Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
She isn't depicted as having Luffy's double height..

We have two good panels that clearly shown her be smaller than 2 Luffys and if you compare to a Doflamingo panel with Luffy she is also smaller than Doffy,who is 3,05.

It was just a brainfart From Oda that passed his editors .
Fair enough.

H

Haoshoku

Haven’t really cared about this like that since 2018ish but its looking like we could legit get the final 10th member when this arc is over. Tho I’m going to be honest after taking a closer look Carrot’s chances right now are about equal to a half court heave with two seconds on the clock:

She has faded into irrelevancy as of late if she wasn’t already drowning in it for most of the arc. Pre Wano I was of the opinion that Carrot playing a significant role in an arc that was at the time already looking very crowded was unlikely. After 100+ chapters that has mostly been the case, and outside of the off paneled fight with Persospero she’s been looming in the background. With absolutely no significant on panel development that has been dedicated towards setting her up as the next nakama whatsoever. The expectation was that Carrot would get her moments and that’s still the case to this day. But the clock has continued to tick. It could happen, but we’re well over 100+ chapters into the arc and Carrot has been MIA for a good while now.

Similarly inline with that is another issue. Carrot has lacked and continues to lack one vital component that Yamato has had off the jump; a meaningful connection to Luffy. See while Yamato is a certainly a questionable candidate on other fronts one thing she hasn’t lacked is having an actual relationship with the main character. That’s something every other Straw Hat has had before they joined and something a Straw Hat-to-be cannot lack. Carrot simply hasn’t had that and like I said she’s not exactly playing a role that would facilitate a meaningful connection with Luffy to begin with. So with how things been going, next time we see Carrot (whenever that is) Oda would have to start rolling the ball rather quickly towards such a direction because without it I don’t see how Carrot joining is remotely feasible.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Haven’t really cared about this like that since 2018ish but its looking like we could legit get the final 10th member when this arc is over. Tho I’m going to be honest after taking a closer look Carrot’s chances right now are about equal to a half court heave with two seconds on the clock:

She has faded into irrelevancy as of late if she wasn’t already drowning in it for most of the arc. Pre Wano I was of the opinion that Carrot playing a significant role in an arc that was at the time already looking very crowded was unlikely. After 100+ chapters that has mostly been the case, and outside of the off paneled fight with Persospero she’s been looming in the background. With absolutely no significant on panel development that has been dedicated towards setting her up as the next nakama whatsoever. The expectation was that Carrot would get her moments and that’s still the case to this day. But the clock has continued to tick. It could happen, but we’re well over 100+ chapters into the arc and Carrot has been MIA for a good while now.

Similarly inline with that is another issue. Carrot has lacked and continues to lack one vital component that Yamato has had off the jump; a meaningful connection to Luffy. See while Yamato is a certainly a questionable candidate on other fronts one thing she hasn’t lacked is having an actual relationship with the main character. That’s something every other Straw Hat has had before they joined and something a Straw Hat-to-be cannot lack. Carrot simply hasn’t had that and like I said she’s not exactly playing a role that would facilitate a meaningful connection with Luffy to begin with. So with how things been going, next time we see Carrot (whenever that is) Oda would have to start rolling the ball rather quickly towards such a direction because without it I don’t see how Carrot joining is remotely feasible.
Why, how is Yamato lacking as a potential nakama?

but she bites Luffy's ears!

This came from the latest OP volume, some saying it could hint at least two more members.

It doesn’t really meant much since we could get just one final member and Oda may call it a day. Thoughts?
monet would have been a perfect trio with nami and robin
yamato or carrot they really don't make any trio with nami & robin

___
jinbe zoro chooper they have something similar
same with brook sanji , ussop franky
the only suitable to complete those 2
is ceasar with ussop franky too perfect
kinemon with brook and sanji
or pedro
__
for the girls here is no one .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
monet would have been a perfect trio with nami and robin
yamato or carrot they really don't make any trio with nami & robin

___
jinbe zoro chooper they have something similar
same with brook sanji , ussop franky
the only suitable to complete those 2
is ceasar with ussop franky too perfect
kinemon with brook and sanji
or pedro
__
for the girls here is no one .
What's wrong with Yamato?

Just had a thought that another sign of a possible recruit is Luffy helping the recruit out from being stuck and giving them freedom:

Untying Zoro from his ropes.

Getting Nami out of Arlong’s corrupt money deal and torment.

Helping Usopp break through his fears.

Helping Sanji realize he doesn’t need to stay with Zeff to help him out even though he saved his life.

Convincing Chopper he doesn’t need to hide himself away on a winter island from people who might get scared of him being a blue nose reindeer monster.

Carrying Robin out from being trapped and buried in the Alabasta tomb.

Helping Franky realize he doesn’t need to stay on Water 7 fighting criminals and atoning for his actions for Tom’s sake.

Getting Brook his shadow back so that he doesn’t stay trapped in the darkness.

Breaking Jinbe out of prison.

And I suppose Luffy removing Yamato’s handcuffs could fall into this idea as well. Not sure about Carrot.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Just had a thought that another sign of a possible recruit is Luffy helping the recruit out from being stuck and giving them freedom:

Untying Zoro from his ropes.

Getting Nami out of Arlong’s corrupt money deal and torment.

Helping Usopp break through his fears.

Helping Sanji realize he doesn’t need to stay with Zeff to help him out even though he saved his life.

Convincing Chopper he doesn’t need to hide himself away on a winter island from people who might get scared of him being a blue nose reindeer monster.

Carrying Robin out from being trapped and buried in the Alabasta tomb.

Helping Franky realize he doesn’t need to stay on Water 7 fighting criminals and atoning for his actions for Tom’s sake.

Getting Brook his shadow back so that he doesn’t stay trapped in the darkness.

Breaking Jinbe out of prison.

And I suppose Luffy removing Yamato’s handcuffs could fall into this idea as well. Not sure about Carrot.
We can stop pretending like Carrot has a case that's even a quarter as compelling as Yamato's.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
It’s the big deciding moment...

... to be mostly off-screened for about half a year while the fights against the Flying Six and Calamities are dealt with.

But yeah, Yamato vs Kaido, with Luffy coming in later, will be where she’s either made a very clear Strawhat, or just an important ally.
Can you describe scenarios that would confirm her as a Strawhat vs as an important ally?

I ask because I think Law had the most next nakama esque development possible with Luffy vs Doflamingo, and he's remained "an important ally" instead of an official crew member.

Status
Not open for further replies.