Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What reason does Raizo have to join now. I mean, he's even gross-looking
  • Unique design
  • Unique fighting style
  • One of the characters who got a lot of focus plus major/relevant SH interaction
  • Defeated a supporting villain
  • Powerful and quirky
  • Haki user
  • Foreshadowed since PH, relevant to the plot
Add Pedro to the poll too. Luffy just recently said Pedro's name and the "Will of P" is still holding true
I agree here... Pedro should replace irrelevant characters who stand no chance in the poll: Smoker, Pudding, Carrot, Hancock

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving :lulz:
Actually scratch that....I just saw this :suresure:
Wouldn't Chuuji be the best new crew member? Even better than Carrot and Yamato?

I mean, just like Nami, Zoro, and Luffy got their own pets or spiritual animals (Zeus, Enma, and Nika) to accompany them in the rest of the series, it's just fair that Sanji also gets his own pet.

And they're already looking nice together:

I don't think Sanji would deliberately bring Chuuji to the ship, but it could sneak in, and it will only be noticed in the ship when they have already set sail to the next island.

And I don't even believe that Chuuji would necessarily just be a burden, getting carried by Sanji just to make Sanji's scenes look more cute, because I imagine that Chuuji may have some relation with Sanji's next power-up...

I mean, I have absolutely no idea of how it could happen, but I trust Oda's creativity enough to know for sure that if he wants to do it he will find a way to turn Chuuji into Sanji's next power up...

Some artists seem to be already liking to see Chuuji as Sanji's pet:

(Credits to Bango for sharing the link in Sanji's fanclub)

:smart::smart::smart:

(1/2)

It's another Hiyori appreciation post
:feelsokeman:

Since we are moving to wano mainland, It's good chance to remind what happen in wano. It's not like there is nothing happen back then

There are so many themes in this arc like, death, dawn, theatrical, oppression and freedom, mask, smile, yokai or ghost etc. I'd like to talk about the SMILE and the MASK specifically

SMILE

- Smile fruit plot has been set up since punk hazard, moving on to dressrosa, then to wano

- in a flashback, roger finally made it to last island LAUGH TALE

- luffy is Joy Boy revelation

- ebisu people taken the effect of failed smile fruit

MASK
- everyone has mask attribute. CP0, WsW, tonoyasu, hiyori, kiku, yamato etc.

Let's start. It's supposed to be hiyori appreciation post, so I'll only explain things in her favor

We now know why komurasaki wears mask

It's not just for decoration or reference thing. She wears it for a reason
///

Zoro, hiyori, yasuie, orochi, are entangled with ebisu town plot, a town who is always smile

Zoro befriended with yasu
Hiyori befriended with toko
Yasuie, who is not smile user, always looked after this people
Orochi made people ate failed smile df

Zoro met hiyori because she was chased by kamazou (killer) who was ordered to kill toko because she laughed at orochi

It's so sad because both killer and toko is failed smile user and that is because of orochi

The tragic story behind this fruit was revealed after yasu died

"Those SMILE are nothing more than a MASK ... "
///

So, hiyori is one of many characters who is included to the "smile and mask themes" and has important role in it especially when she is close to ebisu people and she is currently having confrontation with orochi, the source of wano problem

(1/2)

Edit: all crew reacting to the tragedy of smile fruit, strangely except chopper, who is the one who understand something about df. So my guess this plot will come back again later after war
Post automatically merged:

(2/2)

I'd like to continue my post about chapter 1044 in correlation to the mask theme

"Why do hiyori need to appear in this important chapter? It's kinda wasting panel, it's off tone, it's doesnt flow perfectly"

But It's actually essential for hiyori plot moving side by side with luffy's. Her plot support and emphasize the main plot narratively.

The way she describes her father who is always smile. The way she believes the dawn will come

It's great revelation chapter. Arguably as commemorative as chapter 1000. Both reveal their true form. Luffy waking up laughing, hiyori taking of her mask crying

----------------------

If you want my 2 cents about chapters surrounding ch1000 in correlation with hiyori appearance. here it is. A bit forcing but might be accurate

If luffy and hiyori plot is essential (1044), then oda need to set this up before. He needs to show hiyori is in onigashima too.
And yes, hiyori is first shown in onigashima at 1004

Let's go back around chapter 1000 when luffy was about to enter the roof. We saw so much of luffy running, some character believing and hyping luffy. Chapter 1000, oda giving a special chapter, grabbing all readers attention, giving all spotlight

Luffy ordered law to move scabbards downstair. Luffy passed the ball, hiyori took the ball. 1004, Hiyori helping scabbards.

But unlike luffy treatment, oda is doing the misleading with hiyori. No spotlight only shadow and silhouette. Oda didn't want people to know it's hiyori. He is doing the misleading by having fake oden come to scabbards

So yes. There could be something with hiyori plot and luffy plot
Chapter 1044,
- hiyori and luffy reveal their true self
- hiyori taking off the mask
- Luffy having "The Mask" abilities as reference

I remembered there are running parallel between luffy and sanji. So I checked sanji the moment he wore his rΜΆaΜΆiΜΆdΜΆ ΜΆsΜΆuΜΆiΜΆtΜΆ mask. And yes I found some correlation between sanji and hiyori too

Chapter 931, sanji became O-soba Mask
Chapter 932, hiyori was seen wearing her kitsune mask

So it started with sanji and ended with luffy
:feelsokeman:

Again to answer the question, "why does oda randomly put hiyori in chapter 1044?"

Because it's not random. It's as intentional as hiyori kitsune revelation after sanji raid suit revelation
:myman:

It's always nice to see "arc character" has some connections with the crew outside narrative point.
:pepemwai:

Luffy and sanji are connected to hiyori outside narrative, but she is connected to zoro through narrative. Zoro doesn't have mask attribute/reference, instead it's zoro's rival, killer who has mask attribute. Lol

And she gets a bit attention from nami who is also stealling money from bad guy

All those probably not that exclusive. Some character maybe got some too.

There's no much nakama argument in my post. It is an appreciation post to shows that an effort was made from author so that I know this character is worth my time and attention and to give some insight of what I see from this character.

Im in hiyori4nakama train. Idc, I'll die on this hill

(2/2)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.