Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never downplaying Yamato. I'm only defending Carrot because you guys keep telling that she is weak. Don't confuse things up here ;)

Hm.. So I don't remember were it was told but I'm pretty sure it was. And it's shown during the entire story.

No, you are just not understanding what I'm talking about. And keep making excuse for the lack of comprehension.

- First you guys are telling me that Carrot is weak.
- I say no
- Then you bring back Yamato to compare her strenght and Carrot's strenght
- I say that carrot is faster than Yamato and that Strenght is not everything
- You are saying me that Yamato would destroy her
- I reply that it would be possible for Carrot to win
- You take that badly and start laughing
- I reply that in a story the one who wins is who the author wants to win
- You don't understand and keep laughing while calling me dellusional
- I give you many example of creative way to do it.
- You keep Laughing
- I keep explaining and give you an factual example of an author explaining that precise fact.
- One of you take that badly and start a tengant telling me that I should not compare Comics and Manga
- I reply that it's not the subject, and that the subject is storytelling and that the rules of storytelling are universal (in other word: Authors are gods in their story and what's count is not the consistancy but the coherence and the quality of the story.
- Sigran agrees with one of my point
- I'm being called dishonest

Here. The only dishonest ones.. are again... you guys.

You being proven wrong and you can't take the L. And again.. this is the only ones actually making a reasonnable point who is attacked.

-----------

I have an advice for you guys:

We would gain a LOT MORE time if you started by TRUSTING ME in the first place.

The fact that I'm a Carrot fan is one thing and there is INDEED a possibility that I could be bias.

But on the storytelling side of things. It was proven multiple times that the ones with the best knowledge on the subject here are me and @Sigran101

We do not agree on much concerning Carrot and maybe there is somewhere bias on the subject on one side or another. But concerning storytelling, we have knowledge. Both of us.

On top of that, I'm not just a simple One Piece analyst or fan. I've been working on understanding deep untheorized concepts of storytelling for years now for my personnal usage.. so of course some things might feel new to you guys.

But when I'm putting my finger on a important storytelling principle/concept/rule.. (The subversion dialogues or the development inertia for example..) those are pretty solid claims. (In fact you can see in the articles concerning those concepts on my blog that Carrot is not really mentionned, they are pretty much neutral)

--

I know that saying all of that in a forum might be irrelevant or feel very overconfident and arrogant but this was needed as:

- It is a 1 VS 10 debate
- It's one of my only "weapon"
- The community of One Piece has a very poor understanding of storytelling and is propaging a lot of missconceptions that can be hurtfull for the work of young wannabe authors.

So restablishing strong researched bases like I did on my blog (here for example) was very important.

My point is simple: I'm not asking you to trust me on Carrot, I'm asking you to trust me on the method and the knowledge.

I'm open to discussion about said knowledge if necessary and even debate precise points about them.. but we are not at that point here.. Rght now.. I feel like a scientist trying to convince flatearther that science is important.

If you don't trust me to begin with, you will never understand my points.

(also don't take personnally the generalization, I can't afford the time to take you one by one.)
You have zero credentials in the field of storytelling, you aren't a scientist talking to a flat earther, your an unhealthily obsessed-overzealous fan of a fictional rabbit. I don't care who joins the crew, but reading that last sentence just made me laugh to myself, asking people to trust you without proving you are to be trusted in ANY field is dangerous and damn near cultish. So argue your reasons as to why Carrot will join, but don't sit here and pretend like you're an authority on stories and writing, self proclamations aren't a basis for anyone to believe their word holds higher value than another's.

You have zero credentials in the field of storytelling, you aren't a scientist talking to a flat earther, your an unhealthily obsessed-overzealous fan of a fictional rabbit. I don't care who joins the crew, but reading that last sentence just made me laugh to myself, asking people to trust you without proving you are to be trusted in ANY field is dangerous and damn near cultish. So argue your reasons as to why Carrot will join, but don't sit here and pretend like you're an authority on stories and writing, self proclamations aren't a basis for anyone to believe their word holds higher value than another's.
Record 2 times banned user in less than a year be like “tH3 5u8j3cT !s $t0R¥t3L£iN6” and when being asked of Marvel Storytelling which can be used as an example that supports his argument, he said it’s irrelevant.
:christain::kaidowhat:

Just saw One Piece ep 1015 after not watching a full anime episode in 4 years. Holy crap has it gotten good. The stylistic choices, the transitions, the animation, everything.

It feels like a completely different anime compared to the low budget dumpster fire I saw during the Dressrosa era.

Also Toei has thrown all subtlety out the fucking window with this episode when it comes to who they want the next straw hat to be.

People who don’t think Yamato is joining at this point are either capping or trolling.

You have zero credentials in the field of storytelling, you aren't a scientist talking to a flat earther, your an unhealthily obsessed-overzealous fan of a fictional rabbit.
How pathetic one must be
Record 2 times banned user in less than a year be like “tH3 5u8j3cT !s $t0R¥t3L£iN6” and when being asked which example of Marvel Storytelling that supports his argument, he said it’s irrelevant
Sigh...

You know what?

Yes.. You guyz (I'm talking to the toxic part here) have the logic of flat earthers. And I don't even want to have a debate about that, it would lead nowhere. You are being given evidence, explanations and knowledge for things you don't know.. I've been proving enough Here, Here and HERE that my analysis were solid at least on the storytelling side... and you still don't even care to take (at least.. AT LEAST) a good look at it, worst, you laugh on concepts and principles you don't even understand...

Well.. I'm done playing the teacher with the toxic part of you guys, I've done my part.

So You don't care to learn ? Fine! You don't care about logic ? That's Okay! You do you! Stay ignorant!

It's not even about your bias against Carrot here. It's about your bias as a story consumer. There is nothing to scrap from you but insults and toxicity.. and really... it's not the good time for me to think about this right now. So I think I will follow Sigran's and my fellow Carrot fan's advice and reduce my interactions with the lack of you to the minimum.

At least for:
- Those who keep requestionning my knowledge on the subject without even understanding what that knowledge is really about
- For people like @Animangaboy that keep circling forever and ever on the same fallacious arguments for days without even listening to others.
- For sexist people like MummyKun (I'm glad someone has finally done something right by removing him from the board)
- For people like @JoSeungHun7335 who keep being bordeline insulting
- For Mods who don't care about a thing but to add toxicity on a already one sided conflict
- And for people who can't seem to find a way to like a character (for wrong reasons) without trashing another character.

That said, if one or some of you actually wants to learn a thing or two or just have a nice chat. I'm open for discussion and even for debate about the topic at hand (if we agree at the minimum on the method).

For the others: I'll now reply with those words: "Ignored, here's why"

The sad part is..

You guys are missing a HUGE part of the story by completely ignoring Carrot's relationship to the strawhat flag.

Ps: this episode was amazing and made me think. If Carrot don't reacts to Kaido's defeat, I might even consider upgrading Yamato's chances to join the crew.

Last edited:
Sigh...

You know what?

Yes.. You guyz (I'm talking to the toxic part here) have the logic of flat earthers. And I don't even want to have a debate about that, it would lead nowhere. You are being given evidence, explanations and knowledge for things you don't know.. I've been proving enough Here, Here and HERE that my analysis were solid at least on the storytelling side... and you still don't even care to take (at least.. AT LEAST) a good look at it, worst, you laugh on concepts and principles you don't even understand...

Well.. I'm done playing the teacher with the toxic part of you guys, I've done my part.

So You don't care to learn ? Fine! You don't care about logic ? That's Okay! You do you! Stay ignorant!

It's not even about your bias against Carrot here. It's about your bias as a story consumer. There is nothing to scrap from you but insults and toxicity.. and really... it's not the good time for me to think about this right now. So I think I will follow Sigran's and my fellow Carrot fan's advice and reduce my interactions with the lack of you to the minimum.

At least for:
- Those who keep requestionning my knowledge on the subject without even understanding what that knowledge is really about
- For people like @Animangaboy that keep circling forever and ever on the same fallacious arguments for days without even listening to others.
- For sexist people like MummyKun (I'm glad someone has finally done something right by removing him from the board)
- For people like @JoSeungHun7335 who keep being bordeline insulting
- For Mods who don't care about a thing but to add toxicity on a already one sided conflict
- And for people who can't seem to find a way to like a character (for wrong reasons) without trashing another character.

That said, if one or some of you actually wants to learn a thing or two or just have a nice chat. I'm open for discussion and even for debate about the topic at hand (if we agree at the minimum on the method).

For the others: I'll now reply with those words: "Ignored, here's why"

The sad part is..

You guys are missing a HUGE part of the story by completely ignoring Carrot's relationship to the strawhat flag.

Ps: this episode was amazing and made me think. If Carrot don't reacts to Kaido's defeat, I might even consider upgrading Yamato's chances to join the crew.
Like I said, I wasn’t insulting you. I was describing you. If you felt insulted then I pretty much missed the part where that’s my problem
:queenmoji:

Just saw One Piece ep 1015 after not watching a full anime episode in 4 years. Holy crap has it gotten good. The stylistic choices, the transitions, the animation, everything.

It feels like a completely different anime compared to the low budget dumpster fire I saw during the Dressrosa era.

Also Toei has thrown all subtlety out the fucking window with this episode when it comes to who they want the next straw hat to be.

People who don’t think Yamato is joining at this point are either capping or trolling.
Nah mah, Toei is pro carrot

never downplaying Yamato. I'm only defending Carrot because you guys keep telling that she is weak. Don't confuse things up here ;)
No one is saying that Carrot is actually weak. Maybe a little, but that’s just to tease you. Carrot is weak though when compared to the heavy hitters of the new world. And I’m not just talking about yonkous, admirals and commanders, but also others like the stronger end of vice-admirals and captains of other crews. And while, yes if Oda wants to make her stronger he can do it quite easily. Do not forget that changing something in a story to quickly and drastically without a proper explanation or setup creates plot holes and also often doesn’t make sense. It makes for bad story writing and often leaves fans unhappy.
I don’t even have to use marvel, dc or other manga for example. Luffy is Nika fruit split the one piece community a lot. There are fans who like it, there are fans who hate it.
And that is our point regards to Carrot. If she gets a power up just to compete with some characters from one piece it would be an asspull from Oda side, because nothing shows that she is even close to that level. If we where at the beginning of the new world that she would have time to get stronger, but for now she is to weak to compete with BB 10 titans. Also I think you said somewhere about latent potential, here I do agree that she has the potential to become as strong as cat viper and in the future be a leader of mink.

Do not forget that changing something in a story to quickly and drastically without a proper explanation or setup creates plot holes and also often doesn’t make sense. It makes for bad story writing and often leaves fans unhappy.
I completely agree with that. That's why I always say that if something might be possible. It also has to be prepared first properly. For example. If Carrot has to get a powerup, let's say to beat someone as strong as Jinbe or Yamato. Well because of the improbability of the feat, the Power Up would need to be at least as prepared as Luffy's Gear 5.

Luffy is Nika fruit split the one piece community a lot
For wrong reasons this time. The fruit transformation was well prepared. The problem here were people's expectations, but that's a whole other debate.

And that is our point regards to Carrot. If she gets a power up just to compete with some characters from one piece it would be an asspull from Oda side
Not if it is well prepared. Meaning.. At least 30/50 chapters of preparation.

As a scale i think we can agree that the more unlikely Carrot's ennemy is to be beaten, the more of chapters Oda will have to "prepare". So for someone like yamato, it would take 30/50 chapter, for Perospero 20/10, for someone like Ulti 10/5 etc..

The neat thing with "preparations" is that it can be done through worldbuilding. So a revelation might be just the type of preparation this type of feats needs.

And when I was talking about the "Sun power for the Mink".. I was just partially joking..I think there is more tothe Sulong transformation that Oda is telling us.

For the sole principle that Oda created an expectation by mentionning the "berserk states" of the Mink. I don't think he planned that just for Pekom.

This newest episode all but proves Yamato is joining. Imagine having a scene like Yamato trying to remove her shackles and crying out she wants to live freely and Kaido saying you'll never get off this island and then saying but derp Yamato guardian of Wano derpy derp

:milaugh:

Larrot stans on maximum copium as their little side character is clinging to Neko to remain relevant

:leohah:

Status
Not open for further replies.