Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Carrot stowaway, she is bound to shine sooner or later.

There are multiple possibilities but right now, I think she could justify this move by not wanting the responsibilities. Carrot will most likely not be an official member until much later.
Yes, I also believe she's meant to find moments to stand out while on the crew. However, if she's on the ship, it can't just be as an unofficial tagalong anymore. When Nami joined, despite all the developments that only happened later, she was still considered part of the crew. Same with Usopp, same with Robin. And if Carrot is on the ship with the intention of staying on it and Luffy accepts that, that in itself earns her the right to be called a crewmate.

Yes, I also believe she's meant to find moments to stand out while on the crew. However, if she's on the ship, it can't just be as an unofficial tagalong anymore. When Nami joined, despite all the developments that only happened later, she was still considered part of the crew. Same with Usopp, same with Robin. And if Carrot is on the ship with the intention of staying on it and Luffy accepts that, that in itself earns her the right to be called a crewmate.
Fair

I feel like this completely unnecessary flashback about Yamato in 1059 was just to wrap up her not joining thing once and for all. Like a way to clear the path once and for all and start a new chapter in the "joining race" right from 1060. Either Carrot or someone new, but definetely Carrot.
If it's to wrap it up, then why is Yamato still bringing up wanting to be part of the crew?

The last chapter clearly shows she wanted to protect wano.

She will likely join after wano borders are lifted.
If Yamato joins then Momo, Kin'emon, and Tama will join as well which is far too many crewmates and would be an unprecedented move by Oda.

Besides, Luffy has a stronger connection to Momo and Kin'emon knowing them since Punk Hazard while also stating to want a ninja since Zou (maybe as far back as Alabasta) which helps Tama's (and Raizo's) case. Yamato does not have any real narrative edge to be recruited over the others nor any noticeable foreshadowing before Wano that I can recall.

They will likely all join Luffy as allies during the Final War after Wano's borders are opened to use Pluton to team up with Poseidon (Shirahoshi) and probably Uranus. Unless Caribou tells the unknown person those details that changes those options.

Status
Not open for further replies.