Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's how Yamato felt when Ace left, but Yamato saw what happened at Marineford, so they should at least know that Ace is Roger's son.
She has not seen what happened at Marineford, she is chained to Wa No and it´s a closed country.
Nevertheless she learned that Ace is Roger´s son.
https://scans-hot.leanbox.us/manga/One-Piece/1000-009.png

That´s not changing that Luffy has done what he did, said what he did and is Ace´s brother.

That kinda falls along under the whole "let the matter rest for now" thing. And I'm just asking, not forcing.

That said, I'm all for dropping the insults in general in this thread, to Yamato and Carrot alike, but that's up to more than just me.
I absolutely agree with dropping the insults. I have personally never insulted Carrot, and I don't recall you insulting Yamato either. I just think it's a bit disingenuous to call out Yamato fans for name calling and not make any mention of the name calling that goes on in your camp. "Let the matter rest" doesn't imply in any way that Carrot fans should stop slinging insults. Especially since one of the most prominent Carrot fans insults Yamato literally every time they type her name. I personally couldn't care less if people insult a character I like, but some people here are more affected by it than others. If you're offering peace, you start by telling your side to stand down, not by asking the other side to stand down first.

I absolutely agree with dropping the insults. I have personally never insulted Carrot, and I don't recall you insulting Yamato either. I just think it's a bit disingenuous to call out Yamato fans for name calling and not make any mention of the name calling that goes on in your camp. "Let the matter rest" doesn't imply in any way that Carrot fans should stop slinging insults. Especially since one of the most prominent Carrot fans insults Yamato literally every time they type her name. I personally couldn't care less if people insult a character I like, but some people here are more affected by it than others. If you're offering peace, you start by telling your side to stand down, not by asking the other side to stand down first.
Well I'm trying to ask my side to stand down. I get that people are tired of the cycle. I'm trying to cool the fire, and I'm calling for no more insults from anyone to anyone now. So if there's something else about the arrangement we ought to hash out, go ahead put it out there.

Last edited:
I'm not standing down from anything, Carrot is poor side character she never gave the vibe of a main protagonist, i hate her guts and whoever is rooting for her by lowering the pre established standards for Strawhats just because they like her bubbly personality, her cool powers and being a cute furry.. Strawhats ain't about shallow appealing aesthetics.. Carrot fits her moniker of a grasseater like a cow in a dairy farm..

Its a bit annoying hearing Yamato called as Yamao, but ultimately its an endearing term used by Luffy for Law which he arguably consider his Nakama so..

Yamao is a funny nickname since it's basically Yama-guy, to go with Jaggy-guy for Kid and Tora-guy for Law... Yamato corrected Luffy but he didn't care, so it'll be interesting to see what Luffy calls Yamato when they meet again, especially if Yamato drops the Oden thing and identifies as female, as many predict.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yeah, the insults really only come from a few people who are too dug in to let it go at this point; I’ll admit to being one of them since I know the others won’t. Not gonna stop unless we all agree to it, and judging by the character of the indicated users, I don’t see that happening until Yamato and Carrot’s respective situations are both clarified in the canon :kayneshrug:

Yamao is a funny nickname since it's basically Yama-guy, to go with Jaggy-guy for Kid and Tora-guy for Law... Yamato corrected Luffy but he didn't care, so it'll be interesting to see what Luffy calls Yamato when they meet again, especially if Yamato drops the Oden thing and identifies as female, as many predict.
What I'm most interested in, is if Yamato will have the same will being herself and not Oden, or if she'll always be "Oden".
We're assuming to much when we say she'll forget that Oden thing...But I'm not sure if she will...

never understood the arguement of "Yamato needs to stay because she is the guardian and needs to stay to protect Wano"

Under the Kozuki rule they didnt have a the "guardian" and they got along just fine and with characters like Hyo, Kawamatsu and Izo
they could re-educate the Samurai to protect the country and teach skills from the outside world
And as far as a protector of the country, iirc Oda has stated in a recent SBS (I'll edit when i find it) that Denjiro is the strongest Samurai in Wano and Oden's style is the strongest in Wano aswell
It was the vivre card that said Denjiro has the best swordmanship out of the scabbards

Zoro and Sanji will always be Luffy's wings.
Yamao being able to singlehandedly stall a serious hybrid Kaido makes her stronger than Sanji, ruining the M3 dynamic. We've had strong characters join the crew before, but every time they did Oda always kept them weaker than the M3 when the final fights came. Jinbe and Franky were the most questionable but both times Oda had Zoro and Sanji fight much stronger opponents at the end of arc match ups.

With her strength, Yamao would be better suited as a strong ally. Someone like Marco.

Carrot's power level safely slots in with the crew. Just as Jinbe is between the monster trio and the mid trio, she's between the mid and weakling trio. Overall the crew will remain just as balanced as it was during the Luffy-Brook period.

Luffy/Zoro/Sanji
Jinbe
Franky/Robin/Brook
Carrot
Chopper/Nami/Usopp

Last edited:
“Yamao is too strong, she will ruin M3 dynamic” LMAO if M3 dynamic is easily replaced by Yamato, is the dynamic really that strong to begin with?

Carrot is stronger than Usopp also makes me laugh while Usopp has CoO & one of of the best snipers in the world. Carrot needs full moon to perform Sulong & being in Sulong form too long will damage herself, while Usopp doesn’t need once a month PU.

another laughing stock BS. Keep trying!

Something I never understood that I'd be curious to hear peoples thoughts on: what does Yamato mean by "followed the proper logic"?

Post automatically merged:

Ace only rode on Whitebeard's ship like 15+ years after Oden did, and Ace only met Whitebeard after meeting Yamato. Also, it was Whitebeard's ship that Oden/Ace rode on, so it's not like Ace could have given permission for a passenger anyway.
It could be some implication, like Oden wanted to follow roger for info and saw how great he was... maybe Ace talked about Luffy the same way...so she has to follow luffy since she thinks he is destined to be like roger maybe.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Goalposts have moved so far back that “Zoro/Sanji too strong” is the latest reason Yamato won’t join…the mods really oughta lock the thread, this pathetic retconning keeps reaching new lows. Like, if that’s the case, then Chopper and Robin are WAY too fucking overpowered for the crew to welcome some totally ineffective rabbit :few:

Status
Not open for further replies.