Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
I am actually seeing a lot of backlash for this Yamato bait already. What will Oda do with the backlash? I mean if he shows Carrot on the Sunny after this, there may actually be a mob after him. And this is not just another weeb mob, this time he pissed off a part of the LGBTQ+ community with this bait.

He may actually end up bringing Yamato back to calm people down.

I am actually seeing a lot of backlash for this Yamato bait already. What will Oda do with the backlash? I mean if he shows Carrot on the Sunny after this, there may actually be a mob after him. And this is not just another weeb mob, this time he pissed off a part of the LGBTQ+ community with this bait.

That's exactly why I started fighting the Yamato train in the first place. The fanbase hyped up itself on the case of Yamato. Yamato was treated like any main arc character with a bit of merch because of their lore. People need to realize that Oda never promised Yamato for Strawhat.

Oh goddie. Here is some of mine

I always prepared for her not joining becusse of that dumbass Oden stuff. For me, she had to get rid of it to be a lock but she kept it till the end.

Yes indeed. Your end goal was Yamato staying with Momo and it indeed happened but the road getting there was ruff. You said Yamato must stay to protect Wano, switched to her leaving Wano alone, to her and Momo leaving together, then to Momo joining and leaving Yamato behind lol.

And I have once said Yamato will join. I always been vocal about how much a terrible character she is. I've always been open to her joining or staying and my reasons were stated above.

But I swear, if Carrot joins I'm remaining myself "Dizzy's Bitch" lmao

1. Jinbe didn't show a role until he joined.

2. Yamato had a connection with Luffy, and meet all the SHs after the main battle.

3. Her dream was to sail the seas and be free. Brooke wants to reunite with a whale and Usopp to be a brave warrior of the seas.

These arguments always had a good counter argument against them.
I mean
1. Jimbei’s role was an application of skills he had shown prior to WCI. Yamato had nothing like that
2. Yamato barely even talked to Luffy. Saying they had some deep bond is a stretch. The fact that Oda had her bond with the crew offscreen sorta shows that he didn’t think it was important enough to show, which is a problem since friendship/found family is a major theme in One Piece
3. Which means there was zero direction to take Yamato’s character if she joined

I’ve been saying this for months and no one listened :zosleepy:
Post automatically merged:

Remember how Oda said in a recent interview he was gonna make some choices that fans wouldn’t like?
I think he was talking about this

I'm not sure they have such an impact on Japan's sales, at the very least. And I think they are the only ones Oda would care about.

Lgbt presence is mostly in west no impact in japan.

Oda deliberately ran it home that Yamato was joining until the very last moment just to get more sales and merch./QUOTE]
There was nothing pointing to Yamato joining besides her ramblings. Literally nothing besides her ramblings.
During the raid she connected to Momo and Samurais. She was stated to be the guardian of wano in a series where it was made canon that the fruit affects the will of the user. Even when Aramaki attacked Oda made sure to show that wano was not strong enough to defend itself without the guardian.
Even when she talked like a madman to the crew that she would join, Oda made sure to remind the readers that it was not her who decided that and just her stating things as fact are not true.
She was created to sell merch but was never written to join or be a SH.
Edit: my bad.

I am actually seeing a lot of backlash for this Yamato bait already. What will Oda do with the backlash?
He will milk the One Piece cow as long as possible. As much as some fans hate his recent decision, the Yamato bait still managed to generate enough merch sales and many fans will continue being Yamato fans and still buying merch.
It's not too different from the Carrot situation really.

And this is not just another weeb mob, this time he pissed off a part of the LGBTQ+ community with this bait.
Don't forget that the raging LGBTQ+ cancel culture mobs are mostly a western phenomenon.
He couldn't care less about appeasing overseas fans.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳

there won't be anything almost no one in japan really cares

He's a marketing genius that sacrificed his whole manga to the God of money.

Congratulations Lolda.
I hope you're happy now. I never paid for your manga anyways :luffylaugh:
Damn lol. Though it's a stain, I doubt this affects the overall manga much lol. Next nakama thread will probably die and Yamato will be forgotten over more important characters and plots. Oden shit is done until Wano becomes relevant again for Pluton lol

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
He will milk the One Piece cow as long as possible. As much as some fans hate his recent decision, the Yamato bait still managed to generate enough merch sales and many fans will continue being Yamato fans and still buying merch.
It's not too different from the Carrot situation really.

Don't forget that the raging LGBTQ+ cancel culture mobs are mostly a western phenomenon.
He couldn't care less about appeasing overseas fans.
Do a lot of people actually buy these merch? The only anime I watched with friends/family are FMAB, DBZ and recently SxF. Can't even imagine bringing anime/manga merches home and not get thrashed by everyone I know.

He is gonna get canceled if he pisses of the wrong crowd.
Those people don't buy One Piece volumes in the first place. They barely purchase the things they want to promote.

Those ''people '' don't matter. They will scream for a while and then find something else to be offended about.

Status
Not open for further replies.