Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If true those are not foreshadowing, they are simple hints.

The problem here is that the argument is only based on Oda giving us hint. But in reality, there is no way to be sure that those hints are linked to Yamato. In fact those are more reach that anythings.

Nothing here is a narrative evidences, it's therefore irrelevant.
Oh yes it is foreshadowing, you just can’t see it.
but we can don’t worry 😉

Hmmm, But Yamato did get foreshadowing more than carrot only the Minks tribe was foreshadowed not her alone like how was Yamato If we being honest here.
Yamato had only one shadowing: The panel were Kaido ask for his son. Nothing more.

Oh yes it is foreshadowing, you just can’t see it.
No it's not. And this is not up for debate. This is just not what a foreshadowing is. Those are hint (at best, if those are intended by Oda).

Most of the fan base don't know what a foreshadowing really is. But don't worry I have an article about "plantings" on my blog HERE.

(careful tho, this is the most technical article on my blog. I dive deep in this one into storytelling)

what I stated is the fact

yours is just a wrong take

try to understand what I said and you'll see I m not the wrong one here
I understood your take, I just don't agree with it. And the story proved to us that once their is complete trust, their is no worry. Worry only arrive the moment they are informed of Luffy's situation. Like Chopper on Alabasta or Nami in the last chapter. In those situation worry becomes a neightboor of trust, but it only comes once they are informed of a bad news.

No it's not. And this is not up for debate. This is just not what a foreshadowing is. Those are hint (at best, if those are intended by Oda).

Most of the fan base don't know what a foreshadowing really is. But don't worry I have an article about "plantings" on my blog HERE.

(careful tho, this is the most technical article on my blog. I dive deep in this one into storytelling)
Yes it is foreshadowing. Just because you have a blog and post stuff there doesn’t mean it’s true. A study is not conducted by one person but by multiple people and approved. You can not assume that you are the only one who understands something. That is incredibly arrogant of you. Your hubris surprises me again and again. I’m not a writer or an artist. That doesn’t mean that I don’t understand it. I’ve been reading since I’m 7 years old mangas, books and scientific researches. I read 15-20 books every year not including mangas. I think I know a fair share about writing, hints and foreshadowing.

Also, was at Oden's execution that's foreshadowing where is carrot foreshadowing?
Not a foreshadowing. It was a hint and at the very best a little shadowing.

Yes it is foreshadowing.
No it's not. And you will have to believe me on this. You obviously doesn't have enough knowledge on the subject to know what a foreshadowing is and what is not a forshadowing. So listen to those who know.

Like I said, go read that article. You will undestand what a foreshadowing is and what a foreshadowing is not.

The fanbase has a very poor understanding of foreshadowing, confusing most of the time, Hints, Shadowings, selfmade clews and foreshadowing. Don't listen to it.

A study is not conducted by one person but by multiple people and approved
That's called peer review and it only work with science.

I’m not a writer or an artist. That doesn’t mean that I don’t understand it.
You don't. Not in that instance at least. This is not an attack, just a statement. If you want to know what a foreshadowing is. Go read that article. It's very accurate on the subject from a storytelling standpoint.

AL sama

Red Haired
I understood your take, I just don't agree with it. And the story proved to us that once their is complete trust, their is no worry. Worry only arrive the moment they are informed of Luffy's situation. Like Chopper on Alabasta or Nami in the last chapter. In those situation worry becomes a neightboor of trust, but it only comes once they are informed of a bad news.
you not agreeing with me and you saying your takes are facts

both of these statements have totally different meanings

if you said you don't agree with me in the first place then I wouldn't have bothered calling you out for it

Not a foreshadowing. It was a hint and at the very best a little shadowing.

No it's not. And you will have to believe me on this. You obviously doesn't have enough knowledge on the subject to know what a foreshadowing is and what is not a forshadowing. So listen to those who know.

Like I said, go read that article. You will undestand what a foreshadowing is and what a foreshadowing is not.

The fanbase has a very poor understanding of foreshadowing, confusing most of the time, Hints, Shadowings, selfmade clews and foreshadowing. Don't listen to it.

That's called peer review and it only work with science.

You don't. Not in that instance at least. This is not an attack, just a statement. If you want to know what a foreshadowing is. Go read that article. It's very accurate on the subject from a storytelling standpoint.
If I want to know what foreshadowing is(which I already do) I will certainly not read your article. There are better articles written by better qualified people. And as I said when wano is over and Yamato has joined and Carrot hasn’t. You will have to look for a new career, as this one isn’t the right one for you. But don’t worry to much. Just send me your CV I will advise you on your career. It’s what I do for a living. For a fellow One Piece fan I’ll do it for free.

you not agreeing with me and you saying your takes are facts

both of these statements have totally different meanings

if you said you don't agree with me in the first place then I wouldn't have bothered calling you out for it
I don't agree with you BECAUSE what you said is not factual. There is no proof of Worry in the strawhats mind when the full trust is present. This is because Oda wants us to understand that trust negates worries. This is the pinnacle of trust. Of course, once their is a missinformation thrown at them, only then they start to worry. But Oda is clear to make a big difference between the two.

If I want to know what foreshadowing is(which I already do) I will certainly not read your article.
You sound like a antivaxer not wanting to listen to science because he doesn't trust the man who is making it. Those are not foreshadowing, wether you like it or not. This is a narrative truth. Now you can either keep missunderstand what a foreshadowing really is and spread the missinformation like a good one piece theorist..

Or you can start to trust me and read the article. It's one of my most detailed article and reserched one so don't worry, it's on point.

No one knew that kaido have a daughter there wasn't a theory out about kaido having a son so it was shocking when that chapter came out
Yup, that's because Oda made the mistake of not foreshadow yamato before Wano. When he should have done that to make Yamato less "forced" in the story.

The lack of foreshadowing for the presence of Yamato is the main reason why people feel like she is forced into the narrative.

Yup, that's because Oda made the mistake of not foreshadow yamato before Wano. When he should have done that to make Yamato less "forced" in the story.

The lack of foreshadowing for the presence of Yamato is the main reason why people feel like she is forced into the narrative.
How would she been show before when we don't even get to onigashima? She wasn't forced in the story it just because she was trapped on onigashima.
Carrot was forced after WCI it's like she was the “YAY" character

You sound like a antivaxer not wanting to listen to science because he doesn't trust the man who is making it. Those are not foreshadowing, wether you like it or not. This is a narrative truth. Now you can either keep missunderstand what a foreshadowing really is and spread the missinformation like a good one piece theorist..

Or you can start to trust me and read the article. It's one of my most detailed article and reserched one so don't worry, it's on point.
No can do. I can’t just trust you. Questioning things is nature of science. Nobody in science just trusts blindly. That’s not how it works. And I don’t sound like an antivaxer you do. I have my own mind and can do my own thinking, but you want me to just trust you. Publish your work and then I read it. Oh wait no one wants to publish that crap, that’s why you have to do it online.

No it's not. And this is not up for debate
You are right this one time, its not for debate. Why? Because everything else you are wrong. You have a long way in front of you, if you want to analyze the story as good as some people here.

No it's not. And you will have to believe me on this.
Why should he believe you? As always you are wrong. Its the other way around. YOU have to believe HIM!

You will soon realize you can learn a lot from the people here.

No. That's a fact. Having trust make them not worry. They always have this sentiment in the back of their head, but it never comes out until they are faced with missinformation.

That's the whole point of the concept of trust behind the strawhat. Oda makes a point in hammering that if the trust in strong enough, then any worry disappear. This is the whole point of they relationship!

This is not the role of Carrot to drive the story forward right now. CArrot only needs to be a witness.

I love how people here confuse "mental gymnastic" and "strong analysis"

:sanmoji:
No. That's just your opinion.
If watching for the dawn is such a big deal Pedro just should have lived. Besides Yamato can do that instead, she's just superior in every way.
Post automatically merged:

It's not really about Carrot. Carrot is a nice character but it's not about that. What I care about is all the craft behind the CarrotForNakama theory.

I care about the narrative challenge.
You picked the wrong horse.

How would she been show before when we don't even get to onigashima? She wasn't forced in the story it just because she was trapped on onigashima.
Simple. In chapter 824 at the very end of the chapter.

If Oda mentionned the name Yamato or even.. if Oda would have shown her in the shadow.. This would have raise huge question and prepared Yamato more skillfully.

Oda is used to do that (he did that with Pudding in Fishmen Island) the thing is.. Yamato was a late introduction with only one little foreshadowing just before her introduction. It was not enough. That's why I think Yamato was a very late addition to the story from Oda.

No

No can do. I can’t just trust you
The problem is that you don't trust me only because you and your buddy don't like Carrot and the fact that I defend her recruitment so much.

THis is not rationnal.

In science. We trust fact. And to know facts, we need to read what the other say before having a judment.

You sound exactly like someone who don't trust science. Why ? Because it would be coming back on your a prioris and bias. It would meant to rethink what you already know as true. And here I've come to understand that this is a very difficult things for you guyz.

On my hand.. I don't mind being proved wrong. I've alraedy said here that some of your reasonning were correct and changed my point of view in relation.. but you guyz are not ready for that.

So I'll just say that:

My blog will stay there even after I'm gone. If you want to know what a foreshadowing is and in fact if you want to have the best description on the internet (I've done my research and this is not a well understood subject).. well.. go read that article, you will have a good base to really understandhow plantings are created and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.