Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Vivi returns to the crew and we have all spots filled.

I doubt anyone new will join.

I agree. Yamao is great at protecting Wano.

She also good protecting straw hats and their alliance. As jimbei point out 1024 questioning why Kaido isn't down here. If Kaido was down here, he would pretty much kill everyone. Yamato said, before fighting him she there holds him off until Luffy arrives she understand she can't win but she is trying keep him busy for time being. What's carrot doing right now? Oh, right watching Cat viper dealing with person responsible Perdo supposed to death. Which Kind undermines her motivation drive to join the straw hats in the first place.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
โ€Ž
Momo spent the first three years of his life at sea, watched his homeland burn to the ground, traveled 20 years through time, left Wano and went to Dressrosa, Punk Hazard, and Zou before going back home, demanded to be aged two decades so he could more capably defend the place his deceased father left behind for so longโ€ฆyep, sounds like a guy who hasnโ€™t seen the world and wants to go out on a grand adventure. Makes sense to me, since itโ€™s not like heโ€™s said โ€œIโ€™m going to be the shogun of Wanoโ€ a few thousands times since the arc when he was revealed as the heir to the very same throne, including at the end of the most recent chapter where he joins Luffy (and a certain someone we discuss here pretty regularly!) to face off against Kaido :kawak:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
โ€Ž
We'll get at least one more recruit. Luffy said he guess 10 people would make a proper crew and Blackbeard currently has his 10 giant captains.

Yamato still too bland for me to personally accept, but she obviously checks out all of the SH requirements. There's always the risk of an Oda bait n' switch.

Carrot on the other hand needs some serious help. She's been completely separated from the main conflict of Wano and has yet to even step inside the castle. The lower SHs has already has defeated the Toppi Roppo and had their moments, and Zoro n' Sanji are taking out the top Calamities. At the moment, only hope is another bait n' switch, that being Carrot suddenly asking to join the SHs to help herself grow or something.

Somehow the last chapter ended with one guardian deity fighting three guardian deities, all of them trying to protect Wano.:milaugh:
They should all stay and protect Wano then... :milaugh:

I agree. Yamao is great at protecting Wano.
Zoro will do better in protecting Wano via ZKK... So he should stay... :cheers:

The other day I searched all the panels for a trash can inside the Thousand Sunny. But can't find any.

So yes, Yamao ain't joining the crew. She has no place aboard the ship.
There were trashes roaming around aboard the Sunny... One was locked in a barrel by Franky before... One almost Holyfielded Luffy...

"Luffy not calling Yamato by her real name = Luffy not acknowledging her presence" is such a shallow argument. Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember Luffy calling Chopper by his name in the Drum Island Arc either.

Luffy being surprised and impressed by Yamato holding off Kaido alone for him while he was away and thanking her is more recognition and respect than Luffy has ever given Carrot, i.e ignoring Carrot when she bites his ears, or being saved from under Katakuri's boot and never asked if she was okay.

Luffy telling Yamato to protect momo shows that Luffy already treats Yamato more naturally and has more trust in her like his own crew by giving such an important job to someone his has just met, just like when Luffy tasked Franky to protect Robin in Enies Lobby when he was busy fighting Rob Lucci. Carrot actually has more recognition from Sanji, since Luffy never consoled Carrot when she was grieving Pedro's death. It's also Yamato that Luffy is fighting alongside right now against Kaido, he isn't gonna come to help Carrot in her fight against Perospero.

Luffy was already listening to Yamato's story in the attic when they first met, despite how hasty he was, and also removed her cuffs for her. It was there where Yamato also told Luffy her dreams and goals, has Carrot done that yet?

Carrot meanwhile has never had, and still hasn't had the developments and writing necessary for a straw hat, she has never been a main character in any of the arcs she's been in. And now that she's not even fighting a important member of the beast pirates, she's completely removed from Wano's central plot and story, not that she was ever important to begin with- Carrot also wasn't a main character in WCI either.

The truth of the matter is that no other character aside from Yamato in the current Wano Arc is being developed as the potential next straw hat, no other potential straw hat has their dreams and ambitions explored on the level of Yamato's.

Tama was the first possibility, but then her saying that she wants to see Momo as Shogun and live in a free Wano was the nail in the coffin imo.

The only character that's given enough focus and writing in the Wano arc right now, enough for them to be a straw is Yamato.

Yamato won't join because Luffy doesn't call her by her real name is a pretty meaningless argument imo.

Last edited:
By the way, let's say a hint of joining the SHs in the NW is having a draw vs. Ace at one point, would Smoker and Aokiji, two of other characters who stalemate Ace, be the interesting topics in this thread after Yamato officially joins? Guess what, they're Logia... It's just that they're from the "other sides"...

"Luffy not calling Yamato by her real name = Luffy not acknowledging her presence" is such a shallow argument. Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember Luffy calling Chopper by his name in the Drum Island Arc either.
Luffy called Chopper worse than Yamato... "Tonakai" is not even close to Chopper's name... Chopper shouldn't have joined right? :suresure:

It's also Yamato that Luffy is fighting alongside right now against Kaido, he isn't gonna come to help Carrot in her fight against Perospero.
Agree... Guess who's helping Carrot for Peros... Wanda, then Neko... Her real "crewmates"... It would be a slap to her real "crew" if she will just abandon them after riding along her cause to "avenge" Pedro...

By the way, let's say a hint of joining the SHs in the NW is having a draw vs. Ace at one point, would Smoker and Aokiji, two of other characters who stalemate Ace, be the interesting topics in this thread after Yamato officially joins? Guess what, they're Logia... It's just that they're from the "other sides"...

Luffy called Chopper worse than Yamato... "Tonakai" is not even close to Chopper's name... Chopper shouldn't have joined right? :suresure:

Agree... Guess who's helping Carrot for Peros... Wanda, then Neko... Her real "crewmates"... It would be a slap to her real "crew" if she will just abandon them after riding along her cause to "avenge" Pedro...
Not really wanda and neko wouldn't care if she leave with them lol they be happy for her

Status
Not open for further replies.