Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrots a filler character? lmao bro if you're gonna say dumbshit then just dont post lol

How has she never been essential to the plot when her actions saved the half the SH's and the Sunny from sure death and destruction. Please fanfic your way out of this predicament without Carrot along for the ride. I honestly curious to how they survive this in your mind

I'm sorry to tell you this, but he believes that Oda could have written a way that Jinbe could explain his helmsman capabilities last minute to Nami so that he could take care of Daifuku's fleet in a more efficient manner than Sulong Carrot by ripping off their rudder even though it was his helming that kept their distance from Big Mom/Perospero and prevented them from catching up. And apparently in a fraction of the time to, all the while swimming back to the Sunny, resume his duty as helmsman, and keep the distance.

Yes, I know.

Carrots a filler character? lmao bro if you're gonna say dumbshit then just dont post lol

How has she never been essential to the plot when her actions saved the half the SH's and the Sunny from sure death and destruction. Please fanfic your way out of this predicament without Carrot along for the ride. I honestly curious to how they survive this in your mind

And Carrot has the tools to be an exceptional lookout. She jumps high af with relative ease and even becomes stronger during the night with a sulong transformation. Brooke doesn't need to be an exception musician, usopp didnt need to be a exceptional sniper to join. Like Luffy doesnt even care that these people are amazing at their job's to offer them to join the crew. They all turn out to be and again there's nothing stopping Carrot from excelling at the lookout role.

And im sure you've probably already seen this but ima drop it on you again anyway lmao

This is what doing your job well looks like. Don't let you dislike for a character cloud your reasoning.

As for the Sanji and Pedro Carrot dynamic, like I said you don't need story beats and plot points spoon fed to you to observe logical actions and reactions (and it even was lmao)
When another character can replace said character in the plot, then that character is not essential to the plot.
Can Pedro's knowledge of Big Mom's Poneglyph and his past history on WCI be switched by someone else? No
Can Pekoms saving Luffy and capturing Brulee be done by someone else? No
Can Sulong Carrot disabling Daifuku's fleet be done by someone else? Yes

Carrot could be an exceptional Lookout on an average pirate crew, not on the future Pirate King's crew. Chopper's jumping point can do just that. Brook became a world wide superstar post time skip cause his music moves people souls and Usopp's going to be the King of Snipers. When Oda gave Jinbe an incredible feat for something as unremarkable as an helmsman, is when he made it clear that every position on the crew would need to be filled by characters who are extraordinary at their respective task. If there is a Lookout position, Carrot's abilities are not enough to fulfill it on Luffy's crew.

A marvelous collection of lunatic fanboys.

There never was a dynamic between Sanji and Pedro or Sanji and Carrot or Pedro and Carrot. Yeah Carrot is truly a filler character.

The last line is generally saying how they must escape, but the dialogue is a continuation of his conversation with Carrot before he tells her to help the crew disembark.

I'm not exactly sure how this was missed on you or if you are construing it in a way where the last words are Pedro's monologue when they were illustrated as Carrot and Pedro's final conversation before he blew himself up.
For there to be a conversation, there need to be a back and forth. Pedro is ignoring her all the time, he's not entrusting anything to Carrot, he's simply voicing his last peace and what he dedicated his life to.

Now let me say this, I'm not fan of Yamato at all and never consider her as new crew member, BUT
I will say, that Luffy is next Xebec so there is possibility to get Yamato in his crew, as legit daugther of Kaido, but yes I also believe that Yamato for now is just possesed by Oden soul, so I believe she will be free in the end of arc and will join Luffy as Yamato, not like Oden, but again it could sound crazy, case why she has to join Luffy's crew, if her father was their enemy, that made me think about main question: "How Kaido will die?" I'm sure that if he will be defeated he will just respect his opponents, not just hate them, while there will be someone who will kill Kaido, and that one will be Luffy's and Kaido's enemy. So that could explane why daughter of Kaido himself will join Luffy's crew: a) She has litteraly nowhere to go and nowhete to stay; b) Luffy will be someone who has respect of her father and enemy of the one who murdered her father.
Now continue with this idea of Xebec I believe that Nami will somehow get Zeus again, or devil fruit of BigMom, case now it's could be obviosly that Zeus thing is permanent, case too much pages was used on this by author, and I don't see any explanation of this except fact that Oda planned to give this thing(or fruit) to Nami. Now I also saw the possibilty of Big Mom death in this arc, maybe even from one person who will kill Kaido, so fruit thing could became reality. And yes, continue with Idea Luffy=Xebec, Nami when she eat fruit will became next "Big Mom".
So with that said we will get Luffy who is "Xebec", with team:Yamato as Kaido; Nami as Big Mom; Zoro as Edward Newgeith "Whitebeard" and Sanji as "Lion" Shiki.
I see much bigger possibility for Yamato to join crew than Jinbei or Carrot.

Last edited:
A lot are saying that Vivi needs to get stronger before she rejoins the crew, but consider the following,

Usopp was weak as Marine fodder when he first joined the crew and only gotten stronger since fighting jobbers like Chu and Miss Merry Christmas/Mr 4.

And let’s not forget how weak Nami was before Alabasta and especially Enies Lobby.

Who’s to say that she can’t get out of her rustiness of fighting when she becomes a pirate again?

When another character can replace said character in the plot, then that character is not essential to the plot.
Can Pedro's knowledge of Big Mom's Poneglyph and his past history on WCI be switched by someone else? No
Can Pekoms saving Luffy and capturing Brulee be done by someone else? No
Can Sulong Carrot disabling Daifuku's fleet be done by someone else? Yes

Carrot could be an exceptional Lookout on an average pirate crew, not on the future Pirate King's crew. Chopper's jumping point can do just that. Brook became a world wide superstar post time skip cause his music moves people souls and Usopp's going to be the King of Snipers. When Oda gave Jinbe an incredible feat for something as unremarkable as an helmsman, is when he made it clear that every position on the crew would need to be filled by characters who are extraordinary at their respective task. If there is a Lookout position, Carrot's abilities are not enough to fulfill it on Luffy's crew.

A marvelous collection of lunatic fanboys.

There never was a dynamic between Sanji and Pedro or Sanji and Carrot or Pedro and Carrot. Yeah Carrot is truly a filler character.

For there to be a conversation, there need to be a back and forth. Pedro is ignoring her all the time, he's not entrusting anything to Carrot, he's simply voicing his last peace and what he dedicated his life to.
Ok so one that logic is very flawed. Technically you can head canon any situation and render the person involved not essential. Like you just did lol Im arguing actual story plot lines and your arguing fan fic cuz you dont like Carrot. Im not even a huge Carrot fan but she's dope and fits the crew like a glove. Again, Jinbei was shown to be an exceptional Helmsman, brooke evolved his musical capabilities, both cases were shown after they were considered SH's already. You saying Carrot cannot do that as-well is pretty arbitrary. You also didn't address my she gets stronger during a full moon argument for her lookout potential.

Also your definition of filler is inaccurate but you already know that. Theres no actual story based word for what you believe she is because your thought process is skewed and filler was the closest thing lol

But its all good man. Choose to view it how you want. If she joins you will be trolled and seemingly upset. If she doesn't you and others will troll and I'll be upset. We gon have to wait and see

Carrots eyes makes her the perfect lockout. Do you know how much vitamin A is in carrots?

Though robin would make a much better lookout with her abilities. Can make use of tools(scope) and look all directions at the same time while sipping coffee and reading books inside.
Post automatically merged:

Oda is much younger than I thought he was
He supposedly wants to end one piece before he becomes 50 and do a world tour.
Post automatically merged:

Well one super douchey tone to start lol

The Bolded isn't true. Were not children, everything shouldn't need to be on panel typed out for you to make plotpoint connections.

Sanji and the SH's made the decision to rescue Zou then actively put in the work to save the country as shown below

(Sanji and Pedro)

(Pedro's Respect for Sanji)

So Pedro had respect and admiration for Sanji (who also after already saving Zou seemingly left under the hostage of a Yonko in part to prevent another all out war on Zou)

Carrot's scene with Sanji is representative that his actions and decisions lead to this moment where now Pedro is dead and Sanji must reflect on those very actions and decisions and the consequences of them. Seeing Carrot crying there should and will always weigh heavily on him.

At the italicized, Even in your statement of the correct japanese translation wouldn't that be Pedro grouping Carrot in with the SH's lmao

I personally never read to deep into Pedro's last words revolving Carrot myself but theres MANY reasons she'd be a great SH's member imo and I'd loved to see her join. Carrot as a lookout just fits perfectly, her design is dope but also doesnt standout too much (She's easily identifiable/doesnt resemble other crewmates) already has several different dynamics with other crew members - Chopper, Nami, Sanji (still waiting on the Luffy front) she's strong enough to hold her own in the coming battles, represents the minks (I believe the SH's will have member of each major faction in the crew or grandfleet and carrot doesn't have captain aspirations just longing for adventure.

She's was shown very early in the Arc she was introduced which is common for eventual SH crew-members.

Starting to have my doubts on Yamato however lol
Why did you spend so much effor for this. XD

Last edited:
Carrot fit to join because we already see her unique character different race, different fighting style, different job on the ship, different personalities which you guys says we have chopper alredy but just like almost the as sanji and brooks both are perveted in their own style. There also some tragic/sad past. ( not all strawhats has tragic past. Zorro only sad past, luffy himself has only sad or I can consider luffy only has hard life which he still live happily with dadan and ace etc compare to others which lost their mother/father figure). Pedro can be consider how tom to franky a mentor or father figure which Pedro the one who make Carrot use the claw because she is not good with sword. Carrot want to be strong and want to become musketeers or guardian being isolated because she cannot use swords can be consider another sad past if oda expand the story how Pedro help Carrot use claws. For ambiton/dream the dawn is already a pass. Carrot fits all the reqirement already different in all requirements personality, race, job, fighting style, sad story, ambition. The reason I and others does not like her because she just weak. She cannot even fight gifters when Jack crew attacks Zou. Yamato seems strong but I like Ulti more just imagine her mocking Sanji stupid or annoying and arguing with Luffy wiill be more interesting but sadly she does not have strong will already being brainwashed by Kaido believing Kaido is the one who be PK and if she join Page One will also joins which will never happening. So Sad.....

What ?

Sulong Carrot is a monster. She > Daifuku imo.

Even base carrot would beat everyone except the monster trio, Jinbei and Robin. Maybe Franky Shogun could beat her but I don’t know. Depends on how much he got upgraded for Wano.

If Franky built a Kaido-buster armour he legit strongest in the crew.
Base carrot cannot beat Brook. Don’t disrespect my man Brook.

Daifuku not strong enough lol.... plus she did not beat/defeat Daifuku, her focus destroying ship. Carrot just lack the excitement or the uhhmmm effect, the feeling ooooo we want her, even though Oda has the intention to make her the next nakama. Of course she stronger than weak trio which also fits seems Oda intention was Usop will always be weakest of all. Btw I dont put Chopper to be weakling though

Status
Not open for further replies.