Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Identifying a role for Yamato if she were to join the Straw Hat Pirate crew is a very curious task. Not only because barely anything has been revealed about a role required for the Straw Hat Pirates for the remainder of the journey but also because nothing concrete has been associated with Yamato in terms of what role she could perform. We also have to take into account the stage the story of One Piece is at because with the conclusion of One Piece in sight for Oda, they may not be much room left for adventuring reducing the need for traditional ship roles. Rather, if a character were to join the crew at this point in time, their main role within the crew would be story-driven. A secondary role performing task onboard the ship would arise as a byproduct from that story-driven role they primarily represent.

So what role could Yamato serve while journeying with the Straw Hat Pirates? To find that out, we can look at the character whom inspires Yamato the most, Kozuki Oden. The logkeeper role Oden performed may or may not have relevance to Yamato, but I feel the logbook/journal was primarily introduced as a story-driving device as opposed to setting up a new role a character could perform going forward. The journal was needed for Yamato to become who she is and will become the indirect reason for Wano Kuni's liberation. Beyond recording his adventure in the journal and being a Daimyo, Oden actually performed other roles through his life. He was a powerful Samurai AND had attained the rank of Chief Stonemason when he worked in the quarry when he was a prisoner.

I had mentioned in my previous post that the journal Oden kept may have the teachings of the Oden Nitoryu Style recorded within it. But what about the Stonemasonry skills the Kozuki Clan were renowed for? If Oden believed the Oden Nitoryu Style and the art of Stonemasonry reflected the culture of the Kozuki Clan, would he not have attempted to keep its existence alive by making a record of it for his son and future generations? This would have been even more important for Oden to consider when taking into account the state Wano Kuni was in before Oden resolved to challenge Kaido.

The journal Yamato possesses which she expressed contains "very important things" could be the avenue in which the restoration of the Kozuki culture can progress. In short, Yamato's role going forward could be to serve the purpose of helping to restore the Kozuki Clan's culture. If Yamato is to help restore the Oden Nitoryu Style and the Kozuki Stonemasonry Art, she could be a Stonemason/Apprentice Stonemason. Journeying with the Straw Hat Pirates could help Yamato come to master the Oden Nitoryu Style (she would have access to the future greatest swordsman to train with) and find out valuable information needed to revive of art of Kozuki craftmanship (stonemasonry) i.e. the art of Poneglyph making.

Once the Straw Hat Pirates reach Laugh Tale and the respective members return to their "home", Yamato can return to Wano Kuni and pass on the knowledge she acquired and even developed onto Momonosuke/Hiyori.

On a side note, seeing the incredible job Yamato is doing protecting both Momonosuke and Shinobu, she could be the Defender of the Straw Hat Pirates.

Just some of my thoughts on the possibilities existing.

Identifying a role for Yamato if she were to join the Straw Hat Pirate crew is a very curious task. Not only because barely anything has been revealed about a role required for the Straw Hat Pirates for the remainder of the journey but also because nothing concrete has been associated with Yamato in terms of what role she could perform. We also have to take into account the stage the story of One Piece is at because with the conclusion of One Piece in sight for Oda, they may not be much room left for adventuring reducing the need for traditional ship roles. Rather, if a character were to join the crew at this point in time, their main role within the crew would be story-driven. A secondary role performing task onboard the ship would arise as a byproduct from that story-driven role they primarily represent.

So what role could Yamato serve while journeying with the Straw Hat Pirates? To find that out, we can look at the character whom inspires Yamato the most, Kozuki Oden. The logkeeper role Oden performed may or may not have relevance to Yamato, but I feel the logbook/journal was primarily introduced as a story-driving device as opposed to setting up a new role a character could perform going forward. The journal was needed for Yamato to become who she is and will become the indirect reason for Wano Kuni's liberation. Beyond recording his adventure in the journal and being a Daimyo, Oden actually performed other roles through his life. He was a powerful Samurai AND had attained the rank of Chief Stonemason when he worked in the quarry when he was a prisoner.

I had mentioned in my previous post that the journal Oden kept may have the teachings of the Oden Nitoryu Style recorded within it. But what about the Stonemasonry skills the Kozuki Clan were renowed for? If Oden believed the Oden Nitoryu Style and the art of Stonemasonry reflected the culture of the Kozuki Clan, would he not have attempted to keep its existence alive by making a record of it for his son and future generations? This would have been even more important for Oden to consider when taking into account the state Wano Kuni was in before Oden resolved to challenge Kaido.

The journal Yamato possesses which she expressed contains "very important things" could be the avenue in which the restoration of the Kozuki culture can progress. In short, Yamato's role going forward could be to serve the purpose of helping to restore the Kozuki Clan's culture. If Yamato is to help restore the Oden Nitoryu Style and the Kozuki Stonemasonry Art, she could be a Stonemason/Apprentice Stonemason. Journeying with the Straw Hat Pirates could help Yamato come to master the Oden Nitoryu Style (she would have access to the future greatest swordsman to train with) and find out valuable information needed to revive of art of Kozuki craftmanship (stonemasonry) i.e. the art of Poneglyph making.

Once the Straw Hat Pirates reach Laugh Tale and the respective members return to their "home", Yamato can return to Wano Kuni and pass on the knowledge she acquired and even developed onto Momonosuke/Hiyori.

On a side note, seeing the incredible job Yamato is doing protecting both Momonosuke and Shinobu, she could be the Defender of the Straw Hat Pirates.

You’re just the gift that keeps on giving aren’t you? Lol

it’s way better than the apprentice Role I can tell you that. You know I can imagine Luffy and other characters sending a secret message in someway for other people for future generation to read

There are a few official positions that are in the series that arent occupied in the SH crew

• 2nd Mate
Cabaji of Buggy's crew and Ideaman from the Kreig Pirates are two that come to mind immediately. They are 2nd in command after the Vice Captain, another name for this position is chief of Staff outside of pirate crews
  • Vice Captain
Some may argue that Zoro is the Vice Captain of the SH crew and i agree, but officially there is no one who has this position, but till Zoro is OFFICIALLY recognized in this position, it is vacant
  • Combatant Crewman
This is the position that Zoro currently occupies as the Fighter/Swordsman but if/once Zoro is officially the Vice Captain this position will be open, the only other person that we've seen to have this position is Killer from Kid's crew
  • Ship Guard
only been one crew that have had this and thats Captain Kuro's crew, the Nyaban Brothers, their main job is guarding the ship when docked or just in general
  • Cabin Boy/Apprentice
Shanks and Buggy on Roger's crew, Kaido on the Rocks and Marco in the Whitebeard crew
  • Assassin
Daz Bonez and Hyouzou on the fishman pirates, specialize in moving in and taking out specific targets
  • Advisor
the only person to have this position is Vito on Capone's crew and he gives advise to the captain when it seems it needed (think this is pretty much the vice captain's role or it only exists in crews where the captain doesnt value the crew's opinion)
  • Earner
Someone on the crew who sole job is to earn money or find jobs to make money for the crew (Ace invited Isuka to be an Earner as a bounty hunter in the Ace novel)

Honestly none of these positions are essential but this far in the series the new members are pretty much going join for story purposes or powerhouses to add to the battle strength so whoever joins after this arc might fall in one of these positions

Like what we know yamato current dream is to open wano kuni just like oden

Role on ship/identity is important for us to know her next dream. Because all SHs has the identity that make them have their dream

Identity/crew position - dream
Luffy - captain of pirate group - pirate king

Zoro - swordman - WSS

Nami - navigator - draw world map

Usopp - someone who always lies about how great he is + coward - brave warrior of the sea

Sanji - cook - find all blue so he can cook 4 seas fish in the same place

Chopper - doctor - find the cure that cure any disease (cmiiw a bit forget about it)

Robin - archeologist/historian - find the history of void century

Franky - shipwright - make sure his dream ship arrive at the last island

Brook - musician who has promise to his old friend - meet laboon to deliver their former crew last sing

Jinbe - fishmen - by joining future PK will rise the dignity of fishmen race/to show that fishmen can be a friend with human?

Yamato - ? - ?
Possibility :
Daughter of WSC - new WSC (nope)
Dragon? - reveal sonething about dragon (unlikely but there's possibility if the unread poneglyph give hint)
Apprentice? - ?
Log keeper? - ?
Kozuki retainer? - find the truth about kozuki connection with the world (seems likely but personally i'd like the real kozuki is the one who will find truth about it)

Any other suggestion about yamato identity and dream?

But of course the first obstacle for yamato to join is her current dream. Will wano be open by the end of arc/by the time SHs leaving wano?

Will she leave momo who is the one that may guide the world to the dawn?

Will she discover something that make her think about a new dream/goal?

Then will luffy ask/accept her on his ship?

Like what we know yamato current dream is to open wano kuni just like oden

Role on ship/identity is important for us to know her next dream. Because all SHs has the identity that make them have their dream

Identity/crew position - dream
Luffy - captain of pirate group - pirate king

Zoro - swordman - WSS

Nami - navigator - draw world map

Usopp - someone who always lies about how great he is + coward - brave warrior of the sea

Sanji - cook - find all blue so he can cook 4 seas fish in the same place

Chopper - doctor - find the cure that cure any disease (cmiiw a bit forget about it)

Robin - archeologist/historian - find the history of void century

Franky - shipwright - make sure his dream ship arrive at the last island

Brook - musician who has promise to his old friend - meet laboon to deliver their former crew last sing

Jinbe - fishmen - by joining future PK will rise the dignity of fishmen race/to show that fishmen can be a friend with human?

Yamato - ? - ?
Possibility :
Daughter of WSC - new WSC (nope)
Dragon? - reveal sonething about dragon (unlikely but there's possibility if the unread poneglyph give hint)
Apprentice? - ?
Log keeper? - ?
Kozuki retainer? - find the truth about kozuki connection with the world (seems likely but personally i'd like the real kozuki is the one who will find truth about it)

Any other suggestion about yamato identity and dream?

But of course the first obstacle for yamato to join is her current dream. Will wano be open by the end of arc/by the time SHs leaving wano?

Will she leave momo who is the one that may guide the world to the dawn?

Will she discover something that make her think about a new dream/goal?

Then will luffy ask/accept her on his ship?
Jinbei is helsman of the crew according chapter 976

I know. I said role on ship OR IDENTITY

I just wanna try to predict yamato dream based on her possible role on ship OR HER IDENTITY/ WHO SHE IS
I understand that you know but at least edit the text you know. You said for the other characters in terms of the roles they have but there are two roles that you were missing for certain characters in the series. I keep refreshing you haven’t change yet that’s all.

I understand that you know but at least edit the text you know. You said for the other characters in terms of the roles they have but there are two roles that you were missing for certain characters in the series. I keep refreshing you haven’t change yet that’s all.
I'm not changing it because usopp and jinbe dreams/ goals are not related with their role on ship but related to their identity

Even historian/archaeologist is not a role on ship. It's who robin is, one of her identity

I'm not changing it because usopp and jinbe dreams/ goals are not related with their role on ship but related to their identity

Even historian/archaeologist is not a role on ship. It's who robin is, one of her identity
Ussop has 3 goals link role on crew. Braave warrior sea like his father. Second go to Elbaf the village of warrior. Be the true king of snippier according separation
Jinbei his identity/role is more base on pun. He steering his crew and as well his people to the right direction. Jinbei also showcase to be advisor or voice reason that earns luffy respect as person to focus on there main objective. In one of Madam shyarly prediction luffy is going be the one who who responsible for destruction of fishman island in the future. The only way fishman people could live surface possible use noah to get the surface. Right now sea king apparently are trying repair it somehow. Weather Jinbei is alive or dead he is able steering his people to the promised land that they wanted several years both for Fisher tiger and queen otohime goal. In order help them be treated like equals.

Jinbei his identity/role is more base on pun. He steering his crew and as well his people to the right direction. Jinbei also showcase to be advisor or voice reason that earns luffy respect as person to focus on there main objective. In one of Madam shyarly prediction luffy is going be the one who who responsible for destruction of fishman island in the future. The only way fishman people could live surface possible use noah to get the surface. Right now sea king apparently are trying repair it somehow. Weather Jinbei is alive or dead he is able steering his people to the promised land that they wanted several years both for Fisher tiger and queen otohime goal. In order help them be treated like equals.
Aight, aight...

I dont wanna overintepret on things moreover on the someone who already officially nakama

The point of my post is to extrapolate the SHs pattern about identities and goals to predicts yamato goals so we know if she will join or not

Any suggestion about her?

Law is obviously going to join the crew. His goals depend on the SHs, he's being written away from his crew and he's already familiar with the Straw Hats and fits with them

I know you guys want another female crew member (we'll probably get another crew member with Law), but that shouldn't be a reason to ignore the most obvious answer

Law is obviously going to join the crew. His goals depend on the SHs, he's being written away from his crew and he's already familiar with the Straw Hats and fits with them

I know you guys want another female crew member (we'll probably get another crew member with Law), but that shouldn't be a reason to ignore the most obvious answer
I don't know what to tell you besdies the fact that that is objectively kind of stupid. Law is a close ally, he has his own crew, if anything someone like CC is going to become his first mate. Law isn't joining the crew.

Not only is it not obvious, to think Law is joining, is just low-key ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.