Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was that obvious, how come you constantly had to change the goalposts to make an argument?
:kaidowhat:
Literally all the 6 or so reasons you gave didn't even turn out to be true? The Nami clone literally had a last minute change of heart to stay and be more like Oden(still cringe even typing this)

Your conlusion turned out to be right(we deserves lots some revenge shit talking), but let's not pretend the arguments themselves were solid lol
My argument was always that Yamao would 100% be staying with Momo at the end of the arc. That much was incredibly obvious. I predicted that her and Momo would have a significant relationship before they even met one another, simply based on the setup of her character.

I wasn't completely accurate about every precise detail since I'm not the author. But the main points that Yamao would definitely be staying with Momo and there was no chance of her joining, was incredibly obvious and forecasted a million times.

Meanwhile you couldn't even begin to wrap your head around the basic writing of a children's manga then and you still can't now, even whilst it's fucking you in the ass. Have shame.

:kaidowhat:
Literally all the 6 or so reasons you gave didn't even turn out to be true? The Nami clone literally had a last minute change of heart to stay and be more like Oden(still cringe even typing this)

The main argument (Her df meaning being the guardian of Wano) literally turned out to be true. Let me explain it to you: Notice how we didn't see the conversation she had with Luffy? She lied to Momo about wanting to explore Wano first because he wouldn't except it if she told him the truth which is that her and Luffy decided that someone powerful like Yamato needed to stay behind and protect them while Luffy is gone.

But that is not JOINING that is sneaking on the Sunny. That doesn’t mean she is a strawhat. And that’s the point. She can travel with them but doesn’t make her a Nakama. Yamato is already considere a Nakama but my prediction was that she would travel with them and that is why I take my L
Robin did that and became a Nakame, it would obviously be the same here, if Carrot stowed away.

Can anybody explain how people supporting Carrot and people supporting Yamato ended up going to war? I mean, is there any hidden rule that only one of them can join?
-Luffy wants 10 nakama
-BB pirates have 10 titanic captains
-RH pirates have 10 executives

Everything pointed towards there only being a single new member. Naturally sparks flew. Also a lot of people just hated Carrot and decided to bandwagon Yamao when they thought she could displace Carrot's chances.

But that is not JOINING that is sneaking on the Sunny. That doesn’t mean she is a strawhat. And that’s the point. She can travel with them but doesn’t make her a Nakama. Yamato is already considere a Nakama but my prediction was that she would travel with them and that is why I take my L
Careful, when I say "joining" I do not mean "becoming a strawhat". Joining just means being on board. But Being on board in that context means that Carrot would eventually become a strawhat, she would need a bit of development indeed, but it WILL happen.

Can anybody explain how people supporting Carrot and people supporting Yamato ended up going to war? I mean, is there any hidden rule that only one of them can join?
It's started long before the apperance of Yamato, a part of the fanbase was very toxic against Carrot fan (for no reasons) back in the whole cake days. TUrns out, that specific fanbase ended up liking yamato too.

Well, I was one of the people that never saw Yamato as Nakama in potential. She was never written like one, so her not joining for a reason or another is understandable. Her destiny is probably help in the final war as a captain of what remained of the BP.

Carrot is, in my opinion, not written as a Nakama and SH but, at the same time, she seem to have the potential to travel alongside them for a while before growing as her own character. So I can see her travelling with them for a time to grow as a leader and leave the crew later like Vivi.

Vivi is also a weird case. She is Nakama but, at the same time, she seems to be written like a non-permanent member. Someone that will join to solve her own issues and leave later, instead of keeping together with the crew. While I would love to see her again I don't think she is the final Nakama.

At the moment, Tama is, for me, the one that is better written to be a nakama. The fact that she was delayed because she lacks offensive potential adds to her Nakama points and is incredible similar to Jinbe. Considering that she was hinted since pre-ts, her connection to the crew and her backstory I would love her to join later, but I don't know if it will be in time to have adventures or just joining to fulfill the promise at the last minute.

I always thought Yamato would join though I don't particularly like her and maybe she still will after some arcs (perhaps in time for the confrontation with the Blackbeard Pirates) but for now, it's a shame, I guess. After all the arguments about why she's definitely joining, changing up the crew dynamics and what-not, can't say I'm not a little bit glad it didn't happen. No offense but things got a bit much in this thread and I don't mind Oda humbling some fans.

I'm still holding out hope for Carrot. If she doesn't join either then it's simply no one getting what they want aside from people that didn't want anyone this arc.

I'll take Vivi over either Yamato or Carrot though but I'd probably prefer if they all joined. Vivi being in trouble and her father being killed could lead to the Straw Hats meeting up with her again.

This whole situation is funny. Pro-Yamato arguments were objectively solid only for them to be wrong at the very last minute. They had no reason to change course till then.

Anti-Yamato arguments were objectively terrible but were became right at the very last minute, with none of their arguments being the reason Yamato stayed.

Yamato fans are toxic, but you're acting like Carrot fans aren't toxic. Carrot4Nakama has the exact same attitude, with the only difference being that their candidate was getting buried alive in the manga. This high and mighty attitude some of you are displaying gives serious WCI flashbacks.
I’d say some were very viable:
1. She had no role on the ship
2. She had no connection to the crew
3. She had no dream

These were all very viable reasons for her not to join because they show the biggest issue with Yamato, oda never built her character up properly as a straw hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.