Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you read the chapter 996 you will feel that Law will disband his crew and join the Straw hats
Law and Kid have been portrayed as nothing but rivals of Luffy and the leaders of the next pirate era with him. It doesn't make sense for there to suddenly be a switch on that despite this trio being held since Sabaody.

After this chapter, it's 100% certain Law isn't joining Luffy.

Last edited:
Law and Kid have been portrayed as nothing but rivals of Luffy and the leaders of the next pirate era with him. It doesn't make sense for there to suddenly be a switch on that despite this trio being held since Sabaody.

Ace disbanded his crew and join his target The WhiteBeard before, so it's not unlikely to happen again and Law join Luffy cause he respect him

Last edited:
Ace disbanded his crew and join his target The WhiteBeard before
Ace and Whitebeard weren't rivals or part of a trio of equal importance. Also, Ace assimilated his crew into Whitebeard's since just like Law, he loves them and they had nowhere to go otherwise.
it's not unlikely to happen again and Law join Luffy cause he respect him
Kid respects Luffy too and has the same tsundere attitude about taking orders as Law does with him. Regardless of that, it should be clear from portrayal alone that those two are meant to be shoulder to shoulder with Luffy, not one in particular going under his flag.

I'm not feeling Yamato, you guys.
Why
Post automatically merged:

Law will be the new emperor of the sea, along Luffy and Kidd. No way he's joining his crew
Post automatically merged:

I believe that Pudding will join the crew... and I have a theory about it
Kidd being an emperor of the sea is so cringe. I hope he gets killed by a wooden staff

I wouldn’t say 100% certain, at the end of the day Luffy decides if he wants to keep Law around or not

he already said it in dressrosa, the alliance is over when he says it is

I wouldn’t say 100% certain, at the end of the day Luffy decides if he wants to keep Law around or not

he already said it in dressrosa, the alliance is over when he says it is
Unless Luffy decides to bring him against his will and chain him on the ship, it's not happening. The narrative has them as equals and this chapter cemented that for any doubters. There's a 0% possibility Law decides to join Luffy despite all the buildup for him being a leader alongside him.

Unless Luffy decides to bring him against his will and chain him on the ship, it's not happening. The narrative has them as equals and this chapter cemented that for any doubters. There's a 0% possibility Law decides to join Luffy despite all the buildup for him being a leader alongside him.
Oden literally joined WB’s crew despite being first portrayed as a near equal, it was also made clear his status compared to the rest was different (Oden was called brother and not a son)

Law hopping on the ship with Luffy would not make him look like a cheerleader, specially after last chapter. It would instead make the SHs extremely dangerous in the eyes of the WG

There’s also nothing stopping Law from keeping his petty attitude

“don’t order me around”

“I’m not part of your crew”

he could play the role of outsider/straight man he’s so well accustomed to

Oden literally joined WB’s crew despite being first portrayed as a near equal, it was also made clear his status compared to the rest was different (Oden was called brother and not a son)
Whitebeard was 30+ years older than everyone on his crew so them being called sons made sense. Oden was the only one close to his age.
Law hopping on the ship with Luffy would not make him look like a cheerleader, specially after last chapter. It would instead make the SHs extremely dangerous in the eyes of the WG
I never said he'd look bad if he did join. It just goes against the idea of him leading the next pirate era, which is the narrative of the nova trio.

There's nothing wrong with hoping for L4N, but let's not pretend it doesn't contradict Law's portrayal alongside Luffy and Kid.

Whitebeard was 30+ years older than everyone on his crew so them being called sons made sense. Oden was the only one close to his age.
He was still a lot older than Oden. It was a clear sign of respect.

I never said he'd look bad if he did join. It just goes against the idea of him leading the next pirate era, which is the narrative of the nova trio.
Does it really? the Rocks pirates were all part of the same crew at some point and all became leaders of the next generation. Law joining will likely be temporary anyways as he and luffy both have a chance of dying at EOS

There's nothing wrong with hoping for L4N, but let's not pretend it doesn't contradict Law's portrayal alongside Luffy and Kid.
Oden was portrayed to be of similar stature to WB and Roger, Law will just follow that. There's already some similarities between Law and Oden

I don't think Law will join, but I don't think it would be that much of a stretch if Oda decided to have him join. Luffy seems to consider their alliance as Law being part of his crew, and has called him nakama already. He isn't interested in becoming Pirate King since he ultimately only cared about killing Doflamingo with the understanding that he would likely die in the process. Instead, he got a new dream inspired by Corazon to understand the Will of D., the answer to which is on Laugh Tale and requires Robin which I think is the biggest argument in Law's favor of joining.

He was still a lot older than Oden. It was a clear sign of respect.
So he didn't respect Marco, Vista, and the other veteran members? Whitebeard was calling them son even at Marineford. You're also exaggerating the age gap between Oden and WB. They were 7 years apart. He was nowhere near the age to claim to be Oden's father.
Does it really? the Rocks pirates were all part of the same crew at some point and all became leaders of the next generation. Law joining will likely be temporary anyways as he and luffy both have a chance of dying at EOS
Rocks had no one in his crew that was leading that era with him or portrayed equally to him. If you want a better use of this comparison, it'd be like if Garp or Roger joined Rocks.
Oden was portrayed to be of similar stature to WB and Roger, Law will just follow that. There's already some similarities between Law and Oden
Along with Oden never being shown on the level of WB and Roger, Yamato is the next Oden. That really shouldn't be a debate at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.