Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamao's forced because she's a character introduced out of nowhere in the final stages of a 6 year long saga that's demanding to join the crew, despite not knowing any of them.

Brook and Franky got arcs full of development with the straw hats and had tons of interactions with them that it only felt natural for them to join afterwards. Yamao has all of that development and shared panel time, but instead of it being shared with the straw hats, it's shared with Momo.

If every random Tom, Dick and Harry that was interested in the straw hats got to join the crew then they would've picked up their lot during their return to Sabaody.
You could say the same about Carrot. She's been introduced since more than 2 and a half arcs ago, yet she has yet to interact with every member of the straw hats.

Yamato despite never meeting in person every member of the straw hats yet, can already recognize them from a glance and has taken a special interest in them, like when she recognized Franky. So saying that Yamato doesn't know any of the straw hats is false. Between who knows more about the Straw hat crew, Yamato is definitely ahead of Carrot in this regard. And like @Garp the Fist already said, Yamato also personally knows Ace, she understands Luffy's pain and loss just like every other straw hat. Carrot doesn't.

You call Yamato forced because she's introduced too late into the arc, when Carrot was forced onto the Sunny literally one chapter AFTER Zou when she snuck on the ship.

You cite the lack of interactions of Yamato with the straw hats on Wano, but that's happening right now. It's going to increase more as the chapters go by, and will be completed by the end of the arc. In comparison, Carrot is the one actually lacking here for a potential Straw Hat- despite 2 and a half arcs, she still hasn't properly interacted with every straw hat yet. It's the longest record that Carrot has managed to break after Sanji first properly interacting with Zoro in Arlong Park when they first met in the Baratie Arc. She clashed with Zoro and they never talked again. Carrot only got to interact with just half of the Straw Hats in the WCI, then come Wano and that interaction was never finished for every member of the crew. In the current Wano Arc, Carrot has been swept back into the other Minks where she belonged, got off paneled by Perospero, and we never heard from her again. Carrot's interactions with the Straw Hats is nothing to celebrate about if we're being honest.

Comparing Brook and Franky's development vs Carrot is also a bad comparison imo because both of them got long and dedicated backstories and flashbacks that were not only long and thorough, but also are heavily related to their respective arcs. Brook lost his shadow to Moria many years ago, and only got it back after Luffy and the Straw Hats helped Brook take down Moria, who took their shadows as well. Brook was also the lost and last surviving member of the Rumbar Pirates, who just like Luffy and the Straw Hats share connections with Laboon. Franky lost Tom and was wanted by the CP9 and the WG many years well before the Straw Hats reached Water Seven, he also shares a connection with Robin as the 2 crucial people to revive the Ancient Weapon Pluton. Franky and Robin met in the Enies Lobby Arc, and they left together with the Straw Hat Crew as well. Yamato's history with Ace also makes her encounter with Luffy many years in the making. Yamato's struggle to be free from the literal shackles of her father Kaido coincides Luffy's goal to liberate Wano from the tyrannical rule and oppression of Kaido. The only backstory or flashback we got for Carrot was Pedro giving her electro claws because she wasn't good at using a sword, lasting just a few panels. That little flashback had nothing to do with the history of Zou, the Road Poneglyphs nor "The Dawn" (which even now hasn't even been properly explained what it actually even is).

Yamato is not just another Tom, Dick or Harry. That description is more fitting for Carrot than Yamato if we're being serious here.

@dizzy2341 Still waiting for your response on how you can classify Yamato's fighting style as unoriginal when you haven't seen her devil fruit yet.
He also still hasn't responded to my arguments to him regarding Yamato's unoriginal devil fruit.

Now i'm also waiting for his reply to my facts and reasoning that i presented to him on his new argument that Yamato won't join because now he thinks that Yamato is a forced character.

That’s why I said it’s pretty much funny that he can conclude Nami’s fighting style using flail/club/mace which is shown in 1 chapter only, where Nami uses bo-staff for the rest of her life; and even Nami rarely uses her bo-staff skill & using more of her weather manipulation skills post Alabasta; and judge Yamato’s fighting skill just by her using kanabo where Yamato hasn’t even shown her devil fruit yet. Not to mention that both are completely different type of weapon. Nami’s Clima-Tact is definitely light & change shapes easily, where Usopp upgraded it so it can be used easier for her; while Yamato’s kanabo is completely metal, heavy looking. It’s like comparing Zoro’s hundred kilos heavy swords, with Brook’s light cane-sword, easy to understand the difference.
Post automatically merged:

*when full moon finally comes*
Chopper: Finally! We’re sav-
BB: Not so fast! (Cover the moonlight with his dark power)
And this is all riding on the condition that they have to fight at night, on a night with a full moon no less. Sulong is just way too conditional and restricting.

And this is all riding on the condition that they have to fight at night, on a night with a full moon no less. Sulong is just way too conditional and restricting.
Even with full moon, we’ve seen that clouds that cover the full moon can reverse the Sulong effect. Not to mention that staying in Sulong shape for too long may exhaust Carrot. In Sulong form she isn’t strong enough to at least hold Perospero, even tagging herself with Wanda. She’s more like Vivi at some point.

Carrot is cute but she aint join the crew tho...

I still hoping on Ulti join the straw hats..her interaction with luffy will be hilarious as ulti is female luffy after all and she is doffy level certainly stronger than carrot....

I hope she will make it alive. The premises look decent so far, but sorrowfully yes.

Even with full moon, we’ve seen that clouds that cover the full moon can reverse the Sulong effect. Not to mention that staying in Sulong shape for too long may exhaust Carrot. In Sulong form she isn’t strong enough to at least hold Perospero, even tagging herself with Wanda. She’s more like Vivi at some point.
Even Chopper did better than Sulong Carrot and Sulong Wanda combined...

Even Chopper did better than Sulong Carrot and Sulong Wanda combined...
The thing about “Weak Trio” is that although they aren’t strong enough, their role is extremely important in the crew. Nami being a Navigator, Chopper being a doctor, and Usopp being a marksman are important. Hence if Carrot will join & she is just a lookout (Carrot fans most likely think about this because of her agility), hell, even Robin can just sprout her eyes to be a lookout. Yamato with her height can be a lookout too. Remember what Sanji said in Enies Lobby to Usopp: I do things you can’t do, you do things I can’t do. The Weak Trio are not born to be extremely strong fighters, but at least they are capable fighters & their important roles cover up their inability to be strong fighters. I don’t see Carrot’s “special skill” to be on the crew to cover her so-so fighting skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.