Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sigran101

This was my 2nd ever post in the thread and first about Yamato lol
Wow, such bias against Carrot:milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Pedro was enough to do that. No need to add another character.

Anyway..

There is a thing we do in the sceptic sphere. We use something called the "Ockham Razor". Basically, it says that the best answer is the answer that create the least possible amount of questions.

So what makes the most sence ?

That Oda intend to surprise us with the next strawhat or that Oda does not care ?
Occam's Razor states that the simplest answer is usually the right one. For example, if there's a character clearly being set up to join the crew, and a character you have to argue "misdirection" and come up with theories about elaborate red herrings to make a case for, the former is more likely to join the crew. Thanks for bringing that up, Occum's Razor is a great argument in favor of Yamato.

Wow, such bias against Carrot:milaugh:

Occam's Razor states that the simplest answer is usually the right one. For example, if there's a character clearly being set up to join the crew, and a character you have to argue "misdirection" and come up with theories about elaborate red herrings to make a case for, the former is more likely to join the crew. Thanks for bringing that up, Occum's Razor is a great argument in favor of Yamato.
This is the "simple" definition. The real definition of the occam Razor state that the best answer is the one that create the least amount of question possible. But thanks for trying to teach me something I know lol

And this is not an argument for Yamato but against.

Like I said, what raises the least amount of questions?

That Oda intend to surprise us with the next strawhat or that Oda does not care ?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
This is the "simple" definition. The real definition of the occam Razor state that the best answer is the one that create the least amount of question possible. But thanks for trying to teach me something I know lol

Almost every SH that joined was in your face and obvious, even down to Luffy straight up asking them to join at the start of an arc.

How come this time around, Oda doing the same as usual is a red herring?

Almost every SH that joined was in your face and obvious, even down to Luffy straight up asking them to join at the start of an arc.

How come this time around, Oda doing the same as usual is a red herring?
All is in the "almost". Franky was not obvious for most and Robin was not obvious. Same for Jinbe.

Oda is just doing the same thing he has done with Vivi and Robin and it's working.

If you can tell me right now ONE capacity that Yamato has been introduced with for a post. Like for example does Yamato has been introduced with a capacity for managing ropes ? if you can give me ONE example, then Yamato goes ahead of Carrot, if you can't, Carrot is still in front.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
All is in the "almost". Franky was not obvious for most and Robin was not obvious. Same for Jinbe.

Oda is just doing the same thing he has done with Vivi and Robin and it's working.

If you can tell me right now ONE capacity that Yamato has been introduced to for a post. Like for example does Yamato has been introduced with a capacity for managing ropes ? if you can give me ONE example, then Yamato goes ahead of Carrot, if you can't, Carrot is still in front.
You're extremely fixated on crew posts. When was the need for a Sniper, Archaeologist or Helmsman mentioned before Usopp, Robin and Jinbe joined? The answer is never, and all 3 displayed abilities for their role that only they are capable of doing.

What lookout ability has Carrot displayed that only she can do? Oda went out of his way to make Jinbe's helsmanship unique. Where is Carrot's who's been around for over 200 chapters?

Vivi and Robin has relevance and importance to the plot, and wasn't sitting in the background getting off screened while the SHs fought for their lives.

Yeah but most of the discussions are about carrot vs yamato :josad:
Csuse they the only 2 candidates left. Tama, Hiyori, Kinemon and Momo died off.

To be fair ''Carrot is shit as a misdirection'' is genuinely the only compelling pro Carrot argument around.
It's really the only thing imo that she has going for her. I'm not even kidding when I say this or trying to be funny. I think there can be a legit reason to believe Oda offscreens/downplays/makes her unimportant, and it mainly to serve as a potential gag of her being a stowaway.

Like imagine we got the rest to the arc barely seeing her, Jinbe and Yamato join, there a huge party and we leave, but then at the end of one of the chapters she's just there as she was back before WCI, also similar to the Mink Kings with Oden to Whitebeard and Roger.

THAT to me so the only compelling argument. Can she be made more unique from her species after this? Can Chopper help her use Sulong whenever she wants ala Rumble? Can her character be elevated based on what Pedro told her? That's really it to me.

Yamato is literally the definition of Occam's razor here. She's telling you over and over she wants to leave. You are literally doing the opposite of that definition trying to push Carrot.

Pedro was enough to do that. No need to add another character.

Anyway..

There is a thing we do in the sceptic sphere. We use something called the "Ockham Razor". Basically, it says that the best answer is the answer that create the least possible amount of questions.

So what makes the most sence ?

Pedro didn’t even use Sulong?? Carrot showcased it to prepare us for why the plan had to be at midnight.

And yes I know of Occam’s Razor clearly you don’t tho… it’s just the simplest answer is the best one. And you’re using mental gymnastics to explain how carrot should be a straw hat. Clearly that’s not the simplest answer.

You're extremely fixated on crew posts. When was the need for a Sniper, Archaeologist or Helmsman mentioned before Usopp, Robin and Jinbe joined? The answer is never, and all 3 displayed abilities for their role that only they are capable of doing.

What lookout ability has Carrot displayed that only she can do? Oda went out of his way to make Jinbe'a helsmanship unique. Where is Carrot's who's been around for over 200 chapters?

Vivi and Robin has relevance and importance to the plot, and wasn't sitting in the background getting off screened while the SHs fought for their lives.
Yes I am concentrating on the post because ALL the storytelling for a new strawhat revolves around their post.

As I said the need/want can be either for a post, a character, or a particular individual . This is a factual pattern

The need for a sniper was not introduced in the story but the need for "a new man" was introced just before debarking on Usopp's island.
The need for an archeologist was not introduced in the story, but the need for Robin was during a whole arc.
The need for an helmman has been introduced very subtly around whole cake.

Finally, the argument that a character is better than another to a post is meaningless as other characters can ALSO do what all the strawhats are doing. you REALLY need to listen to this argument (i've think i've repeated it 10 times by now):

What count is not what said strawhat can do all the time, it's what said strawhat can do in a SPECIFIC situation

Brook can be at the helm, but he can't enter the green room
Nami can cook, but she can't cook a wedding cake like Sanji
Franky can shot, but he does not have the accuracy of Usopp in dire situation
Each strawhats are serious but when it comes to the real deal only Zoro has the corones to keep everyone accountable.
All the strawhat are strong, but only Luffy can beat the bad guy
Etc.

For Carrot, Usopp/chopper and Robin can be look outs. but none has the experience, the body or the rapidity to go high fast, check the ennemy, take charge and cut their head off.

lol.

How diluted you have to be to argue Jinbe was never obvious.

He was obvious the first time we saw him through Impel Down, and shit how can one ignore him Pulling Luffy from his depression (the latest you could say it was obvious without just being dumb).

Franky besides being antagonistic the first time we saw him had a bunch of Oda charms and such and as soon as he talked with usopp boom.

Only non obvious one was Robin but even she had moments in Arabasta hinting at more to her, she was clouded behind Vivi who while she traveled with the Strawhats she could never leave her people or country her Flashback made it clear all her actions were to protect and save them.

@CarrotForNakama your just so full of shit

lol.

How diluted you have to be to argue Jinbe was never obvious.

He was obvious the first time we saw him through Impel Down, and shit how can one ignore him Pulling Luffy from his depression (the latest you could say it was obvious without just being dumb).

Franky besides being antagonistic the first time we saw him had a bunch of Oda charms and such and as soon as he talked with usopp boom.

Only non obvious one was Robin but even she had moments in Arabasta hinting at more to her, she was clouded behind Vivi who while she traveled with the Strawhats she could never leave her people or country her Flashback made it clear all her actions were to protect and save them.

He was obvious for me, but I argued against a lot of people at the time

lol.

Yeah yeah Talk about a thing I don't know

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Yes I am concentrating on the post because ALL the storytelling for a new strawhat revolves around their post.

As I said the need/want can be either for a post, a character, or a particular individual . This is a factual pattern

The need for a sniper was not introduced in the story but the need for "a new man" was introced just before debarking on Usopp's island.
The need for an archeologist was not introduced in the story, but the need for Robin was during a whole arc.
The need for an helmman has been introduced very subtly around whole cake.

Finally, the argument that a character is better than another to a post is meaningless as other characters can ALSO do what all the strawhats are doing. you REALLY need to listen to this argument (i've think i've repeated it 10 times by now):

What count is not what said strawhat can do all the time, it's what said strawhat can do in a SPECIFIC situation

Brook can be at the helm, but he can't enter the green room
Nami can cook, but she can't cook a wedding cake like Sanji
Franky can shot, but he does not have the accuracy of Usopp in dire situation
Each strawhats are serious but when it comes to the real deal only Zoro has the corones to keep everyone accountable.
All the strawhat are strong, but only Luffy can beat the bad guy
Etc.

For Carrot, Usopp/chopper and Robin can be look outs. but none has the experience, the body or the rapidity to go high fast, check the ennemy, take charge and cut their head off.
I see your arguments, they're just horrible. So a SH is completely defined by their role? Even with that silly take, it doesn't help Carrot.

To be a unique lookout, you need great eyesight and perception. What about Carrot's story arc or fighting style reflects that?

I see your arguments, they're just horrible. So a SH is completely defined by their role? Even with that silly take, it doesn't help Carrot.

To be a unique lookout, you need great eyesight and perception. What about Carrot's story arc or fighting style reflects that?
Well then Viola should be the lookout since Viola has the Giro Giro no Mi, right? She has the sight of 4000 km radius. Even better than using mere binoculars.

damn, why am I even replying?
:pepemy:

No, you CHOOSE to see them as horrible. But in term of narration, they are hard as stone. Unbreakable.

To be a great look out. You don't need to see far, you need to see high. We are in a manga with a majority of tropical weither at sea. Trust me, visibility is not a problem

You took a definition of the role - without whecking it up - and constructed your all perception of Carrot chances around it.

A lookout is usefull not because they have good eyes but because they are placed HIGH.

In other words, the higher you go, the farthest you can see (because the earth in round).If i remember correctly my calculations, in the case of Carrot, her jumping ability gives the strawhat an advantage of more than 40 kilometers!

Status
Not open for further replies.