Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The conversation in the previous page about Yamato not having a sad backstory is both ignorant to moral behaviour and pessimistic to what we've yet to see.

For one, we haven't seen her full flashback yet, so we shouldn't act like we have. Secondly, as far as I'm aware, child abuse is sad. Besides, there shouldn't be a benchmark to how depressing or miserable one's past should be, at least in the way it was hinted to in the thread, regardless of the validity of subjectivity. The standard of past for a strawhat is mildly consistent at best, and any character can be impactful in their unique way.

Anyway, after the latest chapter I can definitely see Yamato joining. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind at all :3

F

Fallen Prince

Have stated my view big NO

She basically asked to join SH because Oden did it earlier after reading his log book . Seriously ?

Is this the character you want ? It would just sink all the development of other shp who took time in almost an arc dedicated to them .

Yamato basically has no development that can feel she belongs to strawhat , it s more like forced development to me just because hurr durr we want strong ladies .

Remember when Jinbei sacrificed his time for straw hats and donates his blood to save luffy . There i understood he deserved the spot thats the kind of example i want or i just dont see anypoint having her in crew .

F

Fallen Prince

Being constantly beaten as a child is far worse than having your mother die. Everyone has their mother die at some point. Yamato at least has Ussop beat for tragic backstory and we haven't even seen her flashback.

As it was said before, now that she has asked to join the crew, you have to try harder to argue against her than for her.

We have to look in context of the story Yamto's roleplays as oden because she reads about adventure beyond the sea . Given Kaido treated her like pampered princess who imprisons her freedom naturally its true she decides to sail with a person she never met .

We dont know why Ace actually refused to take her , but i strongly feel Luffy will have similar reason if the backstory about her pops in .

I do think she will be grandfleet allie not a crew member sadly . She just popped in out of nowhere almost every other crew member got spotlight and their own arc . Yamato feels like cameo and i think she will not gain much prominence if she joins now .

Every member of Straw hat has an unique role in ship so its question what is the endgame for yamato with strawhat ? Oden had ambitions because he wanted truth about wano so it makes sense so whats the deal with her . As a critical reader i dont vision her in the crew and considering she is kaido's daughter might cause tensions rather than unity .

F

Fallen Prince

For now i'm imagine Yamato get child abuse like Garp did to Luffy. But for the handcuffs is exception because he really want Yamato not to leave Onigashima.
Kaido is caring father , he thinks world outside is bad place for her !

Imagine the life of daughter whose father is gangster thats the thing , Gangster dad's are overbearing and protective .

The relation is bit odd if he was abusive i agree its something like Garp would agree . Its Fist of love gentleman !

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer

Imagine the life of daughter whose father is gangster thats the thing , Gangster dad's are overbearing and protective .

The relation is bit odd if he was abusive i agree its something like Garp would agree . Its Fist of love gentleman !
Depending on how Oda explaining to us why Kaido call Yamato a "son" when he know Yamato is a female.
If he want a male children, and he forced to call her daughter as a "son", then he is a bad father.

But, if he respect Yamato's decision to be a man like oden and he called her as a "son", then he is a "good" father.

F

Fallen Prince

Depending on how Oda explaining to us why Kaido call Yamato a "son" when he know Yamato is a female.
If he want a male children, and he forced to call her daughter as a "son", then he is a bad father.

But, if he respect Yamato's decision to be a man like oden and he called her as a "son", then he is a "good" father.
Overall i am beginning to understand natural of relationship and why he found momonusuke disappointing back then ?

For now i'm imagine Yamato get child abuse like Garp did to Luffy. But for the handcuffs is exception because he really want Yamato not to leave Onigashima.

What could possibly be making you think Kaido is benevolent? You do realize he's the bad guy right?

New kingdom with a tyrannical authority and so a new princess.

We had Vivi for Alabasta
Shirahoshi for FMI
Viola and Rebecca for Dressrosa
Pudding for WCI
Hiyori for Wano

And now, Yamato as the princess of Onigashima. Complete with "Nami face" to boot.

By Kfunk
There's Nami face, and then there's Nami's face.

This is probably the clearest indication that it's very unlikely she'll be joining the crew for obvious reasons. Makes no sense to design two main characters that would frequently be interacting around one another to look so similar.

Not only that, but Yamato's entire character is centred around ignorance. Yamato does everything she does because she wants to be Oden, believing there to be no one left to inherit his will. She is just about to find out that Momo, the son of the actual Kozuki Oden is still alive and that his scabbards are there too, inheriting Oden's will and planning to open up the country. It would be reasonable to expect a change in her character since the reason she "became" Oden is because she believed there to be literally no one else who could. But it turns out that there are tons and tons of others that are in the exact same situation as her.

The blatant next nakama teasing however, in addition to the postponed banquet only makes it all the more likely that we truly are getting another nakama by the end of this arc.

And out of all of the candidates Yamato's the only one in which the groundwork simply hasn't been laid for her to join at all. Regardless of what happens, I won't see her as anything more than a red herring at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.