Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always talk about thing that have narrative ground in the story, if you are inventing setups, it's on you.

Unlikely

So the fact that we don't know Carrot's parent is a mystery for Carrot by your standard ?

Is this even a race ?

Onigashima most probably.

Because he actually listens to her

Why should this matter ?
Onigashima was not confirm
Orges/oni are not race?
Yamato has shown to have father in in the story. We understand he was dick to his kid. The mystery still makes you wonder who Yamato’s mom what happened to her? That was never revealed to us within this arc.

I doubt that kaido of respects his child’s pronouns
The fact is carrot does not have any new story revelations coming from her as a character means your character is not relevant as a main character. She already had a good life going for her in Zou. Zou had been at peace for thousands of years until jack arrive. Her situation was already resolve by nonstrawhats characters, so she has no incentive for her to continue journey alongside with them. On top she did not take part in this raid. Her fight was completely skip in over in comparison to strawhats and there alliance. Even in this latest chapter carrot still is still background with no new story revelation coming from her character. There is no self doubt or grievances coming from her as a character as we have seen in this chapter. Yamato on other hand is very determine to leave wano travel with the strawhats to the point she refuse to eat or shower until Luffy woke up. Telling momo off that she believes he will become great samurai one day. Meaning Yamato does not have to train him or be mentor to him as you originally thought.
Post automatically merged:

Because like I said: Every strawhats once refused the call for adventure. Yamato will never refuse the adventure concerning the strawhat.. so them joining is unlikely.

A lot of headcanons, nothing setups by the story.. Pass..

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to her cahracter arc. Something each character must pass through. Like Usopp accepting that hid behavior got the better of him in water seven.

No there is not.
I just realize something you did not read entire thing did you?

Last edited:
Orges/oni are not race?
Hm.. fair enough but that's not a mystery, just her race.

The mystery still makes you wonder who Yamato’s mom what happened to her?
Not really, nothing has been setup in the story according that hole in the characterization.

I doubt that kaido of respects his child’s pronouns
Kaido respects strenght, his son's will is just that.

The fact is carrot does not have any new story revelations coming from her as a character means your character is not relevant as a main character
At the difference that a development has been setup in the story concerning Carrot mate. At least the possibility of a development > 1006. So...

Wrong.

Her situation was already resolve by nonstrawhats characters
Her situation is not yet resolved. Her arc is going beyond her battle with Perospero.

Her fight was completely skip in over in comparison to strawhats and there alliance.
Same ignorant argument as always. The fight did not matter, only the defeat did.

Meaning Yamato does not have to train him or be mentor to him as you originally thought.
That's only your interpretation.

I just realize something you did not read entire thing did you?
I did read the entire thing.

The "refusal of adventure" is still a thing? Yamato said she couldn't leave because of her exploding shackles, then Luffy solved her problem. It's literally the same as Brook's shadow.
No it's not. The refusal of the call for adventure, is something the character refuses to do. This doesn't even compare to Brook's refusing because of his Shadow.

For future plot points with Yamato, there's still Vegapunk and his experimentation on Oni/Kaido and what relationship there is between Oni, Ancient Giants, and Giants.
Perhaps, but none of that has been setup in the story. So.. unlikely.

No it's not, it's a refusal. Plain and simple mate.
You know, you're right. It's totally different how Brook at first wanted to join, then had to stop himself because there were extenuating circumstances, and how Yamato at first wanted to join then had to stop herself because there were extenuating circumstances. Very different. You're so brilliant at literary analysis.

You know, you're right. It's totally different how Brook at first wanted to join, then had to stop himself because there were extenuating circumstances, and how Yamato at first wanted to join then had to stop herself because there were extenuating circumstances. Very different. You're so brilliant at literary analysis.
You are twisting the wording here. Brook didn't stop himself he plainly refused mate. Completely different things. I will stop this conversation as you clearly don't understand the concept of refusal of the call for adventure.

No, contrary to those people, I base my reasonning on actual narrative knowledge. So, it's completely different.
I'll be frank, you're the most common people here who has the least (I say close to zero) reference on logic...

There are three possibilities for me:

- The arrival of an admiral could convince Yamato that staying is the right thing to do
- The presence of the beast Pirate could lead Yamato to want to stay to protect the country
- Momo could simply ask Yamato to stay.
  • Ryokugyu won't invade Wano...
  • They're already at peace with the people because they didn't become slaves... Some may have even left Wano but that's irrelevant...
  • That would be stupid, depriving Yamato of her dreams...

Like you guyz said, Yamato could be the weakest joining in the strawhats, that's for a good reason I already explained:

The non-presence of the refusal of the call to adventure.

- Zoro refused during his encounter
- Nami refused during Arlong park
- Usopp later refused to stay on water Seven, that refusal was prepared since the beginning.
- Sanji refused during baratie
- Chopper refused during Drum
- Robin later refused to leave with them during Ennie Lobby
- Franky refused during water seven
- Brook refused to take his shadow back on thriller bark
- Jinbe refused because of responsibilities during Fishmen Island

ALL the strawhat at one time refused to join the crew, that refusal sealed their future presence.

Yamato doesn't have that, worst she is doing the opposite.

This is why for now.. Yamato is still unlikely to join the crew.
:pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium:

THe thing is.. a refusal has been setup for Carrot.
Yeah right, Oda refuses to make that background character join... :pepelit:

Since we are entering the final saga, you all think we have room for more Strawhats after Yamato?
"Final arc" statement makes me think that Yamato may be the last... Though I believe Vivi will join the crew (doesn't matter if as a crew or not) going to Laugh Tale because she deserves it...

Okay if that's your reason then that means Yamato is just like Rockstar in Kaido crew 😭
I say, Rockstar is like Hawkins in the Beast Pirates or Tamago in the Big Mom Pirates...

Honestly I always felt ben beckman would fight either zoro or sanji. Possible Mihhawk if he is being recruited by shanks.
I always felt like luffy would have to fight shanks with his own crew without his allies backing him up. The fight would be more on friendly terms.
Mihawk would be Zoro's because Oda is setting up the Luffy-Zoro "parallel"... Sanji will fight Beckman to signify him as a bona fide YC1 tier...

He didn't. The SBS I linked above is from Oda saying who the captains are in Volume 101. That's my point, he's still considered a rookie.

Rockstar is with them in film red previews because he's the only other named character in Shanks' crew. But if you look closely, Shanks has other unique unknown members that arent officers.
Rockstar may be a rookie pre-timeskip, but like the SHs, he may have became powerful over the course of the story... Even Koby evolved from a fodder in MF arc to someone who became a threat even to the likes of Hancock...

Because like I said: Every strawhats once refused the call for adventure. Yamato will never refuse the adventure concerning the strawhat.. so them joining is unlikely.
Headcanon... Huang Piece logic doesn't work...

Yes there is, we don't know much Yamato's mom, we do not know much about the oni race, we have no idea where Yamato's was born, and we definitely do not know why Kaido refer Yamato's as son and how she was before she saw oden.
He prefers knowing why Carrot's cape is green... :pepecafe:

I always talk about thing that have narrative ground in the story, if you are inventing setups, it's on you.
But your approach is wrong:
  • Not sure if you really read One Piece holistically, it looks like you don't... You either read Huang Piece or only "analyze" parts where Carrot appears...
  • You're desperately applying BS which doesn't always apply to every literary works...
  • You're trying to be ahead of Oda, putting words into his mouth...
  • You ignore how the story works to favor your own agenda and propaganda...
  • Too much copium is dangerous to your health...

Status
Not open for further replies.