Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The anime reminds us the greatest connection between luffy and his crewmates - they share the pain of luffy when Aces died. And the episode reminded us that Yamato has that same tie to luffy

He also shares the pain when Ace died
Post automatically merged:

To be honest, the only mink I care to join the sh was pedro, and i was actually hoping that the current cover story will lead us to know more about him, (at least show that he's actually alive)

Last edited:
Well this change things, I was not aware of this as it was not in the story. So you are right, this would indeed make things a lot more difficult but this doesn't change what at I said about the will of the author and his power over the story and the future of the character
The author could make it so a Basketball playing Labrador kills Kaido

Saying "if the author wants, he could do it"

Is not an arguement, as it stands Carrot doesn't beat Yamato, Sulong or not

There are several crews future that is in doubt. It wouldn’t surprise me if some heavy hitters join the Grand Fleet. I’m talking about Beast Pirates and WB pirates specifically.

I’m sure the Average BP don’t want to rot in jail and they were never loyal to Kaido but rather his overwhelming strength. Some of the might try to join Luffy, Kidd or Law. Perhaps only Kidd and Law accept.

With WB it’s easier. Marco and Izou could join but as they are disbanded Marco would have to round them up again. While doing it he encounters Weevil beating one of his old crew. Marco steps in, get crushed and Luffy vs Weevil happens. WB pirates swear loyalty to Luffy.

It not really bias ain't filler supposed to be non Canon? Lol
Yes, but oda has stated that he can not put everything he wants in the manga and that the anime is doing a wonderful job filling those gaps. Especially in wano. So fillers are not canon but some other scenes can be considered canon. But I’m not one to talk, I always take only the manga into consideration😂

Where does carrot reaction to Kaido being defeated = joining the crew?
How do you get that means she is joining the crew? Everybody going to react so why is carrot reaction means she will join the crew? 🤔
Ok, so I will trust that you will be able to understand what I say. It's the last time I give you the explanation:

So.. Why does a reaction panel of Carrot to Luffy defeating Kaido + a flash back of Pedro would seal Carrot as a future strawhat ?

First, you need to understand the difference between Yamato and Carrot on their vision of Luffy

- For Yamato, Luffy is the "D" leader, the leader of the generation of the prophecy of Oden. For that reason, she think that Luffy the only who will be capable of defeating Kaido, it's also someone quite exceptionnal.

- For Carrot who understands very little about the prophecies of both Oden and the Mink. For her, Luffy is just a man who is capable of taking out the bad guys.. but is first and foremost just a fun man to follow and her friend! Also Luffy is the one Pedro hinted her something about.. something she might not know the meaning yet.

So... You can see here that there is a CLEAR difference regarding Luffy in both visions: Where Yamato already knows his importance, Carrot has almost NO clues! So.. what would be the difference of impact between a reaction from Carrot and from Yamato ?

Well.. For Yamato a reaction would only confirms what she already know: That Luffy is the one Oden was talking about. Yamato already had that "Luffy is amazing" moment. But she instead choosed to follow Momo's path (at least on Onigashima) as, for her, MOMO is the one who will guide the world to the DAWN.

The reaction of Carrot toward Luffy would have a COMPLETELY different impact. First it would make Carrot understand the real importance of Luffy. This would have for effect a huge character development. Just like it did for Yamato.

But a reaction panel + a flashback of Pedro would also link Luffy directely to the Dawn in Carrot's mind because of Pedro's words. As for the Minks, LUFFY is the one who will guide the world to the DAWN.

Like you can see.. Where the understanding of the journal made Yamato follow Momo because she think HE will bring the world to the dawn.. the understanding of the importance of Luffy for Carrot would confirm that she is bound to follow him on his journey because LUFFY is the one who will bring the world to the Dawn for the Minks.

A reaction of Carrot would make Carrot instantely understand the words of Pedro. And the ONLY explanation for such a panel of reaction (because everything in the story as a meaning, a purpose) would be that Oda is telling us something about carrot's future with Luffy. Thus confirming the #CarrotForNakama theory.

And it would be perfectly logical. Yamato has being continuously drawn at Momo's sides: Guiding him/Saving him/Explaning him things. .. Where Carrot has been continiously drawn at LUFFY's sides: Helping him/Being with the SH /Saving the strawhats/Fighting with the strawhats etc.

Wano is not Carrot's story, she obviously didn't fit in the storyline. That's most probably why she was not depicted to much . But there is one things I NEVER stopped saying to you all: Never forget to take both Arc (Whole cake&Wano) into account when talking about the present story.

Because... BOTH arcs are important. This is the YONKO SAGA. not the arc of Wano alone. Oda proved us with 1045 that what he did on Whole Cake was STILL important. So you better believe that Carrot's characterization as a strawhat during whole cake had a PURPOSE.

Yamato to be confirmed as a future Nakama would need a lot of construction (with the strawhats mostly and a switch from Momo to Luffy) when Carrot reacting to Luffy and remembering Pedro's words.. ..would CONFIRMS the #CarrotForNakama theory.

-----------------------

This thread is not about side characters' relationship with the sh crew.
It's about who becomes the next member.

Good to see you can use logic for once!

Are you anime only?
Ignored, here's why

ishitami and Toei are at our side
More like on the side of the story. Ishitani is hired to direct the most important episodes. Chapter 1000 was one of the key stone. so it's logical to have her here.
The author could make it so a Basketball playing Labrador kills Kaido

Saying "if the author wants, he could do it"

Is not an arguement, as it stands Carrot doesn't beat Yamato, Sulong or not
The argument was "is strenght a good recrutment parameter and does Carrot compare to Yamato?"

The statement is therefore a good answer to that: "No Strenght should not be seen as a recruitment parameter and it's irrelevant to Compare Yamato and Carrot on that front."

Still unlikely

Last edited:
Yamato to be confirmed as a future Nakama would need a lot of construction (with the strawhats mostly and a switch from Momo to Luffy) when Carrot reacting to Luffy and remembering Pedro's words.. ..would CONFIRMS the #CarrotForNakama theory.
Give it up carrot isn't going to join the crew look at episode 1015 and in the manga where did it show that carrot is going to join? The only person that is being shown to join the crew in both Anime And Manga is Yamato 👀 Just because carrot is friends with the crew doesn't mean strawhats everyone is friends with them but it is how the character is being written and pushed in the story itself where carrot hasn't anything in the story from only being friends with them.
Look at episode 1015 where the animation shows us that Yamato is going to leave with the strawhats

Give it up carrot isn't going to join the crew look at episode 1015 and in the manga where did it show that carrot is going to join? The only person that is being shown to join the crew in both Anime And Manga is Yamato 👀 Just because carrot is friends with the crew doesn't mean strawhats everyone is friends with them but it is how the character is being written and pushed in the story itself where carrot hasn't anything in the story from only being friends with them.
Look at episode 1015 where the animation shows us that Yamato is going to leave with the strawhats
Ok you didn't care about the explanation, so Ignored, here's why

Ok you didn't care about the explanation, so Ignored, here's why
Like I said before She isn't being pushed like how Yamato has been in the anime and manga
Carrot in WCI arc wasn't shown like how Yamato was in Wano but you can't face the reality everyone else sees it and knows it going to happen but you carrot fans can accept the facts 😭,
Yamato has/known everything about luffy and also has everything that every SHs have but carrot isn't the only thing you can bring up is she is friend with the crew and the Pedro somethings with Yamato share a great bond with Ace(Luffy's Brother and One of the few that knows his true dream).
So which one is more important Ace or Pedro? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.