Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the people who think that if Carrot rejoined would have come out of nowhere:
Carrot was the one who inherited Pedro's will. Something we basically already knew that has now been 100% confirmed. Just like the other crew members, Carrot has an inherited will. The chapter 1056 ends with Carrot thinking about Pedro's will

So what exactly is Pedro's will? If we were to go from this chapter, the Minks make it seem like Pedro's will was to defend Zou. Yet that would be a complete retcon if true. Pedro's will wasn't to keep Zou safe. Pedro's will was join Roger and help him help to bring the Dawn.

Pedro was obsessed with the Dawn. His life was all about trying to discover how to bring it. When he was younger, he asked to join Roger. But Roger told him it would be his turn soon. Eventually when Pedro was old enough, he created a crew and set sail as the Nox Expedition team hoping to find a way to bring the Dawn of the world. He failed and had to tuck his tail between his legs and go back to Zou having not accomplished what he wanted (hm... remind you of anyone?)

Finally when Luffy arrived, he saw his next big hope to bring the Dawn and realised that this was his last chance to be of use. His new goal was to help Luffy and make sure he would be the one to bring the Dawn. To do this he left with Luffy and did everything he could to ensure Luffy could get the Poneglyph from Big Mom.

Then he died, but before he died he repeated Roger's words to Carrot "everyone has their turn". Pedro acknowledged Carrot. He honed her abilities and was there when she stowed away. This is why Pedro imparted his will on Carrot. He knew she had the potential to help accomplish his dream. He even told her just how important Luffy is and that she must help them survive this era.

Among his last words were "Yougara, have to move forwards." And what were Perospero's words to her "Go back home and chew on some grass." By going back to Zou, Carrot is moving backwards she's going against Pedro's will. I think this will be the realisation Carrot comes to.
And finally on Onigashima during her fight against Perospero her will was tested

Oda put himself in a situation where the only satisfactory conclusion for Carrot is to join the crew. Especially after chapter 1056. Almost everything indicates that Carrot will join Luffy.

Last edited:
L

Little Cahokia

For all the people who think that if Carrot rejoined would have come out of nowhere:
Carrot was the one who inherited Pedro's will. Something we basically already knew that has now been 100% confirmed. Just like the other crew members, Carrot has an inherited will. The chapter 1056 ends with Carrot thinking about Pedro's will

So what exactly is Pedro's will? If we were to go from this chapter, the Minks make it seem like Pedro's will was to defend Zou. Yet that would be a complete retcon if true. Pedro's will wasn't to keep Zou safe. Pedro's will was join Roger and help him help to bring the Dawn.

Pedro was obsessed with the Dawn. His life was all about trying to discover how to bring it. When he was younger, he asked to join Roger. But Roger told him it would be his turn soon. Eventually when Pedro was old enough, he created a crew and set sail as the Nox Expedition team hoping to find a way to bring the Dawn of the world. He failed and had to tuck his tail between his legs and go back to Zou having not accomplished what he wanted (hm... remind you of anyone?)

Finally when Luffy arrived, he saw his next big hope to bring the Dawn and realised that this was his last chance to be of use. His new goal was to help Luffy and make sure he would be the one to bring the Dawn. To do this he left with Luffy and did everything he could to ensure Luffy could get the Poneglyph from Big Mom.

Then he died, but before he died he repeated Roger's words to Carrot "everyone has their turn". Pedro acknowledged Carrot. He honed her abilities and was there when she stowed away. This is why Pedro imparted his will on Carrot. He knew she had the potential to help accomplish his dream. He even told her just how important Luffy is and that she must help them survive this era.

Among his last words were "Yougara, have to move forwards." And what were Perospero's words to her "Go back home and chew on some grass." By going back to Zou, Carrot is moving backwards she's going against Pedro's will. I think this will be the realisation Carrot comes to.
And finally on Onigashima during her fight against Perospero her will was tested

Oda put himself in a situation where the only satisfactory conclusion for Carrot is to join the crew. Especially after chapter 1056. Almost everything indicates that Carrot will join Luffy.
You see this is thing for me. No one has ever come up with a good reason for her to stay in Zou. Even the One Piece subreddit are kinda waking up and actually looking at her character.

Peppercore

(☝◞‸◟)☞ 𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚙
You see this is thing for me. No one has ever come up with a good reason for her to stay in Zou. Even the One Piece subreddit are kinda waking up and actually looking at her character.
thats cause there is none. no matter how silly one thinks yamato staying, people can at least give/think of reasons to explain it. with carrot its like...she's staying in zou because...because...she's a mink i guess...oda wanted her out the story? maybe

I still question the morality of this pair...
Post automatically merged:

thats cause there is none. no matter how silly one thinks yamato staying, people can at least give/think of reasons to explain it. with carrot its like...she's staying in zou because...because...she's a mink i guess...oda wanted her out the story? maybe
She is staying because Zou needs a ruler fitting for this new age, its more straight foward than Yamato's last minute mental gymnastics

Yeah it would honestly be bad writing if Carrot stays in Zou, say what you want about Yamato staying, but there are legitimate reasons for her to stay, hers was more bad and rushed execution over anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.