Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Luffy literally said "First I need crewmembers....I guess 10 men would do." aka getting 10 crewmembers. Luffy isn't a crewmember, but the captain.

-Luffy said he wants 10 people
-SH crew was originally supposed to be complete preskip with 10 crewmates.
-Oda said that aside from Jinbe, one more could be joining.

Everything points to 10. It's no coincidence that the "Luffy counts bringing it to 10" brigade is coming out to say Yamato going nowhere.

He said "my crew" and he's a part of the Strawhat crew
Post automatically merged:

Count again
Read the individual chapters please 1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Ussop
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jimbei
10. Unknown

Read the individual chapters please 1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Ussop
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jimbei
10. Unknown
Before you ask why did I. not count Chopper, Robin, and Jimbei they were never number int the individual chapters when they joined

However, you can assume
Chopper-was the fifth
Robin-was the sixth
Jimbei-was the ninth

Last edited:
- The chapter Brook joined is called "The Eighth", confirming he's the 8th crewmate. Luffy said he wanted 10 men.
- Blackbeard randomly got an extra main member after the timeskip to make it Ten Titanic Captains. The 10th captain and the 10th SH are both unknown.
- Oda's favorite sport growing up and is still supporting is soccer, which has 11 members on a team.
- OP magazine recently clarified that Luffy wasn't counting himself in his 10 men count. Jinbe is labeled as the 9th member and the last question hints at the count finally being reached soon.

- The chapter Brook joined is called "The Eighth", confirming he's the 8th crewmate. Luffy said he wanted 10 men.
- Blackbeard randomly got an extra main member after the timeskip to make it Ten Titanic Captains. The 10th captain and the 10th SH are both unknown.
- Oda's favorite sport growing up and is still supporting is soccer, which has 11 members on a team.
- OP magazine recently clarified that Luffy wasn't counting himself in his 10 men count. Jinbe is labeled as the 9th member and the last question hints at the count finally being reached soon.

1. Already explained that earlier
2. One of them's getting the Blueno treatment
3. COPE
4. OP magazine isn't written by Oda. It's glorified fanfiction

You don't understand the context of Luffy's words when he said that he needs at least 10 people... That's why I asked about the teacher counting himself or not in the class...
He needs 10 people. He is one of those people. Simple as

The tenth person on the crew, which includes Luffy…but I doubt the captain was including himself when he said he wanted ten nakama, he can’t be his own friend. I understand why that’s a difficult concept for you Yamato doubters to grasp, though :cheers:
He wants 10 crewmates
He is part of the Strawhat crew
Simple as

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
1. Already explained that earlier
2. One of them's getting the Blueno treatment
3. COPE
4. OP magazine isn't written by Oda. It's glorified fanfiction

He needs 10 people. He is one of those people. Simple as

He wants 10 crewmates
He is part of the Strawhat crew
Simple as
It’s wild that your argument against Yamato boils down to “Luffy considers himself his own friend and he cannot have more than ten friends or this series doesn’t make sense” :gokulaugh:

It’s wild that your argument against Yamato boils down to “Luffy considers himself his own friend and he cannot have more than ten friends or this series doesn’t make sense” :gokulaugh:
10 crewmates. The captain is a crewmate
This is supported by the fact that Luffy had 9 fingers held up

Cope and seethe
Damn you Oda for not having Yamato join already. Now we have to put up with dumb arguments like "Luffy saying he wants 10 nakama (aka friends aka not himself) means he's including himself."

This is worse than C4N's conspiracy theories.
"Nakama" is also used to mean "crewmate" and Luffy is a crewmate
Hope to see more personality like this from Yamato on the crew. She can get rough and tough when she feels teased, but not in a little sister bratty way like Nami either.

See, Yamato fans literally need to make up headcanon personality traits for her because she has no character outside of "I am Oden!!!!" They like the version of Yamato they created in their head instead of the bland merchbait that she actually is
BTW:
The captain represents the owner and hence is called "master." The captain is officially not considered to be a crew member(Wikipedia)
They don't call Luffy master, now do they?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Cope and seethe

See, Yamato fans literally need to make up headcanon personality traits for her because she has no character outside of "I am Oden!!!!" They like the version of Yamato they created in their head instead of the bland merchbait that she actually is

Look closer, he has ALL TEN FINGERS UP…is he counting himself *snort* AND Jinbe at this point in time, two years before even asking the Fishman and then several more weeks/months until he actually joined?? Could it be that this panel is, like everything else you’ve said, indicative of absolutely fucking NOTHING?! :broocry::broocry::broocry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cope and seethe

Doesn’t change the fact that he’s the captain. It’s the captain and his crew. And you’re making an assumption with the 9 fingers. Why would he not hold up all the fingers in his left hand if he’s counting from left to right?

Status
Not open for further replies.