Not open for further replies.
Blackbeard-Luffy
Shiryu-Zoro
Burgess-Jinbe or Sanji
Lafitte-Brooke or Nami
Van Auger- Usopp
Doc Q-Chopper
Avalo Pizarro-Sanji
Catarina Devon-Nami, Robin or Yamato(if joining)
Vasco Shot-Jinbe
San Juan-Franky
10th Titan

The BB are all hunting DFs are set to get fruits that will presumably counter their SH opponents. Despite all the advantages and taking the easy route like always, they still lose.

What narrative or thematic important can Carrot add to a BB fight?
San Juan vs Robin makes sense imo, since her giant form could potentially be big enough to fight him on equal footing. Vasco shot vs Jinbei and Franky vs Burgess seems right to me. As for Brook, I think he will be matched against Moriah. I'd pit Yamato against Avalo since they are both beast like.

Could you imagine Van Auger with Vander Decken's target fruit?

What DF ability could counter Carrot's abilities to give thematic weight? Lemon to the eyes? Lol
I wish Oda didn’t give that filler character Worlds his DF and rather gave it to Van Auger… when it comes to accuracy Van doesn’t need Vander’s DF, but more unique like that DF (the more more power) I mentioned where it can the increase size and speed of the attacks he shoots multiplying his AP by great amount.

Tho Carrot really doesn’t add much to any of these fights.

Sanji vs Burgess looks fair if the latter turned particularly powerful.

Brook vs Lafitte for the West Blue matter and fighting style.

Nami fits Pizarro well for now, perhaps she will be helped though.

San Juan vs Robin would have an emotional impact.

t's really the only thing imo that she has going for her. I'm not even kidding when I say this or trying to be funny. I think there can be a legit reason to believe Oda offscreens/downplays/makes her unimportant, and it mainly to serve as a potential gag of her being a stowaway.

Like imagine we got the rest to the arc barely seeing her, Jinbe and Yamato join, there a huge party and we leave, but then at the end of one of the chapters she's just there as she was back before WCI, also similar to the Mink Kings with Oden to Whitebeard and Roger.

THAT to me so the only compelling argument. Can she be made more unique from her species after this? Can Chopper help her use Sulong whenever she wants ala Rumble? Can her character be elevated based on what Pedro told her? That's really it to me.

That's like having a crap version of Vivi be with the crew from whiskey Peak, Little Garden and Drum Island, then disappear at the beginning of Alabasta for the entire arc just to resurface at the end as a stowaway instead of Robin.. Carrot has completed her character development in WCI and there wasn't more nor much to it.. If she joined as a stowaway, it would only be to make her fans happy, it wouldn't benefit the story writing at all, she would still be a useless subpar side character..

What future Strawhat would be completely ignored in the arc before they joined, thats so bad..

Listed in 1v1 order if it turns into 1v1s

donut race
light of the revolution robin vs corrupt king avalo pizarro (could be a fun fight, unexpected matchup imo, and robin as a revolutionary ally fits to take down a corrupt king. she also likes cute animals and he has a weird oddly cute cat vibe.)
shipwright franky vs the battleship sanjuan wolf (franky building the ship for a donut race vs sanjuan wolf just standing there sounds hilarious to me, also with their roles its a natural pair i think)
boss jimbei
vs champion burgess (both helmsman of their crew, and both have a unique fighting style, with it being a karate vs wrestling match. brick fist vs hado elbow. it would be a real mans fight)
sniper king usopp
vs supersonic van augur (the most obvious fight ever in the history of fights. for some crazy reason i think usopp will beat him by taking it into close range. usopp almost beat luffy close range, he could do it)
nami the cat burglar VS crescent moon hunter catarina devon (both use trickery and illusion type stuff, nami is the young and beautiful woman on the crew and devon is a hunter of beautiful young women. devon is hyped as strong too so it gives nami hype to take her out)

groggy ring
master chef sanji vs heavy drinker vasco shot (vasco isn't a "cool" opponent but sanji doesn't always fight those. i think they will fight for the "food and wine pairing" theme. vasco's powers i can't even imagine what they could be, but because he resembles the "blobfish" i wonder if he has some kind of "soft" body to contrast sanji's new ultra hard defense. like sanji kicks him and his foot gets stuck in vasco's stomach or something.)
pirate hunter zoro vs jailer shiryu (zoro is all about confronting things directly, and king in this wano arc is the peak of that with his relentless offense, but shiryu with invisibility and "a scar on the back is a swordsmans shame" being a theme makes him a perfect opponent for zoro, because he will just cheat and not respect zoro's ideals of what a battle is, even moreso than king is doing now)
master doctor chopper vs shinigami doc q (i think theres a reveal coming with doc's horse, maybe a powered up transformation. the two could have a very interesting fight using their chemistry and medicine skills)
soul king brook vs demon sheriff lafitte (they're probably from the same country. brook as a proud upstanding military man and lafitte a corrupt cop. both have interesting powers and id like to see how lafittes hypnosis clashes with brook's soul music.

??? vs ??? (who is blackbeards 10th captain? who is joining the straw hats? comedy guess beast tamer tama vs golden lion shiki)

Nami vs Devon:Devon is known for rape beatiful women and nami is the most beautiful in the crew
Robin vs Wolf:a big fat giant very difficult fight for robin
Yamato vs pizarro:pizarro could have a cat fruit besides he looks like a beast pirate

Status
Not open for further replies.