Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, there are tons of narrative parallels all over the series and even a few things each Straw Hat has in common with the others, but yeah, nothing is so steadfast in the recruitment process that you can set your watch to it, just more of a clear vibe :luuh:
Oh, definitely, my statement was geared more towards the number patterns and such.

As far as new crewmates go, you can usually easily see the signs rather early.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Well, that's a little bit more complicated than that but yes. In short. Each strawhats follows the same Heroes journey cycle. And in front of the line, there is the Refusal to the call for adventure.

That can happen very quickly, that can also be AFTER the actual joining but it always happens, and that's logical, this is one of the best way to create clear and efficient protagonist.

In fact that why I always say that Carrot will first question her actual desire to go on adventure only to accept the call at the very end of the arc.
I’m starting to feel like you think more AS Carrot than the actual (completely fictional) character herself…seriously, this is deeper thought and consideration about her journey than absolutely ANYTHING said to, by, or about the rabbit in any given panel or scene.

Well, that's a little bit more complicated than that but yes. In short. Each strawhats follows the same Heroes journey cycle. And in front of the line, there is the Refusal to the call for adventure.

That can happen very quickly, that can also be AFTER the actual joining but it always happens, and that's logical, this is one of the best way to create clear and efficient protagonist.

In fact that why I always say that Carrot will first question her actual desire to go on adventure only to accept the call at the very end of the arc.
MASTER!

Tell me what to do in order to free those infidels from their ignorance and punish them for their YamaSin.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

MASTER!

Tell me what to do in order to free those infidels from their ignorance and punish them for their YamaSin.
Thank God for VPNs, right?? :shocking:

Okay. I'll try to be pretty fast 'cause I don't know for how long my risperidone will be having an effect and I could start saying nonsense and trying to go grocery shopping naked anytime now.

There is no pattern between specifical crew members. That's just your brain messing up wanting to see ghosts were there isn't (trust me, I know A LOT about that). There is only ONE pattern that applies to ALL Strawhats: THEY. DON'T. WANT. OR. CAN'T. BE. PART. OF. THE. CREW. FROM. THE. START.

Therefore, Yamato saying right from her introduction she is gonna be part of the crew is SUBVERSION DIALOGUE.
Wait there’s two of you??????????

Thank God for VPNs, right?? :shocking:
Wait there’s two of you??????????
Yes and no. We are and we are not the same. In the realm of the chosen ones, CarrotforNakama and I are part of a communion where it is complex to differentiate one from other because what matters is our holy mission to fight for Carrot. It is here, in the realm of sinners where we can see each other differently and embody different "people", as you may call it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yes and no. We are and we are not the same. In the realm of the chosen ones, CarrotforNakama and I are part of a communion where it is complex to differentiate one from other because what matters is our holy mission to fight for Carrot. It is here, in the realm of sinners where we can see each other differently and embody different "people", as you may call it.
God dammit, it pisses me off how much I’m starting to like you…

I’m starting to feel like you think more AS Carrot than the actual (completely fictional) character herself…seriously, this is deeper thought and consideration about her journey than absolutely ANYTHING said to, by, or about the rabbit in any given panel or scene.
And still, everything I say is teased by the story. It's all over the floor in front of you. I'm not giving random ideas here, but a logical narrative potentiality teased by very subtle elements in the story.

Carrot joining is not supposed to be obvious. But it's supposed to be logical:

Carrot joining for fun.. just to being scolded about the danger of the seas.. to actually experience the terror of the sea.. and wanting to get revenge for it just to lose again in front of that terror... Is very logical narratively... but also..

Psychologicaly!

It's the logical cycle of a coming of age story but twisted on it's head. The actual refusal for adventure that should come at the beginning of the story will actually happen at the very end (or rather the end of Wano), because that refusal is the BIG choice Carrot will have to make in front of her own weakness.

Nothing is invented here, it's just pure narrative logic.

Oda's goal was simple and don't needed a lot of exposition:
Carrot needs to doubt herself and accept death as a part of her journey.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
And still, everything I say is teased by the story. It's all over the floor in front of you. I'm not giving random ideas here, but a logical narrative potentiality teased by very subtle elements in the story.

Carrot joining for fun.. just to being scolded about the danger of the seas.. to actually experience the terror of the sea.. and wanting to get revenge for it just to lose again in front of that terror... Is very logical narratively... but also..

Psychologicaly!

It's the logical cycle of a coming of age story but twisted on it's head. The actual refusal for adventure that should come at the beginning of the story will actually happen at the very end (or rather the end of Wano), because that refusal is the BIG choice Carrot will have to make in front of her own weakness.

Oda's goal was simple and don't needed a lot of exposition: Carrot needs to doubt herself and accept death as a part of her journey.
You know I’m not reading anything from this account, your alt is much funnier :gonope:

Psychologicaly!

Oda's goal was simple and don't needed a lot of exposition: Carrot needs to doubt herself and accept death as a part of her journey.
Ignored, here's why.

Imagine being sincerely convinced that something will happen; then after countless years of making your case to people and convincing yourself with supporting evidence, it all comes crashing down. Many words typed have been suddenly wasted into an aether of vapor, all because of a character who stole the limelight who probably never had that much precedent beforehand in the story. I almost feel like the fans are lobbying the author, casual or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.