Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last two chapters once again reinforced the similarities and that Luffy and Zoro both inherited Oden's will. Zoro specifically has a much stronger claim to his will than Yamao does, as he's the one that was officially bestowed Oden's katana, (where the will of the samurai resides).

So reviewing things again, Robin already covers Oden's job on Roger's crew with the ponegliffs. Zoro has Oden's sword and is taking up his battle. And Luffy also has his strength and Oden's ideals of freedom and adventuring.

The traits of Oden are already completely covered within the crew, and by people that have far more of a claim to these things than Yamao ever could. There has never been any case before where straw hats have had more of a connection to another straw hat's mentor figure than that straw hat themself. And for obvious reason too.

There's a very stark contrast between Yamao running around beclowning herself, telling everyone to call her Oden as she role plays him, and then looking at Zoro and Luffy, who are their own people, doing their own things, but just so happen to parallel the same aspirations, ideals and will that Oden himself possessed.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I didn’t think about this until just now - when Yamato ran into Franky, she knew exactly who he was on sight. This tells me she’s studied Luffy’s crew or learned as much as she could after meeting Ace; when she joins, this should serve as a nice launching pad for the way she interacts with everybody, even if they don’t know anything about her other than the connection to Kaido. She seems a little wacky, so I think she’ll fall right in with the antics of Luffy/Usopp/Chopper/sometimes Brook...it’ll be cool to see one of the women get silly, Nami’s normally just shrill now and Robin is still there (?) :lunazing:

I didn’t think about this until just now - when Yamato ran into Franky, she knew exactly who he was on sight. This tells me she’s studied Luffy’s crew or learned as much as she could after meeting Ace; when she joins, this should serve as a nice launching pad for the way she interacts with everybody, even if they don’t know anything about her past the connection to Kaido. She seems a little wacky, so I think she’ll fall right in with the antics of Luffy/Usopp/Chopper/sometimes Brook...it’ll be cool to see one of the women get silly, Nami’s normally just shrill now and Robin is still there (?) :lunazing:
TBH I thought we already knew that? But yeah Good to reiterate. Totally see Yamato hamming it out with the guys and acting Goofy.

I see, had never heard him calling her that way before. I must of missed it.
Luffy calls Trafalgar, "Tarao", which basically means "Tra-guy"

Luffy basically does the same for Yamato because she proclaims she is Oden, so he makes a joke, once, and calls her Yamao, or Yama-guy.

Thats basically it. She corrects him immediately after

I didn’t think about this until just now - when Yamato ran into Franky, she knew exactly who he was on sight. This tells me she’s studied Luffy’s crew or learned as much as she could after meeting Ace; when she joins, this should serve as a nice launching pad for the way she interacts with everybody, even if they don’t know anything about her other than the connection to Kaido. She seems a little wacky, so I think she’ll fall right in with the antics of Luffy/Usopp/Chopper/sometimes Brook...it’ll be cool to see one of the women get silly, Nami’s normally just shrill now and Robin is still there (?) :lunazing:
Jinbe's a complete opposite of the goofy side of the boys... Yamato's a complete opposite of the serious side of the girls...

Let's say it really is the point of their personality to be distinct... What should we expect from the 11th recruit? An okama?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Jinbe's a complete opposite of the goofy side of the boys... Yamato's a complete opposite of the serious side of the girls...

Let's say it really is the point of their personality to be distinct... What should we expect from the 11th recruit? An okama?
People have been calling for Bon Clay to join for at least a decade, so why not make it official?? :wellwell:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I like Bon as well, but he's imprisoned... How can he join?
Good question...I definitely don’t want another Impel Down arc at this point in the story, but if Sabo’s been imprisoned there instead of “killed” like the news reported, perhaps the two of them can orchestrate a breakout (off panel or in another Reverie interlude) like Luffy and Ivankov did :wonderland:
Post automatically merged:

YaMaTo InHeRiTeD ODeNs WiLL

In the first, Kaido’s just remembering people who whooped his ass or were at least capable of doing so; in the second, Zoro is literally using Oden’s sword. Aside from the fact that neither of these panels do what you think they’re doing, if we pretend that this IS the implication of inheritance, then that means multiple people can justifiably carry someone’s will, meaning Yamato is well within her rights to do so as well :kayneshrug:

Last edited:
Good question...I definitely don’t want another Impel Down arc at this point in the story, but if Sabo’s been imprisoned there instead of “killed” like the news reported, perhaps the two of them can orchestrate a breakout (off panel or in another Reverie interlude) like Luffy and Ivankov did :wonderland:
That would be hax... Imagine the one who made L5.5 being there as well (Morley)... Let's say the likes of Hancock and Buggy are captured as well, and then the likes of Senor or Pica joined the escape team, escape would be silently easy... Hope it won't happen...

Please tell me this is a joke....
Rebecca is a bit better than Tama... It's not a joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.