Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When will people accept that Yamato is just another Vivi/Shirahoshi/Rebecca type of character?
because Vivi is/was an actual member of the straw hat crew
Shirahoshi wants to go to the main land with luffy
Rebecca is a reclaimed princess

Yamato is the daughter of an invader who has no claim to the throne of wano or its land
her title a "princess" is solely depending on the allegiance of the person you ask

and her title as "Guardian" of Wano is a role Kaido wants her to play

the only thing they all have in common is technically they're all princesses

Her and Vivi may have it in common that they both wanted to leave for the sea with Luffy and co.,
Vivi choosing to stay in alabasta

But that is her home country and should she ever have to leave that home she has a spot on the SH ship waiting for her

With Yamato though she wants to go out with Luffy and having the added benefit of not being completely tore between leaving her country where she is a royal,

Rebecca is similar to Vivi in terms of their roles during the arc, but in terms of Wano Hiyori and Shirahoshi are closer in that regard
being important figures of their countries and while playing a part in the arc, not really doing much in terms of fighting

When you show evidence pointing to that. Otherwise you just coping .
Why "coping"? I think it would be nice if she were to join the crew, considering her nice fighting style, that makes her look like Kaidou's cute version, and her cool devil fruit. I just really hope she accepts her gender, instead of keeping repeating that nonsense for the rest of the series, if she actually joins the crew.

But I just haven't seen enough evidence pointing out to a possibility of her becoming a new crew member, and so far it still seems like she is most likely going to end as just another Rebecca type of character, especially because of her lack of interaction with crew members other than Luffy.
And what makes things worse is the fact that she doesn't seem to have any special skill to have her own unique function in the ship, rather than being just another 'combatant' like Zoro.

Last edited:
When the Vivi/Shirahoshi/Rebecca type of characters say they want to join the SHs too

In fact, I just read it in chapter 1016 for myself, and that's a good evidence that she will join.
But, just to nitpick, to be more precise, she didn't really say that she will go out to sea with Luffy in a say so as to make it it clear that they will be travelling together when they reach the sea, but rather that together with Luffy she will leave towards the sea as her destination (僕はルフィと一緒に海へ出る), which doesn't necessarily mean she will join the crew itself, since it could mean that she will just have his support to reach the sea, and then begin her own adventure by herself.
And there's the possibility that she will change her mind, especially considering how she is having a lot more contact with Momo than with anyone in the Mugiwara crew, which is a reason to think that she may end up staying to help Momo.
I'm not saying that's what I'm hoping that will happen, but now it may be too soon to rejoice taking for granted that she will join the crew.

Vivi is an actual (former) member of the crew who never said anything this emphatic about joining the same, not sure why they think comparing her to Yamato is supposed to be a knock against the latter :laughmoji:
Same reason they think Yamato interacting with Momo means she'll forget waiting 2 years for the Straw Hats, researching the crew to know them ahead of time, watching them when they first made it to Onigashima, and later declaring to Kaido's face that she'll leave with them. The anime showed how starry-eyed and excited she was to meet just Franky.

People can't cope with the fact that Yamato is deadset on joining the crew and there's no scenario Luffy would say no when she inevitably asks after the war. :kayneshrug:

Sometime I wonder if SHs will be the who operate pluton? or they will always stick with Sunny?
:choppawhat:

As we all know that pluton is a ship. A battleship. There should be a captain and someone who is behind the weapon. Which crew/people have the right for pluton?
:choppawhat:

But, just to nitpick, to be more precise, she didn't really say that she will go out to sea with Luffy in a say so as to make it it clear that they will be travelling together when they reach the sea, but rather that together with Luffy she will leave towards the sea as her destination (僕はルフィと一緒に海へ出る), which doesn't necessarily mean she will join the crew itself, since it could mean that she will just have his support to reach the sea, and then begin her own adventure by herself.
There's not a need to nitpick. She already made it clear she wanted to leave with Luffy when she brought it up in the attic. The Chapter 1016 quote is just a more blunt declaration of her intent.
And there's the possibility that she will change her mind, especially considering how she is having a lot more contact with Momo than with anyone in the Mugiwara crew, which is a reason to think that she may end up staying to help Momo.
I'm not saying that's what I'm hoping that will happen, but now it may be too soon to rejoice taking for granted that she will join the crew.
Yamato knows how important Momo is to the dawn, bonded with him, and still said that she wanted to leave with Luffy. If Momo wasn't enough to shift her priorities, what else is? Her talking with him doesn't mean her mind and motivations are different either.

Like I brought up in my last post, Yamato already prepared herself and waited years for the Straw Hats to come. It's much more likely she follows through with that since it's also her best shot at accomplishing her dream.

You are coping hard if you are trying to argue that she'll change her mind after everything she has said about joining Luffy etc.
That's just you being subjective and biased going against actual evidence to the contrary.
Ffs smh
What I'm doing is the opposite of being biased. You're clearly projecting your problem on me considering how you're so desperate do deny any evidence that she may not join the crew, while I've been acknowledging all the evidences that she will in fact join it.
You really should search to see what "coping" means; It makes no sense to say that in this situation to someone who actually wants Yamato to join.
I never said she will change her mind, but that there's the possibility she will change her mind, and there's evidence pointing out to it, such as the fact that she clearly cares a lot for Wano, and the fact that she is basically just having interactions with Momo, who will be the next shougun.
And the evidences that she will join the crew do not nullify the evidences against it, though they may be more relevant. If you want to have a proper objective understanding of the matter, it shouldn't hurt to be exposed to arguments that can be made against what you believe will happen.
The comparison with Vivi, Shirahoshi, and Rebecca also still makes sense, because Yamato is in fact a young woman who began having a friendship with Luffy during the arc and is getting his help to deal with a problem concerning politics in an island.
Another thing that I'm taking into consideration is the way how Carrot also wanted to leave her home and go have an adventure, and she sneaked into the ship of the Straw Hats to go together, implying that she wanted to join the crew. And there was even an original anime scene making the implication more clear. And yet, now she has been reduced to clearly just a secondary character along with Wanda.
Even in Jinbe's case it was still very uncertain whether or not he would really join the crew until just recently, despite the fact that he said he would join it multiple times.
So it's still far from confirmed that Yamato will be a new crew member.

Zeus is a lot more confirmed as the new crew member, though he will most likely never be recognized as a new 'main character'.

What I'm doing is the opposite of being biased. You're clearly projecting your problem on me considering how you're so desperate do deny any evidence that she may not join the crew, while I've been acknowledging all the evidences that she will in fact join it.
You really should search to see what "coping" means; It makes no sense to say that in this situation to someone who actually wants Yamato to join.
I never said she will change her mind, but that there's the possibility she will change her mind, and there's evidence pointing out to it, such as the fact that she clearly cares a lot for Wano, and the fact that she is basically just having interactions with Momo, who will be the next shougun.
And the evidences that she will join the crew do not nullify the evidences against it, though they may be more relevant. If you want to have a proper objective understanding of the matter, it shouldn't hurt to be exposed to arguments that can be made against what you believe will happen.
The comparison with Vivi, Shirahoshi, and Rebecca also still makes sense, because Yamato is in fact a young woman who began having a friendship with Luffy during the arc and is getting his help to deal with a problem concerning politics in an island.
Another thing that I'm taking into consideration is the way how Carrot also wanted to leave her home and go have an adventure, and she sneaked into the ship of the Straw Hats to go together, implying that she wanted to join the crew. And there was even an original anime scene making the implication more clear. And yet, now she has been reduced to clearly just a secondary character along with Wanda.
Even in Jinbe's case it was still very uncertain whether or not he would really join the crew until just recently, despite the fact that he said he would join it multiple times.
So it's still far from confirmed that Yamato will be a new crew member.

Zeus is a lot more confirmed as the new crew member, though he will most likely never be recognized as a new 'main character'.
She cares for Wano because she idolizes Oden very much, and that she knows that her father is a tyrant. She also knows that Kaido pretty much doesn’t care about her, that Kaido only wanted her to be alive to be his shogun.

Your point of “evidences toward she has a possibility to change her mind” is not wrong, but as has been already mentioned many, many times here before she has never said that she wants to stay in Wano, even after meeting Momo. Just because she bonds with Momo, doesn’t mean she will change her mind especially since she’s been imprisoned for 20 years. She has interactions with Momo because (1) Luffy trusted her to protect Momo (2) because she knows that Momo is important to be alive (3) she considers Momo is her own “son” because she thought she is Oden. She basically keeps Momo alive because she doesn’t want to be the shogun, and she pretty much doesn’t give any damn about being a shogun; and selfish reason aside she protects Momo because she wants Momo to be the next shogun, so she can finally leave Wano with the rightful heir.

Comparing Vivi, Shirahoshi, and Rebecca are also irrelevant. All of them never stated that they want to be free, nor that they consider Straw Hats to be a group they want to be a part of, unless Vivi. Even Vivi said that “when we meet again, will you guys still consider me as a nakama?” which obviously means that Straw Hats are important friends to her but she loves Alabasta more, and she is grateful that she was a part of the crew. Carrot sneaked into the ship not because she wanted to join the crew, but she just wanted to have an adventure, which she has already got in WCI arc. You pointed out about anime filler scene which has nothing to do with what has been canonically represented in the manga.

Yamato is pretty much set in the stone, only for Luffy to finally accept her once Kaido is being dealt with. Remember, Yamato was introduced right in the middle of the raid, she was the main villain’s daughter, and she asked to join when Yamato & Luffy were running away from the Beast Pirates. Since Punk Hazard, Luffy has already put his mind that he will defeat Kaido, so for now anything else doesn’t matter for Luffy until he beats Kaido.

The story is still developing, and I personally don’t see how it’s not possible for Yamato to finally meet and bond with the crew. Oda has something in his sleeves that he intentionally delaying Yamato’s meeting with the Straw Hats, especially that CP0 are on the move to capture Robin. It involuntarily means like Yamato “bonds” with Momo for the last time, before she finally sets sail to the sea with Straw Hats.

Worth noting that Momo is also an adult now, he has Kaido’s SMILE DF, and he has the 9 red scabbards as his retainers. Slim to no point for Yamato to stay with all the evidences that points towards Yamato leaving and joining the crew instead of staying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.