sunny.

The message of One Piece is clear, once an adventure as begun, only something VERY strong like a strong duty (Vivi) can stop the adventurer.

And again,

Once a pirate, always a pirate.
Do you know what headcannon is? It's fully believing that something which was never stated in the manga is true based on your own assumptions.

What Van said was that Carrot packed only a snack and didn't say goodbye because she planned to sneak away and be back soon. This was all shown on panel, and it shows that she did not plan to leave Zou on a long term basis. No headcannon here.

Then you replied "Carrot's view of adventure must have completely changed between her departure and now". There is no panel that shows this, and the word "must" gives away that you know there is no proof. This is clearly headcannon.

If you want to disagree and present a case as to why Carrot's mindset might have changed, go ahead. Things can always change in the manga, and those panels might be outdated if her mindset really has changed. But don't call real arguments based on real panels headcannon and then "refute" it with headcannon of your own. It's disingenuous.

Let me stop you right in the middle of you text. Of course Carrot invited herself in the crew. Not the strawhats per say, but the curent crew of whole cake. This is a fact, you can't deny that (I'll read the rest later, but we have to agree on that first)
And here you are still denying that tag along =/= join the crew. The fact stands that Carrot was tagging along, she didn’t invite herself to join the crew. I seriously want to say stop ignoring the obvious fact for your own agenda, and I honestly didn’t think your reading comprehension is this terrible.

Do you know what headcannon is? It's fully believing that something which was never stated in the manga is true based on your own assumptions.

What Van said was that Carrot packed only a snack and didn't say goodbye because she planned to sneak away and be back soon. This was all shown on panel, and it shows that she did not plan to leave Zou on a long term basis. No headcannon here.
That's only a logical assumption (and so an headcannon) not a fact.

Then you replied "Carrot's view of adventure must have completely changed between her departure and now". There is no panel that shows this, and the word "must" gives away that you know there is no proof. This is clearly headcannon.
Yes this is one. This is only the most logical assumption.

But I agree on one thing, I use the word head canon too loosely, I'll try to avoid that in the future.

And here you are still denying that tag along =/= join the crew. The fact stands that Carrot was tagging along, she didn’t invite herself to join the crew. I seriously want to say stop ignoring the obvious fact for your own agenda, and I honestly didn’t think your reading comprehension is this terrible.
Yes, I'm totally denying that.

Tagging along = joining the crew (not the strawhat, the current CREW). There can't be no debate on this sorry.

Yes, I'm totally denying that.

Tagging along = joining the crew. There can't be no debate on this sorry.
Funny that you asked whether I can understand english or not as clearly tagging along =/= joining the crew and you’re denying the obvious difference in meaning.

And it’s even funnier that few days ago you said “Carrot fans know there is a chance to be wrong” put the blame on Yamato fans, play the victim card, only to prove otherwise with your statement here. I guess I’m right when I say you’re the epitome of grand circus of the century.

Have it your way then. I honestly don’t want to lower my intelligence level to your level

Funny that you asked whether I can understand english or not as clearly tagging along =/= joining the crew and you’re denying the obvious difference in meaning.

And it’s even funnier that few days ago you said “Carrot fans know there is a chance to be wrong” put the blame on Yamato fans, play the victim card, only to prove otherwise with your statement here. I guess I’m right when I say you’re the epitome of grand circus of the century.

Have it your way then. I honestly don’t want to lower my intelligence level to your level
Tagging along = = = = = Joining the current crew

On that I'm sorry but there is no way I can agree with you

Tagging along means going to be part of a group and therefore the crew.. I don't even know how you can deny that.

I hope everyone else agrees with me on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.