Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, why she would apart of it? She's not apart of the crew and we didn't iconic posing scene with Jinbei as an offical Strawhat at the time. (You can include Fishman but like I said Jinbei didn't join yet.)
Wait... So jimbe was included in the strawhats double spread in fishmen island even before we knew he was going to join but Carrot just disappeared before the Onigashima one?
This isn't looking very good for carrot supporters....

L

Little Cahokia

again this does not erase WCI
it's not because Wano exists that WCI is deleted
she's not disappeared on Wano eh
Couldn't say it any better.
Post automatically merged:

Wait... So jimbe was included in the strawhats double spread in fishmen island even before we knew he was going to join but Carrot just disappeared before the Onigashima one?
:milaugh::seriously:Bruh...

toei setting me up with all those group shots with carrot smh
even in the manga she is represented with them

from a Tama fan...

L

Little Cahokia

six years oda...no smile, no goodbye...not even a cute teary farwell from the strawhats to the minks...no last gags...truly a dark time wano was. luckily my fav arc still is wci
On top of that for me, Carrot (and Yamato to an extent ngl) is the only character I want to join the crew as much as Vivi.

from a Tama fan...
Tama was included in all panels of Yamato's first meeting with the crew for no apparent reason...
She was also front and center on that goodbye panel, getting a more prominent spot than even Yamato, without even having to appear in the rest of the chapter. :cheers:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after losing to Perospero, was Carrot ever seen with the strawhats again outside that bath background appearance that had Tama on the foreground saying she wanted to be like Nami?:suresure:

Tama was included in all panels of Yamato's first meeting with the crew for no apparent reason...
She was also front and center on that goodbye panel, getting a more prominent spot than even Yamato, without even having to appear in the rest of the chapter. :cheers:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after losing to Perospero, was Carrot ever seen with the strawhats again outside that bath background appearance that had Tama on the foreground saying she wanted to be like Nami?:suresure:
it's not as if she had time to meet knowing that everyone was busy on his side to fight

Last edited:

and during her fight against Perospero her will was tested when he told her to go back to Zou eating grass while Pedro told her to go ahead

it's not as if he had time to meet knowing that everyone was busy on his side to fight
Didn't we see her during Momo's speech while Tama was crying in Nami's arms?
Didn't we see her with the Minks during the party? (where Tama was later seen with Nami and Zeus I might add)

and during her fight against Perospero her will was tested when he told her to go back to Zou eating grass while Pedro told her to go ahead
I do sympathize with Carrot fans, Oda really did you guys dirty by ending her story with her obeying Perospero like that. Forming the new nox pirates would have been a more dignified end.

But you just have to accept that Oda really likes his villains. This is exactly the same thing as the arguments around Yamato not staying to guard Wano because that would be doing exactly what Kaido told her to do.

Last edited:
Didn't we see her with the Minks during the party? (where Tama was later seen with Nami and Zeus I might add)

I do sympathize with Carrot fans, Oda really did you guys dirty by ending her story with her obeying Perospero like that. Forming the new nox pirates would have been a more dignified end.
recreates a Nox crew makes no sense like her being the ruler of Zou
Pedro created the crew of the Nox because Roger the one who was going to bring the dawn is dead and she has no leadership quality

L

Little Cahokia

But you just have to accept that Oda really likes his villains. This is exactly the same thing as the arguments around Yamato not staying to guard Wano because that would be doing exactly what Kaido told her to do.
This is the interesting about the 5+ year discussion around Carrot. Everyone outside her fan base and some rational fans has always made a double standard against her yet Carrot fans never did this with any other candidate.

This is the interesting about the 5+ year discussion around Carrot. Everyone outside her fan base and some rational fans has always made a double standard against her yet Carrot fans never did this with any other candidate.
What double standard? I just listened her appearances after the raid since he said she didn't have time during the raid. I took the opportunity to compare it to Tama's appearances at a similar time since the evnsater guy implied Tama didn't appear with the stawhats as much with his "coming from a Tama fan" post. I also compared Carrot and Yamato's moments in equal footing.
Please explain what you mean by double standards. The only thing I can think of is that one panel of Tama with the gifters, but using that would be disingenuous since Tama was also seen with Nami during the festival.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
We back to Carrot? She has many glaring issues when it comes to being a SH.

1) She completely lacks a backstory. All of the SHs didn't have an easy past and their struggles shaped them into who they are today, along with being a big part of the themes of their recruitment arc. Carrot seems to have been completely happy with Zou with the biggest conflict among the Minks being the Dukes' bickering.

2) Each SH was a major part of their recruitment arcs in both execution wise and thematically. They contrasted the main villain and needed Luffy and the SHs to solve their problems. Carrot's biggest role was in WCI and she was a supporting character at best, having little to do with the overarching themes. In Wano, she has even less to do with the themes and was completely separated from the main conflict along with getting off paneled. The 2 closest things she had to an arc villain, being Jack and Perospero, were supporting villains who got beaten by other characters.

Carrot so far lacks the biggest things that all the other SHs share, and the best arguments for Carrot so far is that either Carrot is so special that she'll be the first SH who doesn't need them, or that Oda might do something later to swerve the reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.