Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason Momo wants to learn that is out of fear of what opening the borders might bring. The point of his character arc is to muster up the courage himself to not be afraid of anything. That's why Luffy constantly makes him do things for himself and Yamato ditched him to figure out his powers on his own. Momo learning Oden's goal would just be an easy way out from facing his fears like begging Yamato to stay and protect him is.
Momo saying “he’s not ready to be shogun yet because despite his body’s age he’s not ready for the responsibility and wants to see the world his father saw when he left Wano” would perfectly ally with the character arc you’re talking about.

Momo has a well defined goal in place now as well as a character and backstory very common in Odas writing and the straw hat pirates.
Post automatically merged:

The answer is Luffy lol, he might realize Luffy is what his dad was waiting for and that’s it
The answer was something canonically on Raftel

If Momo asks her, I have no reason to think shell say no. She’s shown intense sympathy for the people of Wano that orochi ruined the lives of
Wano and oda are sexist.... She can't become shogun

So Yamato gonna stay and protect Wano for shogun Momo and help him govern, while they are out on the sea, while Hiyori is the actual shogun. I see
If momo steps foot on sunny, I will hack Shueisha website ao they go on indefinite hiatus :endthis:

OP was never intended to be the length of Alabasta.

But I do agree that Oda's changed things from when he started. But that's not what we're talking about. Everyone knows Oda's infamous for his planning and foreshadowing. His editors (who know how the story ends), know that more than anyone. Do you really think if the editor knew that Yamao is intended to become a straw hat, that he'd believe there'd be any possibility she was a last minute creation? That's pretty much something it would only make sense to say if you were aware that she's not becoming a main character. Because why else would you think that such an important character could possibly be a random late addition?
SBS Vol. 42, I miss spoke it was no arc length it was a time period length
its just that 5 years from the start of the series we were at Alabasta

Momo saying “he’s not ready to be shogun yet because despite his body’s age he’s not ready for the responsibility and wants to see the world his father saw when he left Wano” would perfectly ally with the character arc you’re talking about.

Momo has a well defined goal in place now as well as a character and backstory very common in Odas writing and the straw hat pirates.
Momo has been spending the last decade (in our time) exploring the world and maturing thanks to Luffy. The main focus of this whole arc has been Momo maturing and growing past his cowardice. Leaving a newly freed Wano because he's scared of what might happen if the borders open goes against his character arc.

Momo has been spending the last decade (in our time) exploring the world and maturing thanks to Luffy. The main focus of this whole arc has been Momo maturing and growing past his cowardice. Leaving a newly freed Wano because he's scared of what might happen if the borders open goes against his character arc.
Leaving a newly freed Wano in the hands of someone who knows the people more than him so that he can find the truth as to why his mother and father sent him to the future and why so many people died to ensure he lives is very in line with his character development. Especially if its so that once he can returns he can become a Shogun that Wano deserves.

The answer was something canonically on Raftel
We don’t know what’s on laugh tale. It could simply say that Joy Boy is returning at a certain date and that’s why Oden knew when to send them, which would mean the answer is luffy

We don’t know what’s on laugh tale. It could simply say that Joy Boy is returning at a certain date and that’s why Oden knew when to send them, which would mean the answer is luffy
Or theres a special treasure there, like the one piece which is what Oden and Roger saw which Momo wants to see now…

After Yamato joins, there will be no more recruitment. I don't see the point of arguments. Luffys goal was to gather 10 crew members on his journey to become the Pirate King.

1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Usopp
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jinbei
10. Yamato

Unless Oda changes the terms and condition that he sat 20 years ago, I don't see anyone joining after Yamato. I've never understood why the fandom counts Vivi as an official SH because of their declaration of friendship. I would give her the title honorable SH.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Speaking of Oda's staff, a couple days ago, they made an official birthday festival collage. Only Nami's and Luffy's birthdays haven't come yet. The only non-SHs there are Luffy's brothers and Yamato.

She is an odd choice since Vivi, a SH, didn't make it and Law, a more popular character also loved by the staff, wasn't featured either.

“They always show arc-exclusive characters in the merchandising!!”
Because Ace and Sabo clearly have no importance to Luffy or in the story outside of when we first met them 🤔

But Momo only wanted to know why his dad sent him to the future for that battle though, as far as I remember
Momo, asked about the true importance of the task he inherited, realizing that the answer is in the “crucial pages that Oden tore out.“ and asking “What did Roger and Oden see that made them laugh”

Unless someone is going to give him the answer hes going to go to raftel

Leaving a newly freed Wano in the hands of someone who knows the people more than him so that he can find the truth as to why his mother and father sent him to the future
Momo already knows why. His mom's prophecy was meant to signify the end of Orochi and the new dawn for Wano. He also knows the additional info about Wano welcoming Joyboy and any other detail dropped by Zunesha.
why so many people died to ensure he lives
That was explained well enough in Udon. They simply want Orochi's rule to be over and Momo to rightfully take his place.

Momo, asked about the true importance of the task he inherited, realizing that the answer is in the “crucial pages that Oden tore out.“ and asking “What did Roger and Oden see that made them laugh”

Unless someone is going to give him the answer hes going to go to raftel
We’ll see, I think the answer he’s waiting for it’s right in front of him

Momo already knows why. His mom's prophecy was meant to signify the end of Orochi and the new dawn for Wano. He also knows the additional info about Wano welcoming Joyboy and any other detail dropped by Zunesha.

That was explained well enough in Udon. They simply want Orochi's rule to be over and Momo to rightfully take his place.
He legitimately doesn’t. He asked zunesha, he read his fathers journal and he still doesn’t know and he laments that he doesn’t know the importance of his task asking what his father and Roger saw and laughed at.

He legitimately doesn’t. He asked zunesha, he read his fathers journal and he still doesn’t know and he laments that he doesn’t know the importance of his task asking what his father and Roger saw and laughed at.
You're framing it like he asked these questions out of curiosity for his role, which he didn't. The main thing he was frustrated about was exposing Wano to the dangers brought by opening the borders. The last question he asked was about his cowardice, not his purpose in being here.

You're framing it like he asked these questions out of curiosity for his role, which he didn't. The main thing he was frustrated about was exposing Wano to the dangers brought by opening the borders. The last question he asked was about his cowardice, not his purpose in being here.
The questions are all related, his cowardice, his lack of knowledge, he doesn’t know what he’s doing. He just knows he’s important but he doesn’t know for what.

Youre framing it like he only cares about his cowardice and nothing about his actual desire to see the same Thing his father did

After Yamato joins, there will be no more recruitment. I don't see the point of arguments. Luffys goal was to gather 10 crew members on his journey to become the Pirate King.

1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Usopp
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jinbei
10. Yamato

Unless Oda changes the terms and condition that he sat 20 years ago, I don't see anyone joining after Yamato. I've never understood why the fandom counts Vivi as an official SH because of their declaration of friendship. I would give her the title honorable SH.
The original plan was for the crew to finish with Jinbei. The ten people included Luffy back then.

I like the Momo discussion, it’s good to see something a bit different that a good argument can be made for.

Status
Not open for further replies.