Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy said he wanted at AT LEAST 10 before entering the grandline

From an outside perspective there are cureently 10 Straw Hat Pirates counting the Captain but Luffy finding 10 means he has only recruited 9, also the "at least" part means thats the minium, I dont think that we're getting 30 more members but i dont think 10 is the limit
At most we'll probably get maybe between 12 and 14 (counting Luffy)

Well considering that all the roles are covered seems unlikely that we'll get another crewmate
Where did you learn to count? If Luffy wants 10 crew members, there's still room for one. And no, he doesn't count himself among his 10 men. This was confirmed in One Piece Magazine Vol. 10. In addition, this could only be a minimum number.
Read the numbers on the shirt bro. Brook's 9, so what would that make Jimbei?
Oda doesn't write the stuff in the magazine. It may as well be fanfiction
Post automatically merged:

So how much is there against Yamato at this point in regards to her not joining?
A lot
1. No role (Could literally just end it here cause this alone kills her chances of joining, but still)
2. Has nothing that she can do that no other Strawhat can do
3. Flashback was shorter than Kawamatsu's
4. Didn't meet the crew for the entire arc only to get some Carrot-tier minor gags
5. Almost everything Luffy has said to her is some variation on "Yeah" or "Where's Kaido?"
6. Guardian deity
7. Her big "meet the crew" moment got played off as a 1-panel minor gag
8. Her design is literally just Nami with horns
9. She's read spoilers via Oden's logbook
10. Her character arc is built around her loyalty to Wano/Momo

Last edited:
Well considering that all the roles are covered seems unlikely that we'll get another crewmate
Except there are still roles in the series that we dont have on the straw hats

Until jinbei joined Helmsman was one of them
We dont have a Vice Captain but if Zoro take up that officially then we wont have a Combatant Crewman anymore
And we also dont have a Ship Guard or Apprentice/ Cabin Boy

Which is why i say 14 since there are 3 left, but since Momo's done i dont think we'll get an apprentice anymore

We have one collective hope: the Earth
And yet, uncounted people remain hopeless, famine and calamity abound
Sufferers curl themselves into the arms of war
People kill and get killed in the name of someone else's concept of God
Do we admit that our thoughts and behaviors spring from a belief that the world revolves around us?
Each fabricated conflict, self-murdering bomb
Vanished airplane, every fictionalized dictator, biased or partisan, and wayward son
Are part of the curtains of society's racial, ethnic, religious, national, and cultural conflicts
And you find the human ego turning the knobs and pulling the levers
When I track the orbits of asteroids, comets, and planets
Each one a pirouetting dancer in a cosmic ballet, choreographed by the forces of gravity
I see beyond the plight of humans. I see a universe ever-expanding, with its galaxies embedded within the ever-stretching four-dimensional fabric of space and time
However big our world is, our hearts, our minds, our outsize atlases, the universe is even bigger
There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the world's beaches
More stars in the universe than seconds of time that have passed since Earth formed
More stars than words and sounds ever uttered by all humans who have ever lived
The day we cease the exploration of the cosmos is the day we threaten the continuing of our species
In that bleak world, arms-bearing, resource-hungry people and nations would be prone to act on their low-contracted prejudices
And would have seen the last gasp of human enlightenment
Until the rise of a visionary new culture that once again embraces the cosmic perspective

A perspective in which we are one, fitting neither above nor below, but within."

The day we cease the exploration of the cosmos is the day we threaten the continuing of our species
In that bleak world, arms-bearing, resource-hungry people and nations would be prone to act on their low-contracted prejudices
And would have seen the last gasp of human enlightenment
Until the rise of a visionary new culture that once again embraces the cosmic perspective

A perspective in which we are one, fitting neither above nor below, but within."
This is when the quote goes downhill. Lol

Who said that?

Read the numbers on the shirt bro. Brook's 9, so what would that make Jimbei?
Oda doesn't write the stuff in the magazine. It may as well be fanfiction

A lot
1. No role (Could literally just end it here cause this alone kills her chances of joining, but still)
2. Has nothing that she can do that no other Strawhat can do
3. Flashback was shorter than Kawamatsu's
4. Didn't meet the crew for the entire arc only to get some Carrot-tier minor gags
5. Almost everything Luffy has said to her is some variation on "Yeah" or "Where's Kaido?"
6. Guardian deity
7. Her big "meet the crew" moment got played off as a 1-panel minor gag
8. Her design is literally just Nami with horns
9. She's read spoilers via Oden's logbook
10. Her character arc is built around her loyalty to Wano/Momo

Bro are you dumb? Chapter 489 (Where Brook joins) is called "The Eighth", Jinbe is 9th to join, there is one more spot left.

If anyone wants a guide to how to discern the numbers of the Straw Hat Crew, here is one. Note this is my interpretation and is not official. It should line up with chapters. Note that chapter names do not line up 1:1 with crew members. An example is Chapters 648 and 967, neither are called "ninth person". If there are inconsistencies please clarify.
0th: Luffy (he started it, refer to end of Ch 1 for the "10 mates" thing)
1st: Zoro, right-hand
2nd: Nami, navigator
3rd: Usopp, vice-captain, Sogeking, Marksman, Lookout, God
4th: Sanji, cook, perv
5th: Chopper, kawaii, boku wa doctor
6th: Robin, best girl, Poneglyph reader
7th: Franky, chad, shipwright
8th: Brook, perv 2, musician, skeleton
9th: Jinbe, chad 2, Helmsman, fish
10th: Yamato, quartermaster, apprentice, trespasser, Momo's envoy (im sorry I dont think their potential role matters all that much, it might just have something to do with the Journal)
unlisted: Vivi (best Strawhat), had to stay behind in Arabasta, if Yams doesnt join she's already coming on board.

Tried to line it up with the chapter titles.

If you go by the SBS numbers, then Jimbei's number 10

Guy's a pseud
SBS would not line up 1:1 with canon. Ie it would just keep adding up numbers. I still think the reference point is Chapter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.