Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@CarrotForNakama So exactly what progress have you made in these last couple days of shouting "I'm not toxic, you are!" to the same people saying they don't care what you say? I'm genuinely starting to think you're posting for fun with no goal in mind but arguing.
Not much true that is.
Post automatically merged:

You didn’t even say it to me, but this is easily the most toxic response you could’ve said lmao.
So now, saying that I have experience is toxic ? xD

Switching the blame and making yourself the victim does not suit you that much.

That's not being toxic. Being toxic is laughing at fans for liking a character. Being toxic is bashing a character for no reason. Being toxic is calling furry any person who likes Carrot. Being toxic is giving continuous bad faith argumentations.

You are not being toxic by having a conversation.. you are by being mean.

See.. what you just did is called bad faith. You are twisting the narrative (volontary or not) just for your narrative. I didn't accuse the forum of anything, I said that I HEARD that this forum was toxic.

You really don't know the difference ?

And even tho this was the case, accusing someone of being toxic is not being toxic. You have a really strange mindset.
“I didn’t accuse the forum of anything, I said that I HEARD this forum was toxic.”

“I’m here because I’ve heard this forum as MANY of sources of hate towards Carrot”.

Those are the perfect example of accusations. Because you HEARD from somewhere, and you couldn’t even give evidences (like you always lack, giving evidences) where exactly did you get that information. You’re being passive-aggresive, denying your own words even in the same sentence of reply. You’re denying it won’t get you anywhere. Everybody knows the difference but you, or maybe you have something wrong either with your sight or hearing; or maybe both.

The only one who has strange mindset here, clearly, is only you. Everyone who disagrees with you, you call them as toxic. Everyone who’s laughing at fans for liking at a character (Carrot), you call them toxic. Everyone who’s bashing on a character (Carrot) without no reason, you call them toxic. Everyone who calls Carrot fans as “furries”, you call them toxic. Everyone whom you consider has bad faith arguments, you call them toxic.

I, as a Monet fan, never called someone toxic if anybody laughs at me, or if anybody is bashing on Monet, or if anybody call me “psychopath”, just because I like Monet. I simply consider everybody has their own taste and opinions; unlike you, obviously.

And those are the differences between “normal” mindset and “strange” mindset. NGL this thread is so much interesting if you appear, as we all need a laughing stock. You’ve been doing the perfect job to be it. Keep coping like you always do

“I didn’t accuse the forum of anything, I said that I HEARD this forum was toxic.”

“I’m here because I’ve heard this forum as MANY of sources of hate towards Carrot”.

Those are the perfect example of accusations. Because you HEARD from somewhere, and you couldn’t even give evidences (like you always lack, giving evidences) where exactly did you get that information. You’re being passive-aggresive, denying your own words even in the same sentence of reply. You’re denying it won’t get you anywhere. Everybody knows the difference but you, or maybe you have something wrong either with your sight or hearing; or maybe both.

So you still don't undestand the difference between a statement (of having heard from someone) and an accusation ? Strange..

The only one who has strange mindset here, clearly, is only you. Everyone who disagrees with you, you call them as toxic. Everyone who’s laughing at fans for liking at a character, you call them toxic. Everyone who’s bashing on a character without no reason, you call them toxic. Everyone who calls Carrot fans as “furries”, you call them toxic. Everyone whom you consider has bad faith arguments, you call them toxic.
Appart from the people who disagrees with me (I don't call toxic everyone who disagree "toxic", you are blatently lying here) yes.. this is true.. those who do the things you just said ARE toxic. I don't need more explanation than that.

So if you're aware of this then are you also aware that you've been clogging these last dozen of pages with this "No you" argument that doesn't move Carrot's needle at all nor has the discussion itself gone anywhere?
Im giving argument.. There are just ignored. Look for example at what I did in reply to Van.. Do I hear anyone talking about that replie or the article I made by inspiration ?

Nah.. People are more interested on calling me toxic for stating that I have experience lol

I just told you. His posts are all over. Do you need me to qoute them for you?

Also you say you change your mind and then you go back to saying there are no toxic Carrot fans here. Which is it?
Why not. Yeah

Oh by the way I found the exchange I was talking about. Granted I did no say "billy boy" but "Kido".. It's a little bit nastier but in front of this reply, I don't think that deserved a ban.

(and yeah if you ask, the guy is still there)

And I think that here is the post that got me ban

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=54818&page=496&p=4153502&viewfull=1#post4153502 (it's the 9903)

I can't be more factual than this about the bias of this forum.

Last edited:
So you still don't undestand the difference between a statement (of having heard from someone) and an accusation ? Strange..
Statement is based on facts. Accusation is based on opinions. People there were asking where did you get/hear that information from and you didn’t even answer them. You heard an information without knowing whether that is truth or lie, that is a perfect example accusation. TBH it’s not surprising that this comes from someone who insisted his own comprehension that tagging along = joining, while everybody else knows that tag along has different meaning with joining.

Isn’t it ironic that you’re a self-proclaimed “analyst” yet you’re the one who can’t make the difference? Keep denying & coping like you always do.

Statement is based on facts. Accusation is based on opinions. People there were asking where did you get/hear that information from and you didn’t even answer them. You heard an information without knowing whether that is truth or lie, that is a perfect example accusation. TBH it’s not surprising that this comes from someone who insisted his own comprehension that tagging along = joining, while everybody else knows that tag along has different meaning with joining.

Isn’t it ironic that you’re a self-proclaimed “analyst” yet you’re the one who can’t make the difference? Keep denying & coping like you always do.
Of course I didn't answer them!! Why would I bring my source in the open for a beating ? Are you serious ?

Tagging along = Being a crewmate = joining =/= being recruted = Being officialized = Being a member of the strawhat

Of course I didn't answer them!! Why would I bring my source in the open for a beating ? Are you serious ?

Tagging along = joining =/= being recruted
lmao what makes you think they would beat your source? They’re not as deranged as you think they are. NGL I’m laughing with your ridiculous reason. Just say that you have baseless source for that, and you’re too arrogant to admit you don’t know what you were talking about. It’s the elephant in the room anyway, as everybody knows you’re an arrogant nobody who tries so hard to be somebody.

With your logic of comprehension like that, everybody else here has explained the same thought: Momo, Kinemon & Law are considered as crews because they “tag along”; they tagged along even longer than Carrot.

lmao what makes you think they would beat your source? They’re not as deranged as you think they are. NGL I’m laughing with your ridiculous reason. Just say that you have baseless source for that, and you’re too arrogant to admit you don’t know what you were talking about. It’s the elephant in the room anyway, as everybody knows you’re an arrogant nobody who tries so hard to be somebody.

With your logic of comprehension like that, everybody else here has explained the same thought: Momo, Kinemon & Law are considered as crews because they “tag along”; they tagged along even longer than Carrot.
1 - When your first reflexe when someone tells you that they heard that you were toxic is to ask for the source.. it generally doesn't mean that you have good intentions.

2 - Technically Momo, Kinemon & Law were crewmates. That's why I'm always adding the "active" in front of crewmate ("Active" as in being "active" for the crew). For the first time in One Piece, Oda transformed two characters into "Active" crewmate : Pedro and Carrot.

1 - When your first reflexe when someone tells you that they heard that you were toxic is to ask for the source.. it generally doesn't mean that you have good intentions.

2 - Technically Momo, Kinemon & Law were crewmates. That's why I'm always adding the "active" in front of crewmate ("Active" as in being "active" for the crew). For the first time in One Piece, Oda transformed two characters into "Active" crewmate : Pedro and Carrot.
Wtf is an active crewmate? You mean companion?

Because those things have nothing to do with what she wants to do after freeing Wano.
It has to do with what she represents as a character. What a character thinks they want is superseded by what they actually need. And we'll know what they need upon understanding the character's core. Of which Yamao's appears to be her love of Wano vs her oni blood.
Kaido brought up her df and she quickly dismissed him trying to keep her in Wano to be some guardian. She's made it clear since introduction that her main desire is to live on the seas as free as Oden did.
Not the case. She rejected the notion that she'll run Kaido's slave camps for him and continue to persecute the people of Wano on his behalf. She then immediately talked about how she will protect and free them from Kaido, instead of for him.

And the primary reason she admires Oden isn't because he went on adventures. It's because he protected Wano and was someone loved by everyone. That's why she claimed she was Oden before she even heard a single word about his adventures.
Both of her flashbacks highlight her wanting to go on adventures along with showing her excitement about the outside world.
Her main flashback actually highlighted her love of Wano, its people, and her desire to one day become a warrior citizen too. It was entirely focused around her trying to distance herself from Kaido and pretend to be Oden so that she'd be accepted by the people of Wano. As for the Ace flashback, it's just Tama's rehashed.
Also Oda goes out of his way to value a person's passion over any duty, responsibility or whatever that chains them from it.
Oda also goes out of his way to provide very good reason for characters to leave. In doing so, it's always portrayed as something that's also for the greater good too. Not merely selfish demands. Besides, there are numerous examples of characters choosing their duty over their wishes and being totally happy with that. Oden's own journal details the unspeakable tragedy that befell Wano specifically as a result of abandoning his duty. And in his case, he had an extremely important reason for doing so. Yamao merely wants to roleplay and sightsee.
Not to mention that Wano throws the guardian deity title around for anyone actively protecting the land:
Right...and yet Yamao is the only one out of all of them to officially have the guardian of wano devil fruit. An immutable characteristic. We're not talking about some passing resemblance like "ah...Luffy looks kinda like that guardian statue thing in this particular form of his many transformations". I mean that her fruit is literally designed entirely with the purpose of being Wano's guardian. The myth that her mythological zoan originates from is very specifically about how the white wolf became a protector in Japan:
Ancient historic accounts from Japan report this mythical story how the wolf deity, a white wolf (白狼, shirōkami), in times of need suddenly appeared to Yamato Takeru, son of Emperor Keikko (around AD100). Takeru got lost on a road near Mitakesan (御嶽山) when a local demon shapeshifted into a white deer (白鹿) and obstructed the road. The white wolf showed him the way and let his army on the right path, "and Takeru commanded the white wolf to stay in Mitakesan as a true god, in order to slay any local demons.
https://ralphhaussler.weebly.com/wolf-mythologie-creation-japan-americas-inuit-egypt.html
It's extremely specific and entirely bound to Wano. In the recent SBS we even found out that her club is named "Takeru" further connecting her to his story. As you said, there are many individuals who've been referred to as guardian deities. Yet Oda went the extra mile and had Yamao be the one to actually become the mythological guardian deity.
Unless you want to say that her devil fruit chains her fate to Wano, which makes no sense for how Oda writes these things.
Her devil fruit does chain her to Wano, but not in the way you think it does. Obviously she's not just gonna say "Whoops. I ate this guardian df. Guess I've gotta be the guardian then". The point is the very fact that Oda gave her such a devil fruit, is an indication that she's a character that's bound to Wano.

It's extremely common in media to give significant characters abilities that in some way relate to who they are. Powers aren't just plucked out of thin air. The fact that Yamao's ability is inherently Wano bound, therefore suggests the same about her character, since we can see the obvious reason behind her having such a devil fruit. In fact, before we even knew what her fruit was, I was predicting what it would be on the very basis that it would be some sort of Japanese guardian figure. I was wrong on what specific guardian it was, but my reasoning was spot on, with Oda ultimately choosing something far more specific than even I had in mind. Her fruit isn't some minor inconvenience to just brush to the side...it's literally who she is as a character.

Last edited:

1. with your logic like that, no wonder you easily get insulted. You think everybody else is negative, the only positive one is you and those who agrees with you.

2. And care to elaborate on which panel that Oda explicitly gave the new status of “transformation” about “active” crew mates, which you refer to Pedro & Carrot?

1. with your logic like that, no wonder you easily get insulted. You think everybody else is negative, the only positive one is you and those who agrees with you.
Nah, I'm just being careful

2. And care to elaborate on which panel that Oda explicitly gave the new status of “transformation” about “active” crew mates, which you refer to Pedro & Carrot?
I'm sorry, this was more of a phrasing thing. Pedro has been an active crewmate the moment he jumped on the look out post and Carrot was one the moment she asked Pedro to switch

Wtf is an active crewmate? You mean companion?
An active crewmate is a crewmate who takes part to the life of the crew. In other word, it's someone who works actively with the crew. Law, Momo and Vivi were "non active" crewmate, Carrot and Pedro were "Active" crewmates.

An active crewmate is a crewmate who takes part to the life of the crew. In other word, it's someone who works actively with the crew. Law, Momo and Vivi were "non active" crewmate, Carrot and Pedro were "Active" crewmates.
Dude, you’re either a straw hat or you’re not. There is no in between.

Is this “active/non active” definition something Oda has mentioned or is this something you‘ve made up?

Everybody you’ve listed are just traveling companions, no more prominent than Coby or Johnny & Yosaku.

It has to do with what she represents as a character. What a character thinks they want is superseded by what they actually need. And we'll know what they need upon understanding the character's core. Of which Yamao's appears to be her love of Wano vs her oni blood.

Not the case. She rejected the notion that she'll run Kaido's slave camps for him and continue to persecute the people of Wano on his behalf. She then immediately talked about how she will protect and free them from Kaido, instead of for him.

And the primary reason she admires Oden isn't because he went on adventures. It's because he protected Wano and was someone loved by everyone. That's why she claimed she was Oden before she even heard a single word about his adventures.

Her main flashback actually highlighted her love of Wano, its people, and her desire to one day become a warrior citizen too. It was entirely focused around her trying to distance herself from Kaido and pretend to be Oden so that she'd be accepted by the people of Wano. As for the Ace flashback, it's just Tama's rehashed.

Oda also goes out of his way to provide very good reason for characters to leave. In doing so, it's always portrayed as something that's also for the greater good too. Not merely selfish demands. Besides, there are numerous examples of characters choosing their duty over their wishes and being totally happy with that. Oden's own journal details the unspeakable tragedy that befell Wano specifically as a result of abandoning his duty. And in his case, he had an extremely important reason for doing so. Yamao merely wants to roleplay and sightsee.

Right...and yet Yamao is the only one out of all of them to officially have the guardian of wano devil fruit. An immutable characteristic. We're not talking about some passing resemblance like "ah...Luffy looks kinda like that guardian statue thing in this particular form of his many transformations". I mean that her fruit is literally designed entirely with the purpose of being Wano's guardian. The myth that her mythological zoan originates from is very specifically about how the white wolf became a protector in Japan:

https://ralphhaussler.weebly.com/wolf-mythologie-creation-japan-americas-inuit-egypt.html
It's extremely specific and entirely bound to Wano. In the recent SBS we even found out that her club is named "Takeru" further connecting her to his story. As you said, there are many individuals who've been referred to as guardian deities. Yet Oda went the extra mile and had Yamao be the one to actually become the mythological guardian deity.

Her devil fruit does chain her to Wano, but not in the way you think it does. Obviously she's not just gonna say "Whoops. I ate this guardian df. Guess I've gotta be the guardian then". The point is the very fact that Oda gave her such a devil fruit, is an indication that she's a character that's bound to Wano.

It's extremely common in media to give significant characters abilities that in some way relate to who they are. Powers aren't just plucked out of thin air. The fact that Yamao's ability is inherently Wano bound, therefore suggests the same about her character, since we can see the obvious reason behind her having such a devil fruit. In fact, before we even knew what her fruit was, I was predicting what it would be on the very basis that it would be some sort of Japanese guardian figure. I was wrong on what specific guardian it was, but my reasoning was spot on, with Oda ultimately choosing something far more specific than even I had in mind. Her fruit isn't some minor inconvenience to just brush to the side...it's literally who she is as a character.
So why exactly are you ignoring my points about her passion about the outside world and that Oda made her say she wants to leave with Luffy despite meeting with Momo and knowing his importance? Please address my whole post.

Also no, both flashbacks highlight her desire to leave more than her love of Wano. The Ace part showed her declaring her dream since childhood to go on adventures like Oden did. No matter how close you think it is to Tama's, that doesn't matter since its part of Yamato's story so who cares. The Samurai flashback showed her amazement in reading Oden's journal for the first time to further cement the dream. She tells the samurai she wants to go out to sea and free Wano. No mention of her undying love for Wano or staying to be its stationary protector. She said she wants to be a samurai and guess what, Oden is also a samurai that got to travel the seas.

I hope you don't cherry pick the samurai part again in this post. Address the points you ignored last time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.