Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people expect her to do now that her family was the epicenter of a major international incident resulting in deaths.
Exacty. Vivi has about two options. Somehow make her way back to the crew or just stay with the Revolutionaries. Or it could be a mix of both.

She is wanted by the government and can't come back to the very country she rules anymore. Not with the true head of the WG after her.

Exacty. Vivi has about two options. Somehow make her way back to the crew or just stay with the Revolutionaries. Or it could be a mix of both.

She is wanted by the government and can't come back to the very country she rules anymore. Not with the true head of the WG after her.
Like it’s clear that she’s returning to the straw hats imo.

Oda goes out of his way to establish she is a straw hat every time he can; she literally has no where to go. She bonded with others who have access to Luffys vivre card. She misses going out to sea. She has a very integral part in the plot still.

Like it’s clear that she’s returning to the straw hats imo.

Oda goes out of his way to establish she is a straw hat every time he can; she literally has no where to go. She bonded with others who have access to Luffys vivre card. She misses going out to sea. She has a very integral part in the plot still.
Correct. She could play the role as the politician of the crew. The final war against the World Government is imminent, she could be a key to gathering some countries on the Strawhat's side to rebel against their years of this harsh government rule. Fishman Island, Skypeia, possibly Elbaf, and many other places the Strawhats had visited will need some convincing.

Vivi’s a bit of an odd case

When she meets up with the Strawhats again, she will, 100%, be considered a part of their crew. That’s the promise from the goodbye in Alabasta.

But I think among fans there’s still a bit of reticience to properly count that unless she’s openly sailing with the rest of the crew again on their adventure.

I suppose it’s the difference with her being Strawhat 5.5 (which she already is) and Strawhat 11 or 12. We need a bit more than them just meeting up one more time but never spending any time sailing together. I think the big decider for Vivi would probably be if Oda sticks her in the crew for the trip to Laugh Tale, so she’s there for maybe the last three arcs. If she just shows up as part of the final war, it’s probably just her being Strawhat 5.5.

Does anyone think were gonna get another member post wano? Not including vivi tho

Based on Oda's balancing of the crew, Carrot is literally the right power level you'd expect for the next member.

He always has the members join in batches. We'll go multiple arcs with no new SHs and then two will join back to back. But in each set of members Oda's sure to balance the strength of those joining so that the overall group always feels comparatively the same in strength. He always follows a stronger member with a weaker one.

East Blue:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Nami
Usopp

He had the two strongest members join the crew in the same saga as the two weakest members. All future straw hats just slot in the middle of this core dynamic. Zoro + Sanji always the strongest. Nami + Usopp always the weakest.
Alabasta:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Robin

Chopper
Nami
Usopp

Chopper and Robin snuggly slotting in within the established power dynamic. They don't change anything about the overall crew strength.
W7 + TB:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Franky
Robin
Brook

Chopper
Nami
Usopp

With more members, a new mid trio group is formed centred around Robin with Franky and Brook slotting in on either side of her in strength.
WCI + Wano:

Jinbe joins with another member imminent. Jinbe's clearly stronger than the mid trio, but is presented as on a level below the M3.

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Jinbe

Franky
Robin
Brook

???
Chopper
Nami
Usopp

Based on how Oda's always had straw hats join in pairs with balanced power levels, it makes sense to balance Jinbe, a stronger member, with a weaker recruit. He's someone that borders on M3 level and so his counterpart would logically be someone that borders on weak trio level. That's literally Carrot's power level. She's weaker than the mid trio, but with Sulong she surpasses the weak trio.
If carrot does end up joining i can see oda changing trio ranking we've had for the longest into duos instead
So basically
Zoro - sanji
Franky - jinbe
Robin - brook
Usopp - nami

With carrot and chopper also becoming a duo too

Does anyone think were gonna get another member post wano? Not including vivi tho
Only if it’s someone we’ve been introduced to way back, like the Smoker theories coming true.

Otherwise, no. Or at least, no, I don’t think it would be a good idea and wouldn’t want Oda to do it. Wano and the first Yonko falling is my personal cut-off for a new Strawhat, anything after that just seems too late to me.

Only if it’s someone we’ve been introduced to way back, like the Smoker theories coming true.

Otherwise, no. Or at least, no, I don’t think it would be a good idea and wouldn’t want Oda to do it. Wano and the first Yonko falling is my personal cut-off for a new Strawhat, anything after that just seems too late to me.
Tbf if yamato does end up joining with how kinda fast and "forced" it feels at least to me personally wouldn't surprise me if oda did it again for the next. Tho obviously not the same exact way
I wouldn't mind at all if a similar face were too join either if there had to be another

Idk about there being a cutoff point as to when someone cant join. Since the argument can be used for every big moment

Nami is Oda's first and most important figurine seller. She is his favorite female character in the series and you can see it throughout the story.

Yamato's hype from the fandom is bigger than everything we ever witness when it comes to female characters. Not even Boa can rival Nami.

He won't allow Nami to lose her position. Robin was never more popular than Nami.
Merch doesnt dictate event in the series, just because a character sells more merch than another, Oda isnt going to write that character out because they are out shining his favorite character lol

Last edited:
Yamato’s two zoan reveals have disappointed me, ngl. Not as big a deal was made of it as I’d expect.

We’ll see what comes of her going back onto the island, maybe meet up with some of the other Strawhats

Status
Not open for further replies.