Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato has a connection to Ace, are you dumb?
Yamato also knew what Luffy wanted when he reappeared to fight Kaidou without saying much.
It's these little things that actually matter. You just are blind to it either out of shear stupidity or blind ignorance.
I'm sorry.. I might be a little old, but I could swear I was talking about the strawhats when I asked:

"Well did you ever see Yamato have thing kind of relationship with the strawhats ?"
Post automatically merged:

Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
:gokulaugh:
:endthis:yes

You know, this post gave me an important realization. I now realize that this is a massive waste of time. When you started talking about what Carrot fans have had to "endure" as if Carrot vs Yamato is a major political issue that people are legitimately suffering from, I laughed at first. But then I realized that I'm here debating it with you.

What the fuck? There's real life issues I could be helping with. I could be spending time on a cause that matters instead of participating in fucking one piece fandom war.
I've made a thread about this, and the hate toward Carrot is much more than just about some insult. It's the worst of our community. I'm fighting so much against it because I think we need to be better as a whole. Because through the hate toward Carrot, what do we have:

- The development of Toxic masculinity against a character for no reason other than because she is being "cute".
- The outright hate toward the furry community.
- The insult against fans and some cyberbullying on top of that.

And all of this start with little community like this forum.

So no, we are not really talking about great real life problems here, but.. yes a bit tho.

@CarrotForNakama my parting advice to you is to use your passion for something that matters. You clearly care a lot, and you never give up even when everyone is against you, and those are great traits, but you're squandering them here, crusading for the cause of a fanbase for a fictional character. You hate toxicity? Fight it in real life. Make a difference for a cause that needs it. Battle people who are doing real harm in the world, not people who are obnoxious toward fans of your favorite One Piece character. Put your potential to good use.
This is really a nice thing to say. Have a good life ! :sweat:

Piggybacking off what Pot Goblin said a couple days ago, it's interesting that the only canon shots they used in the new opening are the scenes of Yamato declaring she wants to go out to sea and where she clarifies with Luffy. Also these shots + her childhood were a major highlight of the opening.

I think its safe to say at this point that they're officially pushing her as a crewmate. From talking about her candidacy on the OP youtube channel to featuring the 'I will sail with Luffy' scene on both the opening and volume 101 poster.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Piggybacking off what Pot Goblin said a couple days ago, it's interesting that the only canon shots they used in the new opening are the scenes of Yamato declaring she wants to go out to sea and where she clarifies with Luffy. Also these shots + her childhood were a major highlight of the opening.

I think its safe to say at this point that they're officially pushing her as a crewmate. From talking about her candidacy on the OP youtube channel to featuring the 'I will sail with Luffy' scene on both the opening and volume 101 poster.

They're definitely hyping her up as much as possible. Just look at yesterday's episode and see how much they added with the scene where Yamato saves Momonosuke from Sasaki's goons.

From chapter 993:

VS Episode 1006:

It literally goes from a small section on a page to a grand epic moment complete with the fact they gave her the same Black and White line effect that they gave Luffy when he punched the Celestial dragon.

It's to the point now where even in the super unlikely scenario that she does not end up joining she will 100% get the Law treatment. Yamato Fever has already been scorching, and it's only going to get hotter as the anime catches up to the manga.

On the topic of adding flair to certain scenes, I'm interested in how the anime is going to handle Carrot's fight with Perospero. I'm interested in seeing if they give the same love when Carrot and Wanda scratch Perospero's face as they did with Yamato in 1006 as well as they handle her defeat.

I'm not going to use anime filler scenes for arguments if they do add things to it, but I would like to get the general vibe the story has for Carrot when it gets to these moments.

On the topic of adding flair to certain scenes, I'm interested in how the anime is going to handle Carrot's fight with Perospero. I'm interested in seeing if they give the same love when Carrot and Wanda scratch Perospero's face as they did with Yamato in 1006 as well as they handle her defeat.
I'm sure there'll be some flair since the double sulong panel of Carrot and Wanda is pretty hype on its own. Idk if they'll go above and beyond with it tho given that they didn't even show a frame of it or Carrot in the opening but who knows.
I'm not going to use anime filler scenes for arguments if they do add things to it, but I would like to get the general vibe the story has for Carrot when it gets to these moments.
The filler they add can be wild lol. People to this day still use that one filler scene from Zou where Carrot tried to ask to join.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I'm sure there'll be some flair since the double sulong panel of Carrot and Wanda is pretty hype on its own. Idk if they'll go above and beyond with it tho given that they didn't even show a frame of it or Carrot in the opening but who knows.

The filler they add can be wild lol. People to this day still use that one filler scene from Zou where Carrot tried to ask to join.
It'll be something if they give it the bad filler treatment, where it's used more to just fill time rather than being a hype moment. Probably won't happen but I won't be surprised if it really does.
:crazwhat:

On the topic of the filler you mentioned, which was during episode 775:

I can kinda see where some of the arguments are coming from as she's talking about how much she likes Luffy and his crew before asking to "come along". But the way I see this scene is that it serves more of a visual context on why Carrot sneaked aboard in the first place and how she was able to do it. After Luffy ran off to get Pekoms, Carrot uses the banana that he leaves behind to bribe the monkey after.

Though honestly, either way, it's still a filler scene that shouldn't be used as actual evidence when it comes to arguments, at most, it could be used to show the feelings that Oda/Toei have towards a character as I did for Yamato.

And even in this filler scene if Carrot straight up said "Can I join your crew?" There is nothing stopping another filler scene at the end of Wano where she changes her mind and goes her own way. It's that easy to change something when it comes to the non-canon parts of the anime.

They're definitely hyping her up as much as possible. Just look at yesterday's episode and see how much they added with the scene where Yamato saves Momonosuke from Sasaki's goons.

From chapter 993:

VS Episode 1006:

It literally goes from a small section on a page to a grand epic moment complete with the fact they gave her the same Black and White line effect that they gave Luffy when he punched the Celestial dragon.

It's to the point now where even in the super unlikely scenario that she does not end up joining she will 100% get the Law treatment. Yamato Fever has already been scorching, and it's only going to get hotter as the anime catches up to the manga.

I seriously don't understand how people are still saying she won't join.

Status
Not open for further replies.