Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thata how I feel about most Wano conclusions
Post automatically merged:

The difference is that the SHs are already that, SHs, they already had their own arcs and its somewhat ok for Oda to sideline them for 1 arc since there are others to come, but to sideline a character that is supposed to join right after it? That doesnt make sense imo, especially when Carrot lacks a LOT of characterization and development and Oda found it better to create a filler character like Yamato instead of giving Carrot all of that panel time
Post automatically merged:

I get what you are saying, I'm just pointing out how this conclusion being lack luster isnt evidence that there is more to come, since a lot of stuff in Wano was like that, and how Carrot becoming Duchess is similar to Momo becoming Shogun in a lot of ways so its very possible that, in Oda's mind, that makes sense as a conclusion
at least everyone has a smile, now compare it to Carrot

WCI is a setup arc for Carrot. Not a resolution.
Carrot developpement -
Essentially Carrot has had quite a bit of subtle development since she first appeared on the Sunny. It often gets ignored but it is there. When we first see Carrot, she's naive and boisterous. She believes Pirating is an adventure and seemingly doesn't care about the consequences. Since then her mentor has died, she has been forced to face the reality that the life of a Pirate is serious and that she needs to grow up and accept that it comes with harsh realities.

at least everyone has a smile, now compare it to Carrot

WCI is a setup arc for Carrot. Not a resolution.
Carrot developpement -
Essentially Carrot has had quite a bit of subtle development since she first appeared on the Sunny. It often gets ignored but it is there. When we first see Carrot, she's naive and boisterous. She believes Pirating is an adventure and seemingly doesn't care about the consequences. Since then her mentor has died, she has been forced to face the reality that the life of a Pirate is serious and that she needs to grow up and accept that it comes with harsh realities.
Carrot at the beggining of WCI

Carrot a few hours after Pedro's death

I really cant see this development Carrot fans talk so much, she didnt change at all as far as see

L

Little Cahokia

Carrot at the beggining of WCI

Carrot a few hours after Pedro's death

I really cant see this development Carrot fans talk so much, she didnt change at all as far as see
I think their point is for scenes or moments that should just be for the Strawhats why is Carrot grouped with them like she is apart of the crew? I think this is point that's the point that is getting lost here.

L

Little Cahokia

But Carrot disappeared right before the big strawhat double spread inside Onigashima....
Yeah, why she would apart of it? She's not apart of the crew and we didn't iconic posing scene with Jinbei as an offical Strawhat at the time. (You can include Fishman but like I said Jinbei didn't join yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.