Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Join the chadribou hype train
Lmao. I feel he is Blackbeards 10th captain but I wouldnt put it past Oda to truly fuck with us and have Caribou be the next SH. He is sadistic like that.

We've had Caribou since Sabaody Return arc right? He even was part of the fake SH crew?

I'm not a fan of his but the SHs do need a logia, I just wish they had gotten Monet's fruit or a wind logia though. Or even an oil one.

Honestly as much as I love her DF especially for personal reasons too, part of her design and such, I hate Yamato way too much for other reasons especially the Oden infatuation and hypocritically calling herself Kaidos son at times as well as the whole is she actually trans or not debacle. Also sometimes she calls herself the spawn of Kaido but other times she refers to herself as Oden, make your godamn mind up. Why does she fight like Kaido rather than Oden too? Why not learn swordsmanship and thus even the beloved 2 sword style that her own massive hero Oden uses too?

I've NEVER seen a more controversial and thus dividing character and topic in this entire community before too. If she does join too, its NEVER going to end either especially, even worser than Sanji vs Zoro, Monster Trio shit, shipping wars, Yonkos vs Admirals, Shanks vs Mihawk etc, sigh.

If Oda didnt write her terribly, I would want her on the crew faster than any other potential and actual confirmed crew member, even more than Jinbei maybe.

The SHs DESPERATELY need a new female member and a strong one at that especially and Yamato ticks those boxes perfectly BUT he insists on making her imitate a strong man constantly, making us think and be confused on whether she wants to be a man too and referred to as one and never had her overcome her own struggles of being "inferior" to the likes of Kaido and such.

She could have been the perfect Kuina 2.0 after Oda fucked up that with Tashigi especially and Kiku too but nah Oda hates women far too much for that evidently. Just see Smoothie and Big Mom for example. Or even the complete lack of mothers and their importance/roles in the series as a whole or even knowing who the fuck they are, where they are, what happened to them etc. And also how disgracefully Oda wrote Hiyori and Toki too, but this is getting into whole other branches of topics right now too.

Fuck man, in an ideal world, both Carrot and Yamato would have joined, Oda would have done both justice and written them both well and not to be completely ruined and neglected and insufferable, neglected and downplayed hard for Carrot and insufferable for Yamato. Yamato was also downplayed hard somewhat still imo but thats still another seperate branch I don't want to keep expanding out right now.

Frauda is gonna have Yamato join just so they can have their own Oden parallel and he can continue to wank Oden using Yamato as his vessel for that. Thats gonna be Yamatos main role, just to wank Oden off even more beyond his death a long time ago ffs.

Ironically her staying to protect Wano would be more thematically fitting to her character with her DF and to MAKE UP for Oden abandoning Wano and letting it get conquered and going to hell for years. She could make up for Odens mistakes but instead she's gonna end up repeating them potentially.

If Oda is gonna have her insisting on mimicking Oden so much too, is she gonna dance naked for 5 years and also get boiled/fried to death too?
Like would it have been that hard to give Yamato an actual goal to strive for? Oda once said every straw hat is written such that they could be the protagonist of their own story, and then to give us Yamato or Carrot two characters who not only don’t have their own stories, but don’t even have an actual character or arc to achieve is just sad

People can accept Yamato joining, but it doesn’t invalidate their grievances with her

I've NEVER seen a more controversial and thus dividing character and topic in this entire community before too.
lol community.

If your talking about this site, thats filled with the worst of the worst people of this fandom that makes up a small amount of people, probably the best for you to actually go beyond your own biases and home to look around and see none of this is true
Post automatically merged:

Well we are not as dumb as your idol Yamatrash.
I mean anyone can read your posts and see you're dumb as shit.

Heck would argue your King of the Short Bus but there are plenty candidates for that here.

Last edited:
G

Gorosei Informer

Like would it have been that hard to give Yamato an actual goal to strive for? Oda once said every straw hat is written such that they could be the protagonist of their own story, and then to give us Yamato or Carrot two characters who not only don’t have their own stories, but don’t even have an actual character or arc to achieve is just sad

People can accept Yamato joining, but it doesn’t invalidate their grievances with her
Exactly man. Yamato's whole thing could have been to learn the true history of the world, to see the outside world and see how little they know about it from how closed off Wano was from the world and also due to how much she was imprisoned by Kaido too.

Her whole arc should have been about her gaining her own independence and identity, breaking her metaphorical shackles as well as her own literal ones and becoming her own hero even, not imitating a long dead one.

The lack of character arcs and actual dreams for these characters is just sad. Where is the same for Jinbei too? We waited over 10 years for him to officially join too so Oda has had PLENTY of time to decide what to do with him too.

Tbh I'd just be happy with them joining regardless of dreams and character arcs but those would help a LOT too natrally ofc. They don't have to be as grand, complex, nuanced etc as other SHs especially so late/far into the story/game now but something would be nice.

It's such a mess how Oda is writing these 3 characters so far. At least Carrot went through a lot of screentime and character development over Pedro, although it would have been nice if she also accepted that Pedro sacrificed himself too and that his death was also his fault in a way too as he chose to sacrifice himself to save them. But she should have gotten the win over Perospero too regardless, that part bothers me the most.

Yamato should have been instrumental in taking down Kaido with others, maybe her and Luffy together and even fighting and beating Jack by herself imo and Carrot should have gottne the win over Perospero, even if she needed to team up with Wanda to do so. Actually Jack should have gone down to Neko and Inu and have Yamato fighting King with Zoro to make the fight make more sense and Yamato could have contrasted Kings loyalty to Kaido and how he respects and idolises Kaido and chastises her for not doing the same. We saw the Tobi Roppo don't like/respect King either so this could have come into play somehow too? Idk.

But these problems aren't exclusive to Wano, they are just more evident, more substantial because the arc is so dragged out, going on for multiple years now and thus so inflated and such. If Wano was MUCH shorter, we could have cared a lot less and moved onto the new arcs and thus like with previous arcs, just moved on from those characters and such unless Carrot and or Yamato joined ofc.

:pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium:
Post automatically merged:

My dear Yamato fans. We eat good this week.
@CarrotForNakama what do you think of this chapter? My favorite part was when Carrot… oh wait she wasn’t in it. :suresure::suresure:
Don't you worry. Carrot was busy eating all of Greenbull's grass that he made when he went on a rampage with his devil fruit. She doesn't have the time to show up this chapter. We all thought Carrot was gonna be the crew's lookout when she is actually the crew's lawnmower.

:cheers:

Somebody has to stay in Wano and mow the lawn. It's a perfect job for Carrot. Carrot can join the crew once she finishes eating all of Greenbull's vegetation, hopefully One Piece isn't finished before that happens.

:optimistic:

This isn't accidental, it's intentional on Oda's part. It's called subversive forshadowing. Carrot for lookout position was all a ruse by Oda. Why else would Oda have Carrot disappear and do nothing significant in this arc? Her real moment to shine comes after Greenbull greens Wano.

:kata:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
God, it does my heart good to see Jerami and whatever the fuck a “Wiwi” (Lili??) is crying their little eyes out once again…too bad their master isn’t around to lick their wounds, what a surprise that the pervert bitch has no convictions or loyalty to his dipshit cohorts. When are y’all leaving, boys?? You don’t like this series and everyone else here thinks you’re stupid fucking jokes, so truly, what’s the holdup??

God, it does my heart good to see Jerami and whatever the fuck a “Wiwi” (Lili??) is crying their little eyes out once again…too bad their master isn’t around to lick their wounds, what a surprise that the pervert bitch has no convictions or loyalty to his dipshit cohorts. When are y’all leaving, boys?? You don’t like this series and everyone else here thinks you’re stupid fucking jokes, so truly, what’s the holdup??
@Lili changed his original name cause they had a breakdown in a spoiler thread that people (including Reddit and on twitter) clowned on him and changed his name most likely cause of said spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.