Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After Yamao's utterly underwhelming df reveal people were still holding out for her full zoan form reveal to be a moment that wasn't completely half assed. But Oda decided to make that moment an even more forgettable, every day occurrence. xD The only striking thing about it being how fucking hideous that canine rat looks.

It's extremely clear which transformation Oda was far, far more invested in making a big deal.
One's given all the significance of a future straw hat's first power reveal. The other literally couldn't be more bare bones if Oda tried.

The only interesting thing that come out Yamao's transformation is the similarity to another dog we've seen this arc.
Ushimaru was a Wano lord and he travelled around with a trusty canine companion at his side. This could be a nice parallel to Momo, future shogun, travelling around with his own canine in Yamao.

Just visually, Yamao and Onimaru are already extremely similar so I wonder if this was done intentionally. Not to mention that Yamao actually met Ushimaru in the cave and he looked after her.
You say this as if Oda doesn't care enough about Yamato to give her panels, but she's in the top 5 in the raid in terms of panel time. She was top 3, but Zoro probably passed her in the last couple chapters. Meanwhile Carrot has less than Raizo. I really don't think you want to play the "Oda doesn't bother with this character" game with us.

Your point was meaningless. Importance and relevancy does not relate necessaraly to the panel time, but it relates in all ways to the treatment of a character. YamaO is treated as a secondary character, not as a potential crewmate. You can see that one single panel for both characters.

One in shown in a trio manner large medium face. With added layer of extra character commenting the extraordinar transformation.

The other is a simple backshot.

You can see the difference of treatment EVEN in the drawing itself where in the design of Carrot in Sulong Oda was much more careful with his ink work.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
There is a clear difference of treatment between those two reveal. denying that is naive .. at best. If you want to play, i'm gonna play.

Then you're saying Momonosuke is joining instead of Carrot since his power reveal was presented as more important and he's actually revelant to the current plot.

We really back to shutting down mundane, entry level points for Carrot....

Your point was meaningless. Importance and relevancy does not relate necessaraly to the panel time, but it relates in all ways to the treatment of a character. YamaO is treated as a secondary character, not as a potential crewmate. You can see that one single panel for both characters.

One in shown in a trio manner large medium face. With added layer of extra character commenting the extraordinar transformation.

You can see the difference of treatment EVEN in the drawing itself where in the design of Carrot in Sulong Oda was much more careful with his ink work.
Are you seriously arguing that Carrot is treated as a primary character and Yamato as secondary? So far in the raid, Yamato has

1. Clashed with Ulti and Sasaki
2. Had a long conversation with Luffy where she asked to join his crew
3. Had her shackles of 20 years broken
4. Rescued Momo and Shinobu
5. Had a flashback with Ace where it was revealed that she made the vivre card that brought Luffy to Impel Down and Marineford
6. Explained a whole ton of lore
7. Stalled Kaido in an epic showcase of her mythical zoan powers (all on panel)
8. Had a tragic backstory flashback where her life was saved by Zoro's father
9. Declared she would join the crew again
10. Is now heading off to destroy the explosives in order to save onigashima and the flower capital.

Carrot has

1. Gotten off paneled by Perospero in a 2v1 with Wanda
2. Oops that's it.

Just because Carrot got an awesome double spread in the last story arc doesn't change all of that.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Yamato is treated as a secondary character? Then Carrot is completely irrelevant since she's been completely separated from the main conflict of Wano. She has yet to even go inside the castle and her most notable moment is getting off screened by Perospero.

Carrot is a nothing character according to your own logic

Then your point is way more meaningless. One panel of power reveal does not relate to the plot & importance of the story, especially that we all know what Yamato does in Onigashima is way more important than Larrot’s power reveal where all what she did was stalling unknown Daifuku’s ship, and she immediately exhausted afterwards. What has Larrot done in Onigashima? Basically nothing. All she does is calling “Nekomamushi-sama!” In small irrelevant panel shared with Wanda.

As long as I think I’m pretty crazy enough to think that Monet is still alive, I always remember that there are Larrot fans. Just for 2 cents: get a grip on the current reality

:mihanha:

Are you seriously arguing that Carrot is treated as a primary character and Yamato as secondary? So far in the raid, Yamato has

1. Clashed with Ulti and Sasaki
2. Had a long conversation with Luffy where she asked to join his crew
3. Had her shackles of 20 years broken
4. Rescued Momo and Shinobu
5. Had a flashback with Ace where it was revealed that she made the vivre card that brought Luffy to Impel Down and Marineford
6. Explained a whole ton of lore
7. Stalled Kaido in an epic showcase of her mythical zoan powers (all on panel)
8. Had a tragic backstory flashback where her life was saved by Zoro's father
9. Declared she would join the crew again
10. Is now heading off to destroy the explosives in order to save onigashima and the flower capital.

Carrot has

1. Gotten off paneled by Perospero in a 2v1 with Wanda
2. Oops that's it.

Just because Carrot got an awesome double spread in the last story arc doesn't change all of that.
I might as well add no 11 for Yamato: sharing a joined attack with Luffy in awesome double spread

If my 4 poneglyph nakama theory ends up coming true i think the next nakama will either be a giant or 3 eyes maybe cause im guessing one of them originally had a poneglyph

So
  1. Someone from Fishman island (jinbe)
  2. Someone from wano
    • If its on the main land momonosuke (please 🙏)
    • If its not aka onigashima yamato
  3. Someone from zou
    • Carrot i guess tho ill always have a soft spot for pekoms
  4. Someone from elbaf or wherever the 3 eyes are from possibly
    • Maybe pudding in a similar way that toki was apart of odens crews or some new character
    • If giant definitely a new character. Side note even tho i knew it made no sense even when i saw it because it was film z filler episodes i low key used to want lily to join because of her design and fun attitude lol

Damn, I don't know how this quoting mecanism works..

No Van I'm saying only that importance does not equal panel time, and you are right, Momo is more important than Yamato right now. But we need more to be considered a potential crewmate and Momo lacks what Carrot has.

Sigran101 No again. That's not What I'm saying. Don't put words in others mouth please, it's disrespectfull. Carrot is STILL treated as a secondary character in Wano's arc. But this doesn't change a thing about her overall importancy to the overall story. This is not what didn't happen that matter, it's what DID happened.

JoSeungHun7335 Yes it does.
One panel is enough to point out how Oda treats a characters is a SPECIFIC situation. In other words in two seperate but similar situation Oda treated Carrot as a protagonist worthy of praise and wonder and Yamao as a simple cool secondary protagonist. The difference in treatment is clear.

Post automatically merged:

If you think you can scratch what Oda did in an arc just because it was the PREVIOUS arc.

You don't understand a THING about One Piece.

Damn, I don't know how this quoting mecanism works..

No Van I'm saying only that importance does not equal panel time, and you are right, Momo is more important than Yamato right now. But we need more to be considered a potential crewmate and Momo lacks what Carrot has.

Sigran101 No again. That's not What I'm saying. Don't put words in others mouth please, it's disrespectfull. Carrot is STILL treated as a secondary character in Wano's arc. But this doesn't change a thing about her overall importancy to the overall story. This is not what didn't happen that matter, it's what DID happened.

JoSeungHun7335 Yes it does. One panel is enough to point out how Oda treats a characters is a SPECIFIC situation. In other words in two seperate but similar situation Oda treated Carrot as a protagonist worthy of praise and wonder and Yamao as a simple cool secondary protagonist. The difference in treatment is clear.

Post automatically merged:

If you think you can scratch what Oda did in an arc just because it was the PREVIOUS arc.

You don't understand a THING about One Piece.
Lmao "that's disrespectful" says the user saying Yamao just to be obnoxious:milaugh:

What exactly is Carrot's overall importance to the story? Because I brought up quite a few examples of Yamato being important to the overall story. You can't really be arguing that Carrot is important to the story purely because she got a double spread can you? Keep in mind Yamato got a double spread when she was first introduced one shotting Ulti and again in an epic team attack with Luffy.

Carrot’s “importance” on WCI consisted of about five chapters worth of focus.

There’s a reason why after WCI had finished the argument was that it was only setup for her character and that Pedro’s death was going to be the impetus to push her into the spotlight.

Instead she was shunted back into the background to the Minks, a plotline that Oda has given the bare minimum of attention to.

Carrot has been a legit non-entity in two of her three arcs.

I'm disrespectful to noone saying Yama-O. I say that for the sole purpose of reminding all of you that Yamato right now.. does not have the same respect that Carrot has from Luffy. Plain and simple.

Yamato is important for wano, for the potential of this country and for the reveal related to the dream of Luffy. In other words YamaO was a tool to tease us Luffy's real goal.

To the story of Wano. Carrot has few importance, this is not her story but the samourai's one. She hass no real purpose in that rather to be there and witness it. To the overall story on the other hand .. oh damn.. I could go into theorist mod.. but I would lost some of you on the way their and even I don't like that as their is but a few clews for now.

Simply for the moment I will tell you that Carrot is important because of all the subtext related to her story, her parrallel with Jimbe, her relationship to PEdro's dream and the dawn, her setup as a strawhats which puts in motion dozens of parameters and the potential she has for the epilogue of the end of the story as a wonderous witness.

Yamato might have had double spread on her introduction (not ure about that).. Carrot got THREE separate and different introductions... so yeah just to remind you that Carrot IS important.

Honestly, is importance to the story even a real indicator? Brook didn't even get a real fight on Onigashima, he just attacked a Number from behind. Carrot lost, but her fight was revisited multiple times, and the sky is clear so she could still be back in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.