Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
For the likes of Dizzy and C4N, yes... For some of us, it would be better to discuss about post-Wano nakama-related stuffs, whether someone will still join or not...
I'm still holding out hope for Law.

Jew makes a better duo with Dizzy than with Hoppy.
Post automatically merged:

If Blackbeard's 10th Titan is special, then so is the 11th Straw Hat. Some say Yamato, but what if Teach's 10th Titan joins the Straw Hats like how Oden joined the Roger Pirates?
This makes negative sense.

Outside of some unknown eleventh hour (pun intended) new and extremely compelling character post Wano, Vivi would be my only pick both if Yamato joins and if she doesn't, if there's an 11 total count post Wano Vivi is the one I would accept to break Luffy's 10 recruit comment and if only Jinbe joins then Vivi would feel like a no brainer to close the count given her previous history with the crew and recently increased plot relevance.

The 10th BB captain is likely Sanji's opponent.

BB and Shiryu are the only members that have received special portrayal in the crew since they're Luffy and Zoro's opponents. No other member sticks out above the rest like those two do. The final BB captain has the set up to be that 3rd special member considering their late introduction and mysterious recruitment.

Luffy vs Blackbeard
Zoro vs Shiryu
Nami vs Catarina Devon
Usopp vs Van Auger
Sanji vs 10th Titanic Captain
Chopper vs Doc Q
Robin vs Vasco Shot
Franky vs Sanjuan Wolf
Brook vs Laffite
Jinbe vs Burgess
Carrot vs Avalo Pizzaro

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Jew makes a better duo with Dizzy than with Hoppy.
Post automatically merged:

If Blackbeard's 10th Titan is special, then so is the 11th Straw Hat. Some say Yamato, but what if Teach's 10th Titan joins the Straw Hats like how Oden joined the Roger Pirates?
This bullshit with Blackbeard's "Titanic whatever" is boring.

As if the BB crew will be strong. No one aside from Teach, Aokiji, and Shiryu really matter and Aokiji is probably still an undercover agent.

The 10th BB captain is likely Sanji's opponent.

BB and Shiryu are the only members that have received special portrayal in the crew since they're Luffy and Zoro's opponents. No other member sticks out above the rest like those two do. The final BB captain has the set up to be that 3rd special member considering their late introduction and mysterious recruitment.

Luffy vs Blackbeard
Zoro vs Shiryu
Nami vs Catarina Devon
Usopp vs Van Auger
Sanji vs 10th Titanic Captain
Chopper vs Doc Q
Robin vs Vasco Shot
Franky vs Sanjuan Wolf
Brook vs Laffite
Jinbe vs Burgess
Carrot vs Avalo Pizzaro
This might be a reach, but I'm convinced Pizzaro being the only one without the outfit alongside Shiryu is subtle hype. And it's fitting for the Sanji opponent because it makes him standout like Shiryu but not enough to be specialized like Shiryu. If anything, this 10th Titan is reserved for the final Straw Hat.

Carrot vs Avalo Pizzaro
The only way Carrot can stand a chance against Avalo (or any other BBP) is for him to transform into a fodder grass...

Those guys defeated the remnants of WBP, which includes Izo... And that's during the timeskip... I'm sure they're better now since they already shrug more of their "ring rust" from being jailed in ID and with their stolen DF powers...

It would be interesting if Law would become a Mugiwara. It is his only chance to realise his dreams of knowing the true history but he would need to swallow his pride and become a subordinate. And his crew could perhaps rebuild Zou and Wano or something in the meantime.

Now that Zoro has got his AdCoC it won't disrupt the hierachy either, just like Jinbei couldn't join until Wano when Sanji finally surpassed him (yet to get his official toast) Law couldn't join before Zoro surpassed him.

In the end Law will leave, die or be surpassed by Sanji as it should be clear that's the hierachy in the end. Law would join as a strategist so he won't take Choppers job. Perhaps both Sanji and Chopper will feel threatened by Law and try to measure up as seen with Sanji towards Jinbei.

Yonko - Luffy
Inbetweener - Zoro
YC1 - Law
YC2 - Sanji
YC3 - Jinbei

This might be a reach, but I'm convinced Pizzaro being the only one without the outfit alongside Shiryu is subtle hype. And it's fitting for the Sanji opponent because it makes him standout like Shiryu but not enough to be specialized like Shiryu. If anything, this 10th Titan is reserved for the final Straw Hat.
I don't think we'd be so clueless about Sanji's opponent if it was really meant to be Pizzaro. Oda always makes it very clear who the top dogs are.

Baroque Works were numbered
CP9 were outright power ranked
Beast Pirates a hierarchy

If there's so much ambiguity over Sanji's (of all SHs) main matchup, I can only assume that's because none of the current options really fit. And it makes sense since from a storytelling perspective for the final BB member to be special in someway to make up for their late introduction and not just feel like a tag on.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I don't think we'd be so clueless about Sanji's opponent if it was really meant to be Pizzaro. Oda always makes it very clear who the top dogs are.

Baroque Works were numbered
CP9 were outright power ranked
Beast Pirates a hierarchy
That might simply be because we hadn't properly been introduced to the Blackbeard Pirates yet.

This would be like guessing at Zoro's main match in the Dressrosa Arc back on Punk Hazard.

That might simply be because we hadn't properly been introduced to the Blackbeard Pirates yet.

This would be like guessing at Zoro's main match in the Dressrosa Arc back on Punk Hazard.
It's more ambiguous in arcs where the full crew don't get match ups, but when we get 1 vs 1 down the line, it's obvious which members Zoro and Sanji will fight. Like from the instant we saw King and Queen, (agendas aside) we should've all known deep down who their opponents were.

There's zero doubt Zoro's fighting Shiryu. Even though it's never once been stated that he's the VC, Oda still managed to distinguish him from the group using his distinct introduction to make it clear that he's a cut above the rest. The final captain has that same sort of special set up. Not an OG, nor did they prove themselves in the ID battle royale, yet BB accepted them anyways likely cause they're such a monster.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It's more ambiguous in arcs where the full crew don't get match ups, but when we get 1 vs 1 down the line, it's obvious which members Zoro and Sanji will fight. Like from the instant we saw King and Queen, (agendas aside) we should've all known deep down who their opponents were.

There's zero doubt Zoro's fighting Shiryu. Even though it's never once been stated that he's the VC, Oda still managed to distinguish him from the group using his distinct introduction to make it clear that he's a cut above the rest. The final captain has that same sort of special set up. Not an OG, nor did they prove themselves in the ID battle royale, yet BB accepted them anyways likely cause they're such a monster.
I think it's plausible that someone like Lafitte could fulfill that role as Sanji's opponent:
  • He infiltrated the Shichibukai meeting, sneaking past several high tiers and a couple top tiers (one of them being Hawkeyes Mihawk).
    • He was trusted with this mission.
  • He's the Chief of Staff of the Blackbeard Pirates.
  • He was introduced alongside Shiryu.

I think it's plausible that someone like Lafitte could fulfill that role as Sanji's opponent:
  • He infiltrated the Shichibukai meeting, sneaking past several high tiers and a couple top tiers (one of them being Hawkeyes Mihawk).
    • He was trusted with this mission.
  • He's the Chief of Staff of the Blackbeard Pirates.
  • He was introduced alongside Shiryu.
Yeah fair. But the chief of staff thing has never been mentioned in the manga, only a vivre card I think. And it's his stealth that was emphasised at Mariejois instead of his strength like was the case with Shiryu. But tbh I hadn't considered him for Sanji much at all really.

Feels much more like Brook's opponent given his design and build, potential siren df, west blue origin, dancer vs musician, etc.

Last edited:
Determining the Blackbeard match-ups is tricky because several of them exhibits traits of more than one member. Lafitte is dancing (Brook) navigator (Nami) with subtle clues of being the second strongest (Sanji). Doc Q is a doctor (Chopper) who pertains to death (Brook). Going by occupation started appealing to me more especially when you have this supposed pattern:

First Titan VS First New World Straw Hat (Helmsman)
Titans 2–5 VS East Blue Straw Hats (Number Two, Navigator, Sniper)
Titans 6–9 VS Paradise Straw Hats (Doctor)
Final Titan VS Final New World Straw Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.