Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the journal you just have to ask “is there anything at all for Oda to gain by introducing a handbook that explains every one of the great One Piece mysteries?”

And the answer to that is no. The journal will certainly have at least one big info drop equal to “Shirahoshi is the Ancient Weapon Poseidon”, but there’s absolutely no reason to think that Oda’s introduced something that has literally everything about One Piece written down on it. Because there’s no point in introducing something like that up. Why would Oda want to have a journal that remders the entire trip to Laugh Tale moot? Why would he neeed Yamato to have the exact same level of info as a Roger Pirate/endgame Strawhat?
Speaking of which, depending on how much Oden wrote down, I imagine that in any case Yamato would want to accomplish anything Oden tried to, but couldn't, possibly tying into any post-Wano border opening dream. Oden himself not only mentioned Wano waiting for Joy Boy's return, but also the rest of the world, also possibly tying into what Yamato knows about regarding the Dawn of the World, which Momo was said to be at least one relevant figure to.

What are u even arguing here ^^". You were the one who brought up the alphabet theory lol
Then u proceed to dig urself into another hole with the Robin/Luffy argument :josad:
I don't really enjoy picking on people so I won't take u up on that 🙏🏿
Dig myself another hole? It’s the example because you said “Carrot & Chopper’s name are not the same alphabet in Japanese”. If you truly understand Japanese, you should know better that Luffy & Robin’s name are the perfect example that their name, in Japanese, start with the same letter which is R: ルフィ & ロビン. Can’t comprehend? Not surprising.

That is not the point though ^^". Your argument is that there is no way that there is important info about OP in Oden's journal coz it is written in hiragana which imo is wishful thinking given we know for a fact that it contains important info and have been told about some of that important info that was contained within the journal. Information which could've significantly changed the outcome of even the current Wano war if it fell into Kaido's hands.
and yet you can’t even give evidence if Oden’s journal indeed, contained any bit of information about One Piece. Everybody who has been thinking like you do should ask: “Why would Oden put info as important as One Piece in a journal? Why not in any of indestructible Poneglyph stele? What’s the point of Poneglyphs Robin found all these times if Oden wrote everything about it in his journal?” And instead of trying to think that way, all you did were twisting words and incoherent blabbers.

You know what I'm not even surprised :milaugh:but don't flatter urself, you can't even bring up coherent points much less win an argument:catsweat:.
it’s you who brought up shitty reasons against Yamato’s favor of joining, only to think that those are strong arguments for Carrot joining. You can’t even mention 1 specific evidence of role for Carrot to be used as pro-Carrot argument. I used your mental gymnastics arguments against you, and you seem very proud about it. Keep being a whole circus, we totally need another one to complete the package.

Also, keep coping. I’ll just watch again until you can give clear evidences if Oden’s journal contains any bit of info about One Piece (which I doubt you will find any, besides your speculations); and dumber as this thread sounds because of Carrot fans, it’ll be much more fun to watch & this thread is more alive than usual.
:mihanha:

Last edited:
Oh by the way, with the Government fleet approaching, I think this confirms Wano in 5 act. So there might be a new chance for Carrot to shine hehehe

Congratulations for being the 1st poster @600th page...

There's no single hint that there would be tons of grass for Carrot to eat so there's nothing to confirm...

All you’re doing is justify that carrot is going to end up being like Paulie and Rebecca usefulness
To be fair, Paulie has been more useful than Carrot...

By now is quite clear that Carrot travel with the SH is a paralel to Neko&Inu travel with Roger
Not really... If Carrot will do that, it will also assure Caribou doing the same...

:kayneshrug:
Not to mention that there is only one time where Yamato was "set up" to stay and protect Wano

..And it was done by the villain
That's a total massacre to the argument, take it easy...

his logic goes like:
Carrot: I wanna go to the sea! The sea is a wonderland! (Just once)
His logic: that’s it! Carrot will join the Straw Hats specifically!

Yamato: I wanna leave Wano to the sea with Luffy! I want to get stronger! (More than 3 times)
Also his logic: no! Yamato is going to stay! She says that to divert the plot!

talk about the obvious double standard.:kaidowhat:
It's also called delusion...

Carrot stans really need to be focusing their energy on pro Carrot stuff instead of anti Yamato tbh. Yamato for nakama could definitively die next chapter and Carrot's chances would still be in the pits. She'd still have an upward hill battle against Law, Tama, and Vivi at the very least. Yamato is not her biggest obstacle by a long shot. It's the way she's been completely sidelined and had her plot resolved off panel by a non-strawhat.
She's just on par with Caribou (their best chance of joining is together via sneaking, other than that their argument is frail)... Law still have the edge (his captaincy of a crew and being Luffy's equal are the only argument against him)...

Wishful thinking is backing up a mediocre character for future strawhat when they will never be central to the story.

Oden somehow learned about the truth of 800 years ago at Laughtale which his clan has been protecting for all these generations and simply decided to carelessly write everything down in his journal for anyone to find just because, when he didn't even tell any of his trusted retainers or anyone about it.. Oden's kept a journal to highlight his adventures, not some hidden recipes..

If Yamato is meant to join, the journal will be of no consequence to Raftel and One Piece, and mostly Wano reveals..
There are no deal breaker for Yamato as of yet, only small hints that she could stay in Wano..
Even Shanks and Buggy have no idea, they only know about it's relevance in the world of piracy...

Hi guys
Do you think that Smile users will join Straw Hat grand fleet or they will stay at Wano to serve Tama?
They'll stay at Wano under Tama in order to strengthen Wano's military force...

Maybe a few F6 will turn "good" who knows.
Ulti and P1 are most likely to... I hope they join HP...

I see a lot of people saying Yamato can’t be a nakama because of the journal. But there is a huge difference between finding out now and finding out from Rayleigh.

If Rayleigh told them everything how to get there, what it is, etc. it wouldn’t have been an adventure for Luffy. But now Luffy had to save Momo, kinemon etc, he had to go steal a road PG from big mom, his crew saved the Minks and he got info there too. But didn’t mind. He will defeat kaido and save wano. If he gets some info from the journal it doesn’t matter. Cuz now he earned it and went through an adventure for it.

We already now that at the end of wano a lot of info will be revealed related to the Void Century and that is definitely from the journal. But it’s not gonna be everything.

So that is no reason why Yamato can’t join. Frankly speaking everybody can join it’s just a matter of who is it gonna be. Yamato is the safest bet according to me and the character that fits best.

Let's imagine that you are in a video game. You have just beaten the 5th boss and there are another two to go. But the game doesn't care. It's giving you as a reward the solution for the rest of the game plus it's spoiling you the ending.

Would you be "glad" just because you "earned it"?
I agree that argument doesn't make any sense. Luffy needs to find this stuff on his own. That said, the idea that Oden's journal contains the location of raftel or the secret of the void century is 100% head cannon. No one has told us what is in the journal yet. As such, the argument that Yamato knows too much does not need to be "debunked".

I always wanted 13 Strawhats 4 for each sea but Oda probably not going to do that then i think about Luffys 10 crew promise and the fact that Shanks and Blackbeard has 10 crewmates tells me that next Strawhat is gonna be the last.
Makes sense that after Wano we are entering the endgame. So lets look at candidates i will only look at the top 3 because others are bad
candidates. :catsure:

1-Yamato: She is the most obvious candidate so far and she will probably join. Her relevance in the arc and her relationship with Kaido also suggest that Yamato is my top choice and i cant Wait to see her in the crew. :fransuper:

2-Carrot: She is another popular candidate and for sometime i thought it would be cool if she was a lookout for Strawhats but apparently Oda isnt thinking the same because she is a background character now. :catsweat:

I said maybe Oda gives her a story with Perospero but no Oda just offscrened her.
I dont think she is joining at least not Oda treats her like a background character.

3-Vivi: Maybe when you guys didnt think Vivi as a candidate, well there is no other good candidate and some people still believe she will join so lets talk about her.
As much as i like Vivi and i do think she will meet Strawhats i dont think she will join the crew. Vivis story with Strawhats ended in Alabasta and she has no purpose in the crew.
Oda already gave her honorary spot thats what Vivi will get most at least this is what i am thinking. catded

Let's imagine that you are in a video game. You have just beaten the 5th boss and there are another two to go. But the game doesn't care. It's giving you as a reward the solution for the rest of the game plus it's spoiling you the ending.

Would you be "glad" just because you "earned it"?
Again Luffy won’t get all the answers. Cuz they are not in the journal. I can guarantee you that. Every person who has found out the truth together with Gol D Roger is very secretive about it. Crocus told the strawhats that the last island is load star. Because they had to find out themselves. Rayleigh didn’t tell them anything either and they haven’t told anyone. Oden didn’t tell his retainers anything either. Kinemon knows nothing, non of the 9 scabbards do. Gol d Roger told whitebeard something, not everything. As far as we know he only told him about someone he is waiting for who is gonna do something. That’s why whitebeard said to teach: it’s not you gold Roger was waiting for.

But you think oden wrote everything in his journal?
Let’s be serious. We will find somethings out maybe even the location of the 4 RPG but and what it is that Joyboy and Luffy said. What is that ridiculous dream of theirs. But everything will be revealed only on laugh tale.

I really want the idea of 13 shs, and there'll be 4 sh in nw. However, I think with only few arcs left in the series, I think if therell be new strawhats, they should be present at least in wano, or someone from the past who befriended the sh.

The only people I can think of are:

Yamato - for one, she mentioned she wanted to sail with luffy, she intended to do it and has really great relevance in the arc same how the sh was during their recruitment arcs.

Carrot - dont really see her joining but for the sake of the "possibility" she should be considered. Although, shes completely irrelevant at this point of the arc.

Law - has been with the crew ever since punk hazard, hes been with the crew for the majority of the nw. He has the quirks and somehow bonded with the sh already. He wanted to know the meaning of D which could be a very good point why he'll join. The only problem is his crew, although i dont think bepo and co will object to law's decisions if ever, I mean, theyve been together and they would want law to discover his true self

That's it for those who are currently present in the arc. As for those who arent in the arc. They have to have a deep connection with sh and i can only think of two.

Vivi - because shes an honorary strawhat and obviously wg's target.

Bon clay - do i have any explaining need to do? Arabasta? Impel down?

After showing acknowledgement of the presumably important dawn and holding off Kaido until Luffy got back, she is seeming more crucial to Luffy's story, potentially lending to her story being crucial to Luffy's beyond Wano as well.

For real. Just because they were bad guys doesn't make it okay. She's brainwashing them into killing their friends.
Tbf they were not really 'friends', the beast pirates' dynamics are hardly built on real friendship. Brainwashing is still disturbing and the way Tama treats them, especially speed, seems humane and nice at the first glance only. Actually it's Tama being a huge cynic.
Step1: brainwash the enemy into obeying your orders
Step2: treat them like your assets without regard for their right to have a free will

The more you think of it the more horrifying it looks

Tama's slave ability is lowkey the darkest thing about wano
I agree... Even darker than Doffy's first Dressrosa Birdcage (Dold III puppeted by Doffy into killing citizens)...

But at least Oda's staying true to one of the lowkey theme of this saga as mentioned by Robin in PH and Apoo in Wano: alliance often ends up in betrayal... Tama's ability is just one way of demonstrating the "forced" way of it the Oda way...

Status
Not open for further replies.