Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But this has nothing to do with the subject, why bring in Law ?
What the fuck you’ve been smoking? The panels you keep coping are there to show the aftermath of Law’s skill that affects the whole Onigashima so it absolutely fucking makes sense to bring in Law. Stop smoking so much dude

You confirmed what I just said.. yikes.
Only for mods to edit your comment out LMAO. And here you are, being shameless because you keep forcing your headcanon of Momo should be 8 all time because your dumb boring basic bunny’s chance is threatened every fucking chapter that is released. Mods should’ve been permanently ban you, because you’re nothing but a shameless master of bullshitting.

You can’t even counter it because you simply don’t have the common logic of Momo needs to grow up by himself. And did you read the part where I said I’m glad I’m childless instead of having useless child like you?

Desillusion ? I would actually be glad to be wrong. I love to be surprised. You should pay more attention to what I'm saying.

My sentence "Carrot asking to join" was a rethoric statement to reply to one of you. Carrot won't ask to join, she takes. But this doesn't mean that she will do that at first. In fact, I expect her to question herself at the beginning.
And more moving goalposts. Not surprising since it’s you.
Post automatically merged:

youre correct Oda doesnt waste panels but this is a prime example of over analyzing

the outside of the island was crumbling and Oda just showed us what happened with the groups that were out there, instead of them just popping up and saying we ran back in

As an "Analyst" you should know the rule of writing, SHOW, DONT TELL

but instead you took this simple panel that shows the readers that certain characters are moving to safety and saying the framing of this makes Carrot so important that she is going to join the crew... do you not see the massive jump in logic there?
And he asked why did I bring Law LMAO. Isn’t it obvious that the panel shows the people who are outside who are affected by Law’s awakening skill?

And he claimed he’s a fucking analyst. Really is joke of the year
:kailaugh:

So Luffy sharing food with Carrot, Luffy calling Carrot’s name correctly, are superficial things that are more important than how Luffy immediately trusted Yamato, the daughter of the main villain, to protect Momo, one of the most post timeskip characters who has been targeted by the main villain.

I’m seriously laughing right now. I’m curious what smoke is this guy using. Not gonna lie I’m pretty embarrassed that he’s a human being same like us, but again I can’t stop laughing. Larrot fans are really funny
:kailaugh::kailaugh::kailaugh::kailaugh::kailaugh:

Last edited:
Luffy never show concern before he forced Franky to join to.. so that's not a good argument. Luffy consider CArrot as a close friend, this was cleared by the story:

- With the fact that Luffy is actually sharing food with her
- With the fact that Luffy is actually naming her correctly
- With the fact that Luffy counts on her like anyone else
- With the fact that Luffy gets angry when you hurt her.

Luffy considering Carrot as a friend is undeniable. On the other hand it not that obvious with Yamato.
Luffy doesn't give a damn about Carrot.. Everytime she jumps on him he ignores her.. They never had meaningful interaction and never will..

when did i ever say “pacing = paneling“?
:whitepress:if youre gonna reply please stop with the bad faith arguements…
And start by reading correctly the subject of my sentence before you jump on me. I was talking about composition in a panel. This has nothing to do with pacing.

yes there are PLENTY of wasted panels in almost every arc…doesn’t matter if you read it weekly or in bulk…colloseum in dressrosa (for example)will always be known for that Problem.
No, there are none. That's why One Piece is in fact such a powerfull manga. What you are confusing with bad quality here is the CHOICES behind the panels. The panels ALWAYS have a purpose. If it was not the case, they would not be drawn.

do you even know what it takes to be a WEEKLY mangaka?
it literally means cramming in filler panels and extra stuff in to make EACH chapter fairly exiting to read. Oda literally said in an interview about how the editors and readers were urging him to make chptr 1000 exciting Rather than than drawing things out how they would naturally go…if he did(like oda said) 1000 wouldve been like any ordinary chapter.
I think you have a very low appreciation of this work. To think that an author just "cram" filler panels is quite telling about your degree of analysis.

You need to understand that EVEN if Oda adds content that he did not previously imagine and EVEN if this content is less important than the rest (which happens nearly never) the panels leading to this content are always meaningfull. Why ? Because to write good content, even if that content is not important you need to go through the SAME process you go when you write amazing content.

You are confusing completely narration and panel composition. In the same way (but this is actually another debate) your argument saying that Oda is losing time on fodder is everything but a reality. Everything Oda do in his story works to enhance something he wants to say. Sometimes, you can't see the big picture until it's finish. That's why I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to listen to youtubers and those wanabee analyst on their take on the story. 90% of the time, they don't see the big picture. (I'm saying that because you are using their same exact rethoric).

The fact that Oda is being urged to advance or to slow down won't negate in ANY WAY his process.

Ive read a few of your posts here and it seems like you honestly just have a huge confirmation bias in favor of carrot.
things like you HYPER ANALYZING that ONE panel of carrot after counless chapters of her absence is very telling…
What I did what in fact pretty basic, their was no "hyper analysis". This kind of deconstruction can be done with literally EVERY panels of the manga. This is no rocket science.

its just not that deep
Exactly, so don't make it like I just tried to discover a new planet here.

A sniper needs to be able to find, or lookout if you will, his targets. Carrot could have acted as a spotter, but she seemed just fine standing around doing nothing. Viola on the other hand actually did act as a spotter, at least until Usopp developed his Observation Haki.
Yes, Carrot could have done it but choosed not to act. You just discovered that Carrot is not a strawhat yet and there has no obligation to actually do the work. Congrats.

He also said that Inuarashi and Nekomamushi must survive as they will be needed for the Dawn. I'm also curious what you consider the tool that Carrot, and only Carrot, has that makes her necessary for Luffy bringing the Dawn.
I don't know yet, nobody does. So this question is irrelevant.

1) Luffy has shared plenty of food with others, especially during all of the post-arc parties.
Give me at least 5 exemples with panels please.

2) I guess Luffy didn't consider Chopper a friend since he never said his actual name once during Drum Island arc.
Hm interesting! I did not read this part of the story for a long time and you are right, even tho Luffy clearly calls Chopper his friend and even Nakama, he is still using that "surname". I'm making quote here because I still think that "Reindeer" and "YamaO" can really be consider the same type of nickname. But.. granted.. without more evidence I can't hold that nickname thing against Yamato anymore. So you win this argument.

3) I wouldn't really consider roll call the height of counting on someone, even more so when Brulee was also on that list. Hell, he counted on Brulee more during Whole Cake than he did Carrot, and Brulee was even instrumental in his victory against Katakuri.
This was clearly a strong moment. And this is not the only time Luffy is glad to count on Carrot. Remember, she conquered the mirror world with Chopper and the reaction of Luffy was clear as crystal.

4) That's true of people Luffy barely even met. He was ready to throw down against Foxy when he shot a horse he met 2 seconds ago.
Good point, but this is not a play on comedy. Luffy hits gear 2 after the hit of Katakuri on Carrot, this is not comparable.

Luffy barely acknowledged Carrot even in Whole Cake. Luffy has shown more concern about Yamato in this one arc than he has for the entirety of Carrot's existence, and Yamato showed that she cared about what Luffy thought of her more than Carrot has. Luffy told Yamato to hold back when she was gung-ho about fighting Kaido, entrusted her with protecting Momo and Shinobu (which she was ecstatic to take on a task for Luffy and prove herself to him), and Luffy was happy to see Yamato had stalled Kaido and that she was letting him take over the fight. I actually think the last time Luffy spoke to Carrot was when he was doing roll call, which does not speak much of their relationship. And that was him just saying her name, I can't recall the two having an actual 1-on-1 dialogue at all in the entire series.
Again, wrong. Luffy only cared about Yamato because she forced him too. He didn't care, in fact he was frustrated. Luffy consider Yamato as an ally, Carrot is a close friend for him. Even he hasn't stated a clear interest in her, the dynamic don't lie.
It's another panel where Carrot shows no actual drive or introspection of her own, just following orders of her fellow minks. It would mean something if she got an actual thought bubble of literally anything, let alone some concern of something like "I hope the Straw Hats are okay."
This panel doesn't mean anything more that "CArrot is still in the game" .. you are trying to make me a over analyser when there is no ground for it. I'm not connecting this panel to the strawhat or even her joining the crew, I'm connecting this panel to her relevancy in the story, that's all. Don't go too far.

He's not going to listen to anybody, He's basically a Cultist. Anything you can say that goes against him just means that you aren't "smart" enough or have read as much as he has. Or some sort.
He's small fry though.
Saying the one who has insulted me for two days.. but keep going, you will soon ask me the weither hehe

What the fuck you’ve been smoking? The panels you keep coping are there to show the aftermath of Law’s skill that affects the whole Onigashima so it absolutely fucking makes sense to bring in Law. Stop smoking so much dude
Ohhh that's why you are bringing Law.. okay.. but that was obvious. This has nothing to do with the subtext of the panel and it's composition (you know... the one thing I was talking about)

Only for mods to edit your comment out LMAO. And here you are, being shameless because you keep forcing your headcanon of Momo should be 8 all time because your dumb boring basic bunny’s chance is threatened every fucking chapter that is released. Mods should’ve been permanently ban you, because you’re nothing but a shameless master of bullshitting.

You can’t even counter it because you simply don’t have the common logic of Momo needs to grow up by himself. And did you read the part where I said I’m glad I’m childless instead of having useless child like you?
I reiterate what I said : I wouldn't want to be the kid of someone who finds normal to put the world responsibility on a mentally 8 year old. That's toxic and I will repeat it if I have too. There is no insult in that.

(And it would be nice for the mods not to suppress that type of denonciation of toxic behavior, thank you)

Momo is mentally 8 and NOTHING you will say will negate the fact that thinking that he should "man up" in every situation without guidance... is wrong.

We don't grow by ourselves. That's a virilist view and a toxic one. We grow because of the influence of others, we grow because we have the courage to ask for help, we grow because we are not alone.

And more moving goalposts. Not surprising since it’s you.
Nothing has been moved here. I just precised my statement ;)

And he asked why did I bring Law LMAO. Isn’t it obvious that the panel shows the people who are outside who are affected by Law’s awakening skill?

And he claimed he’s a fucking analyst. Really is joke of the year
That was the obvious message of the panel, I was talking about the subtext. Next.

So Luffy sharing food with Carrot, Luffy calling Carrot’s name correctly, are superficial things that are more important than how Luffy immediately trusted Yamato, the daughter of the main villain, to protect Momo, one of the most post timeskip characters who has been targeted by the main villain.
Yes, Luffy sharing food is a HUGE deal breaker. Because it takles the foundation of his characterization. And Luffy immediately trusted Carrot too.. I don't see your point here.

Luffy doesn't give a damn about Carrot.. Everytime she jumps on him he ignores her.. They never had meaningful interaction and never will..
Wrong, the story proves you different & Chapter 978 proves you wrong.

Usopp did the job of a sniper first. This undermine nothing ;)
So he did her job and had time to do his, her job is not special enough to warrant an separate person for because Usopp does it, unlike a position like Jinbei where others do it but he can do it so well that he is reliable in certain situations

There is no scenario where Carrot as a lookout can shine in a way that makes her stand out in that same way
No. We don't know what the dawn is, the minks only knows taht it's coming not really how it will come. Pedro was the only was knowing that Luffy would be the one to bring it.. And know Carrot might be the only one with the tool to realize it to.
The Dukes are the tools to help bring the dawn Carrot is a soldier and friend to the crew
Luffy never show concern before he forced Franky to join to.. so that's not a good argument. Luffy consider CArrot as a close friend, this was cleared by the story:

- With the fact that Luffy is actually sharing food with her
- With the fact that Luffy is actually naming her correctly
- With the fact that Luffy counts on her like anyone else
- With the fact that Luffy gets angry when you hurt her.

Luffy considering Carrot as a friend is undeniable. On the other hand it not that obvious with Yamato.
Youre right he didn't show concern for Franky but he did trust the safety of his crewmember to him and told him to go after Robin, just like he did with Yamato
Luffy has never shown that kind of faith in Carrot

And all of the points you stated apply to a few characters in the series but more recently Tama
Those are general things that he can/does do with anyone he considers a friend
No, you are just twisting your interpretation of a panel that's all.
You have no viable response so you just say im "twisting it"
But when you do that its called analysis... funny how that works
I would be overanalysing by making statement about the future of Carrot regarding that panel. I'm not doing that, I'm only extrapolating and I'm just analysing the composition. This is no rocket science, you should understand that easily. And I'm not making a big analysis here, I'm just saying that Oda is still considering Carrot as worthy of attention. This is undeniable once again, BECAUSE of the composition of this panel. No over analysis is. Just basic visual storytelling.
A panel of her being in the foreground doesn't mean she is relevant after and entire arc of absence and her importance is even further lessened now that the character who she blamed for her mentors death has been dealt with

Carrot can have moments later on but the most vital moment has passed her by and given to Neko
If she was still worthy of "attention" as you say, the fight of her loosing to Pero would have still been shown to emphasize here dedication to the overall goal, like you said she didn't need to win the fight against jim for it to matter but the fact that it was skipped means it wasn't important

EVEN MORE SO SINCE HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WANO OR ITS LIBERATION AND DIDNT AGREE WITH THE ALLIANCE WITH THE BEAST PIRATES

Starting to wonder why people missed you lol

You kept conversations going but its like talking to a QAnon conspirator, taking the smallest thing after months of nothing and making out to be a huge revelation

So he did her job and had time to do his, her job is not special enough to warrant an separate person for because Usopp does it, unlike a position like Jinbei where others do it but he can do it so well that he is reliable in certain situations

There is no scenario where Carrot as a lookout can shine in a way that makes her stand out in that same way
Carrot's job is as special as can be the job of a gunner, or a helmsman or even a cook or a musician. Without a proper person, this job can be done by anyone with the minimum skills. What makes the job of CArrot special is that like each other jobs Carrot can shine in her job in a very specific situation. And she did. Something only her in the present moment could do. SOmething that make her post shine.

Again, this is undeniable. It's the whole point of chapter 888: to make Carrot shine as a sentry. Which is both a lookout and a sentinel job in one. For more information about this, I wrote an article on my Blog about the subject.

The Dukes are the tools to help bring the dawn Carrot is a soldier and friend to the crew
Exactly. A friend of the crew. And a soldier special enough to have a development about the dawn. We don't know what Oda is planning here, either for the Dukes or for Carrot, but we know that Carrot will learn something.

Youre right he didn't show concern for Franky but he did trust the safety of his crewmember to him and told him to go after Robin, just like he did with Yamato
Luffy has never shown that kind of faith in Carrot
Yes he did. It's called chapter 878.

And all of the points you stated apply to a few characters in the series but more recently Tama
Those are general things that he can/does do with anyone he considers a friend
And that's my point.

You have no viable response so you just say im "twisting it"
But when you do that its called analysis... funny how that works
What I did was based on actual knowledge about how composition works. What you did wasnothing alike.

A panel of her being in the foreground doesn't mean she is relevant after and entire arc of absence and her importance is even further lessened now that the character who she blamed for her mentors death has been dealt with
Yes it does, that's the whole point of this composition.

Carrot can have moments later on but the most vital moment has passed her by and given to Neko
If she was still worthy of "attention" as you say, the fight of her loosing to Pero would have still been shown to emphasize here dedication to the overall goal, like you said she didn't need to win the fight against jim for it to matter but the fact that it was skipped means it wasn't important
Wrong. Her most vital moment has yet to be passed. Carrot learned that the sea can be dangerous and that she was not always going to end up victorious. Now she has to capitalize on this moment and make a difference. THAT will be her vital moment.

To be fair, it's not that Luffy doesn't care about Carrot, he just see her the way he sees Hyogoro, Wanda and any other allies...
At least, for someone who has spent a whole lot of time beside Luffy, the story doesn't showcase in any way that Luffy cares for Carrot, they never established a real rapport like Hyogoro did..

Wrong, the story proves you different & Chapter 978 proves you wrong.
978 proves that Luffy ignores her once more..

Ohhh that's why you are bringing Law.. okay.. but that was obvious. This has nothing to do with the subtext of the panel and it's composition (you know... the one thing I was talking about)
Moving goalposts again, for I don’t know how many times. You never mentioned anything about fucking subtext. Obvious, and you still asked why did I bring Law. No need to talk about fucking subtext when you can’t even comprehend the obvious one.

I reiterate what I said : I wouldn't want to be the kid of someone who finds normal to put the world responsibility on a mentally 8 year old. That's toxic and I will repeat it if I have too. There is no insult in that.

(And it would be nice for the mods not to suppress that type of denonciation of toxic behavior, thank you)

Momo is mentally 8 and NOTHING you will say will negate the fact that thinking that he should "man up" in every situation without guidance... is wrong.

We don't grow by ourselves. That's a virilist view and a toxic one. We grow because of the influence of others, we grow because we have the courage to ask for help, we grow because we are not alone.
It is definitely not toxic. Toxic is when instead of showing how to grow up by yourself, you decide to keep being a child all the time. That’s why everybody who are above 21 are considered adult because they’re more than enough to live by themselves. What you’ve been showing here, how you were banned, that proved exactly why you have toxic mentality

How old is Momo again? 28. If you keep insisting that he should be 8 all the time while he should be mature enough to be a shogun, it clearly tells there’s definitely something wrong with your brain; if you have one, anyway.

Nothing has been moved here. I just precised my statement ;)
1. More denial
2. Your statement doesn’t matter

That was the obvious message of the panel, I was talking about the subtext. Next.
Again, no need to talk about fucking subtext when you can’t see the obvious one. It’s like you can’t see a fucking Zunisha in front of your eyes yet the one you keep looking is a fucking boring bland bunny

Last edited:
Obvious, and you still asked why did I bring Law. No need to talk about fucking subtext when you can’t even comprehend the obvious one.
Ok ok.

It is definitely not toxic. Toxic is when instead of showing how to grow up by yourself, you decide to keep being a child all the time. That’s why everybody who are above 21 are considered adult because they’re more than enough to live by themselves. What you’ve been showing here, how you were banned, that shows why you have toxic m
Oh yes it is. Any parent and decent person would tell you that putting the responsibility of a country on the shoulder and expecting a mentally 8 year old to act as a grown up man IS toxic.

What you’ve been showing here, how you were banned, that shows why you have toxic m
I was not ban because I was toxic, I was ban because I made you seemed to make you behave like toxic person and because I criticized a system. So from now on.. no more replying on your turf. You are toxic > You are reported.

How old is Momo again? 28. If you keep insisting that he should be 8 all the time while he should be mature enough to be a shogun, it clearly tells there’s definitely something wrong with your brain; if you have one, anyway.
Momo only grew in Size, not in maturity. He is still 8 mentally. Like I said, expecting him to be a good ruler without help is toxic.

Again, no need to talk about fucking subtext when you can’t see the obvious one. It’s like you can’t see a fucking Zunisha in front of your eyes yet the one you keep looking is a fucking boring bland bunny
The obvious meaning of the panel is obvious. Onigashima is crumbling down. What's your point ?

She’s on the ship to Onigashima and Luffy doesn’t even know she’s there.. Irrelevant as always..

Carrot’s shine was in WCI, her story is over now shes the Mink mascot..
Of course Luffy knows she is here! What is your logic ?? lmao

Carrot's job is as special as can be the job of a gunner, or a helmsman or even a cook or a musician. Without a proper person, this job can be done by anyone with the minimum skills. What makes the job of CArrot special is that like each other jobs Carrot can shine in her job in a very specific situation. And she did. Something only her in the present moment could do. SOmething that make her post shine.

Again, this is undeniable. It's the whole point of chapter 888: to make Carrot shine as a sentry. Which is both a lookout and a sentinel job in one. For more information about this, I wrote an article on my Blog about the subject
There is no situation where Carrot jumping in the air to see something can outshine Usopp spotting the problem and dealing with it

A lookout is not the same as those positions and will never be as important we've seen how Jinbe as a helmsman shines in a dire situation and he got them out of it because of that unique skill he has as a helmsman

Carrot in the same dire situation let the enemy surround them
Exactly. A friend of the crew. And a soldier special enough to have a development about the dawn. We don't know what Oda is planning here, either for the Dukes or for Carrot, but we know that Carrot will learn something.
A friend doesn't equal a Crewmember it is an ally until Luffy asks or they ask and he a Luffy accepts

What I did was based on actual knowledge about how composition works. What you did wasnothing alike.
Its crazy that you say you analysized it and then called what I did "nothing"
Because I analyzed that panel using an actual book on cinematography and camera work

So now not only are you an expert in story telling but also a genius cinematographer... at this point I just want to see how wano turns put to call you on your crap
Wrong. Her most vital moment has yet to be passed. Carrot learned that the sea can be dangerous and that she was not always going to end up victorious. Now she has to capitalize on this moment and make a difference. THAT will be her vital moment.
The vital moment was in the situation

The example of that danger (Pero Spero) was the hurdle that she needed to cover come and she failed at it any further danger will be lessened because it won't be as dangerous as Pero Spero without it being someone as strong as Jack and above
Which she can't deal with alone even in Sulong considering it only happen once a month at night for 3 minutes

And considering she lost to Pero in a 2 vs 1

Oh yes it is. Any parent and decent person would tell you that putting the responsibility of a country on the shoulder and expecting a mentally 8 year old to act as a grown up man IS toxic.
More coping. Momo knows he will be the next shogun means that he knows he needs to grow up both physically and mentally. Are you saying that Oda is toxic because Oda was the one who decided to age up Momo, and made Momo blatantly declares he’s going to be a shogun many times since he was physically 8?

I was not ban because I was toxic, I was ban because I made you seemed to make you behave like toxic person and because I criticized a system. So from now on.. no more replying on your turf. You are toxic > You are reported.
Oh yes you can keep denying, but the facts are still there that you were banned for a reason.

and now here, is the perfect example of how toxic your mindset is. Instead of admitting you’re wrong, you blamed others, especially the mods in this forum

And surely I can report you because you don’t accept the terms and conditions in this forum
:cheers:

Momo only grew in Size, not in maturity. He is still 8 mentally. Like I said, expecting him to be a good ruler without help is toxic.
Size? Lmao you can’t even differentiate age and size, and want to talk about maturity. Momo aged up, he got bigger in size because he’s an adult now. No matter how many times you cope, Momo is an adult. He aged up himself is only the first part, the second part he needs to “age up” mentally especially since he knows he should be a fucking shogun, which he declares many times to himself and others

You have really twisted mind to think just because someone is mentally 8 means he’s 8. It’s like saying Carrot is a grown up because she has boobs. I hope you aren’t talking about yourself.

Not gonna lie, it’s fun seeing you to be an entertainment for the whole fandom with how shallow your mindset is. I doubt if you have a brain, though ;)

The obvious meaning of the panel is obvious. Onigashima is crumbling down. What's your point ?
And you still asked why did I bring Law, the obvious of the most obvious. Did I say I doubt if you have a brain?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Pro-Carrot: Explain why Oda will do the exact opposite of what he's done before just for Carrot. How come Carrot doesn't get a backstory, a main villain, primary focus in an arc etc. when every other SH did? How come Carrot gets to be the only character with no focus and be rewarded? "Wait till later." isn't an arugment.

Anti-Yamato: Explain why Yamato will abandon her dream to stay in Wano. Yamato declared she's leaving after meeting Momo, and her DF was used by the main villain as a reason for her to stay, along with saying that he'll never let Yamato leave Wano. Why will the villain be proven right and the main characters wrong?

These are simple questions that should be easy to answer without nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.