Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Current active Straw Hats include Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbei, Brook, Nami, Usopp, Robin, Franky, and Chopper= 10 People. For the purposes of this thread, I do not consider Vivi a Straw Hat (the reason being even if she joins later I do not think anyone sees her fighting other crews).

2. Considering Oda's statement was verbatim "about 10 people" and considering that in the very first episode, Luffy said that he wants 10 people for his crew and considering that One Piece is nearing its end, one theory is that no one else will join or one more will join. (Even though I am fond of the parallel of 4 joining in each major chapter of the story: East Blue, Paradise and New World).

3. Considering that balance is important, at the moment the crew has:
  • Four Devil Fruit Users: Luffy, Robin, Chopper, and Brook (1044 to clarify, Paramecia, Zoan, and Paramecia)
  • Eight Men and two Female
The next Straw Hat, the 11th that would strike this balance could be a Female Devil Fruit user. Ideally, the devil fruit should be Logia which is missing from the force of the Straw Hats.

If Luffy's Devil Fruit is finally a Mythical Zoan, Yamato's chances of joining might drop significantly even if 1. she does meet the criteria of female devil fruit user and 2. she is the perfect match for Catarina Devon in the final battle and 3. she has an adequate background for joining the Straw Hats.

Thus, for the FINAL Straw Hat, Yamato could be joining however, Oda might have in store a surprise meeting the full Female Logia Devil Fruit user criteria in the next arc. (Or personal opinion: let them both join!).

Last edited:
1. Current active Straw Hats include Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbei, Nami, Usopp, Robin, Franky, and Chopper= 9 People. For the purposes of this thread, I do not consider Vivi a Straw Hat (the reason being even if she joins later I do not think anyone sees her fighting other crews).

2. Considering Oda's statement was verbatim "about 10 people" and considering that in the very first episode, Luffy said that he wants 10 people for his crew and considering that One Piece is nearing its end, one theory is that one more will join. (Even though I am fond of the parallel of 4 joining in each major chapter of the story: East Blue, Paradise and New World).

• Three Devil Fruit Users: Luffy, Robin, and Chopper (1044 to clarify, Paramecia and Zoan)
  • Seven Men and two Female
The next Straw Hat, the 10th that would strike this balance could be a Female Devil Fruit user. Ideally, the devil fruit should be Logia which is missing from the force of the Straw Hats.

If Luffy's Devil Fruit is finally a Mythical Zoan, Yamato's chances of joining might drop significantly even if 1. she does meet the criteria of female devil fruit user and 2. she is the perfect match for Catarina Devon in the final battle and 3. she has an adequate background for joining the Straw Hats.

Thus, for the FINAL Straw Hat, Yamato could be joining however, Oda might have in store a surprise meeting the full Female Logia Devil Fruit user criteria in the next arc. (Or personal opinion: let them both join!).
I think Weevil joins the BB pirates and she will be the one to fight him

1. Current active Straw Hats include Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbei, Nami, Usopp, Robin, Franky, and Chopper= 9 People. For the purposes of this thread, I do not consider Vivi a Straw Hat (the reason being even if she joins later I do not think anyone sees her fighting other crews).

2. Considering Oda's statement was verbatim "about 10 people" and considering that in the very first episode, Luffy said that he wants 10 people for his crew and considering that One Piece is nearing its end, one theory is that one more will join. (Even though I am fond of the parallel of 4 joining in each major chapter of the story: East Blue, Paradise and New World).

• Three Devil Fruit Users: Luffy, Robin, and Chopper (1044 to clarify, Paramecia and Zoan)
  • Seven Men and two Female
The next Straw Hat, the 10th that would strike this balance could be a Female Devil Fruit user. Ideally, the devil fruit should be Logia which is missing from the force of the Straw Hats.

Vivi will fight the tenth titanic captain imo

I think Weevil joins the BB pirates and she will be the one to fight him
You're talking about Vivi? We shall see, however, Weevil has been active (with significant success might I add) in the New World and I don't see her matching up to him (of course in One Piece anything's possible lol).

I do not think that Vivi is that much "battle-hardened" as to fight a titanic captain active in the New World, but we'll see.
She was as strong as Koza as a kid, and I honestly think she's been training for two years by Koza and Pell so she's probably a skilled enough fighter that if she gets a devil fruit or a good weapon she'll be just as good as chopper

Yamato vs Catarina Devon makes more sense. Both have Mythological Zoan Devil Fruits, Wolf vs Fox, etc. Besides, how do Weevil and Yamato connect?
by that same logic Jinbe was going to fight Jack lol

I think it's better writing for the Yonko children to connect and fight talk with each other. Yamato can teach Weevil to live for himself and not for his dead "dad" and mom

Essentially Yamato would do what Ace did to her to Weevil

She was as strong as Koza as a kid, and I honestly think she's been training for two years by Koza and Pell so she's probably a skilled enough fighter that if she gets a devil fruit or a good weapon she'll be just as good as chopper
Being trained by fodder for 2 years doesn't make her as strong has Chopper. She struggled with barouque fodder pre time skip. If Pell and Koza got a lot stronger, trained her hard, and she got a good devil fruit, maybe she could handle a headliner like Babanuki extreme diff. But she's definitely not going to be fighting a BB commander

by that same logic Jinbe was going to fight Jack lol

I think it's better writing for the Yonko children to connect and fight talk with each other. Yamato can teach Weevil to live for himself and not for his dead "dad" and mom

Essentially Yamato would do what Ace did to her to Weevil
I see your point. I just consider, in case Yamato joins she would be upper-tier strong in the Straw Hats and would get to fight one of the strongest BB's. However, if she does fight Weevil, she will destroy him haha.

I see your point. I just consider, in case Yamato joins she would be upper-tier strong in the Straw Hats and would get to fight one of the strongest BB's. However, if she does fight Weevil, she will destroy him haha.
I think you're severely underrating him, Kizaru said Weevil's strength reminded them of prime whitebeard. As exaggerated as that might be that still hypes him up to one of the strongest characters aside from captains

Being trained by fodder for 2 years doesn't make her as strong has Chopper. She struggled with barouque fodder pre time skip. If Pell and Koza got a lot stronger, trained her hard, and she got a good devil fruit, maybe she could handle a headliner like Babanuki extreme diff. But she's definitely not going to be fighting a BB commander
How did she struggle with fodder of baroque works? She was an officer agent after all

I think you're severely underrating him, Kizaru said Weevil's strength reminded them of prime whitebeard. As exaggerated as that might be that still hypes him up to one of the strongest characters aside from captains
That might be the case, plus he might have gotten even stronger and established himself during Wano. I just see Weevil as a comical rip-off of Whitebeard.

Status
Not open for further replies.