Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the biggest motivators in regards to whether or not a character joins Luffy is wanting to get a sense of fulfillment, either through dreams, wanting a place to belong, etc. Vivi herself found more fulfillment in helping the people of her country, which is what led to her not going despite she and the Straw Hats wanting her to do so otherwise. In speaking of Carrot and Yamato, after Wano is over, do you think Carrot and Yamato will end up feeling more fulfillment to be had in staying in their respective homes as opposed to going with Luffy?

In speaking of Carrot and Yamato, after Wano is over, do you think Carrot and Yamato will end up feeling more fulfillment to be had in staying in their respective homes as opposed to going with Luffy?
Yes. She yearns for adventure (clearly established in her character & intro) and linked to the Dawn related stuff.

Going with Luffy as nakama is the preferred choice for her interest in the outside world (as opposed to Vivi's like you said).

Although she has connection with Momo, she is still more fit being together with the SH.

Yes. She yearns for adventure (clearly established in her character & intro) and linked to the Dawn related stuff.

Going with Luffy as nakama is the preferred choice for her interest in the outside world (as opposed to Vivi's like you said).

Although she has connection with Momo, she is still more fit being together with the SH.
Momo staying would fulfill Oden’s duty as a shogun and Yamato would go with his adventurous side. It just works

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I think one of the biggest motivators in regards to whether or not a character joins Luffy is wanting to get a sense of fulfillment, either through dreams, wanting a place to belong, etc. Vivi herself found more fulfillment in helping the people of her country, which is what led to her not going despite she and the Straw Hats wanting her to do so otherwise. In speaking of Carrot and Yamato, after Wano is over, do you think Carrot and Yamato will end up feeling more fulfillment to be had in staying in their respective homes as opposed to going with Luffy?
The difference is that Vivi didn’t leave Alabasta to explore the world, it was born out of necessity to fight Crocodile and make him relinquish his stranglehold on her kingdom. Carrot and especially Yamato have absolutely no ties binding them to their land or organization, so yeah, traveling the seas is definitely more fulfilling for either one than it would have been for Vivi.

The difference is that Vivi didn’t leave Alabasta to explore the world, it was born out of necessity to fight Crocodile and make him relinquish his stranglehold on her kingdom. Carrot and especially Yamato have absolutely no ties binding them to their land or organization, so yeah, traveling the seas is definitely more fulfilling for either one than it would have been for Vivi.
Good point, though I imagine that simply “traveling and seeing the world,” might not be interesting enough of a dream for many others. In case she needs a more specific dream, then that might only leave the fulfillment in accomplishing the dream of opening Wano’s borders, though that could be chalked up to her wanting that dream because Oden wanted it, as opposed to wanting it herself, which is probably the most compelling way to go about with dreams to begin with. Then again, with Wano presumably being opened by the end of the current arc, that could still tie in to a potential dream relating to Joy Boy, whom was the person Oden was wanting to open Wano for to begin with. So in light of it being emphasized that Yamato has Oden’s journal, and potentially knows a little more about Joy Boy than we do, then whatever Yamato knows, it may also further help with getting to the final island using necessary that really can’t be gotten anywhere else otherwise. I imagine that some people would want to get further ahead without the journal at all, but we’ll see.

Last edited:
Aye, I do want all the characters in whatever place he has planned for them already 😩

But yeah, more waiting... Sigh
This is why I thought we where not gonna go to the roof for a while. If we already the Yonkous should be beating them up and that set the tone for the rest of the situations involving the strawhats. I think that we have had enough gag chapters. The BP need to show some grit

Fun fact, since Yamao's introduction in chapter 883, as of chapter 1008 she has spent 20 chapters looking after Momo. That's close to 80% of her entire existence as a character has been spent protecting, talking to and bonding with Momo, her future shogun.

And of course, what's especially significant about this relationship is that it's being newly developed. It isn't a Franky/Iceburg or Nami/Nojiko type of relationship. Old friends and family with a history together that straw hats leave behind to join the crew. This is a relationship that is only just beginning and is being developed for a specific purpose.

The type of development Jinbe and Luffy got together is the exact same nature as what Yamao and Momo are getting together, which comes as absolutely no surprise since Yamao's end is becoming Momo's guardian/retainer, not a straw hat.

Fun fact, since Yamao's introduction in chapter 883, as of chapter 1008 she has spent 20 chapters looking after Momo. That's close to 80% of her entire existence as a character has been spent protecting, talking to and bonding with Momo, her future shogun.

And of course, what's especially significant about this relationship is that it's being newly developed. It isn't a Franky/Iceburg or Nami/Nojiko type of relationship. Old friends and family with a history together that straw hats leave behind to join the crew. This is a relationship that is only just beginning and is being developed for a specific purpose.

The type of development Jinbe and Luffy got together is the exact same nature as what Yamao and Momo are getting together, which comes as absolutely no surprise since Yamao's end is becoming Momo's guardian/retainer, not a straw hat.

And the only reason Why she's doing so, is because she's following Luffy's order. Stop cappin like a fool.

Even if i'm disappointed about Yamato babysitting Momo. She is worried about Luffy and thats is a good sign of their relationship with his future captain. By that i dont understand why some people downplaying her and say she is relegated, the chapter is obiusly a foreshadowing of her future battle with Kaido.

I dont understand that haterism, if she fights and defeat everyone some people say she is too strong to be Strawhat, but if she only fight with Kaido these people says she is too relegated to be a strawhat. Seriously, what do you want ?

Even if i'm disappointed about Yamato babysitting Momo. She is worried about Luffy and thats is a good sign of their relationship with his future captain. By that i dont understand why some people downplaying her and say she is relegated, the chapter is obiusly a foreshadowing of her future battle with Kaido.

I dont understand that haterism, if she fights and defeat everyone some people say she is too strong to be Strawhat, but if she only fight with Kaido these people says she is too relegated to be a strawhat. Seriously, what do you want ?
Well some just supports one character so much that they have tunnel vision and refuse to acknowledge that other characters have been given more priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.