Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"But there aren't any important roles left", meaning Brook is literally a musician.

Jinbei got his helmsman role kind of out of nowhere, and that was way after he was introduced in impel down. Carrot seems to lean towards a lookout role. Caribou would probably (due to the nature of his devil fruit) be something akin to a quartermaster, keeping track of resources and so forth. Just cuz another crew member does something, doesn't mean anything. Luffy, Zoro, and Nami ate food before Sanji joined. Usopp fixed the boat until Franky showed up. Nami keeping track of treasure , and tons of other things, doesn't mean those positions can't be filled by others. Caribou would take over the half assed role of nami keeping track of the treasure (and taking too much for herself)

Oda could literally do anything, for example:

Yamato Takeru, the inspiration for the character of Oden, was a great mythological hero. Early in his career, he dressed like a girl to act like a maid to infiltrate a drinking party. (as listed by wikipedia cuz I don't remember him by heart like a lot of mythology I do know)

Just off that he can have two roles:

1) Maid (Oda would list it off as a joke role, but it'd also be kind of important on the ship to keep things clean, orderly, etc, and Yamato seems resolved enough to do it, plus we can see Yamato in a skirt and stocking ;) )

2) Bartender (get in the kitchen with Sanji, and serve alchohol and beverages to others)

He later wrote what was said to be the first Sedoka, which is a form of poetry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waka_(poetry)#Minor_forms_of_waka

Which leaves us with another possible role

3) Writer/Record-Keeper/Poet/Etc, essentially she would record the events that happened so future generations could know about them and what happened, and oda can do it to draw dramatic short poems for comedy, and even have some of hte other straw hats complain about how showboaty or stupid it sounds.

and just to match their wano theme and the structure of the wano arc:

4) Dancer/Performer - Essentially Yamato would dance to the songs that Brook plays, both in a general sense and also put on Kabuki plays to entertain the strawhats and stuff.
Post automatically merged:

Jinbei had a crew, Jinbei was a close ally. Oda didn't care.

You guys overthink stuff. The hints are there, I'd say is more ignorant to act like it isn't a possibility at this point in the story
Okay, and? Jinbei was also symbolic of Poseidon while Luffy was Zeus, so him joining the crew like Poseidon being part of the pantheon of greek mythology was kind of obvious.

Also "the hint sare there", what, them getting along and law having a plot? That's not hints or evidence, that's just your wishful thinking because law is an important character to the plot. Law is an ally, sorry not sorry, and that's where he's staying, a rival/ally.

I disagree. There is no reason to have a log keeper this late into the game when 80% of the journey is already over. Plus it’s been implied that Nami has been keeping a Log since she joined the SHs.

And having her as a pure combatent just feels like a cop out from giving her an actual position. Everybody on the SHs is already a combatant but they also have primary role in the crew.

The apprentice position is the most notable role the the SHs have yet to fill on their ship. Add the fact that Yamato’s own father Kaido was an apprentice himself under Rocks and she’s been trapped on Onigashima for the last 20 years without much outside world experience, makes it more likely to me that Yamato is likely to hold this position.

And having a grown adult as an apprentice I feel would be consistent with Oda’s sense of humor.
correct me if I’m wrong but oden kept a log of the roger pirates and he joined late. so Yamato potentially being a log keeper still makes sense.
people made the same arguments that there would be no need for a helmsman because the crew already did that Without Jinbe But it was wrong.

Okay, and? Jinbei was also symbolic of Poseidon while Luffy was Zeus, so him joining the crew like Poseidon being part of the pantheon of greek mythology was kind of obvious.
Oh look, more overthinking of things.

That's not hints or evidence,
You don't get to decide that. There's artwork depicting Law and Luffy together vs Kid. There's the recent developments pointing to Law finding out the truth of his name WITH the straw hats. Law finding out about the red poneglyph with the Straw Hats and being drawn as part of their group back in Zou. Luffy calling Law his nakama back in Dressrosa.

Also the fact that Oda has been purposefully distancing Law from his crew the latest chapter while developing his character. But whatever, Ima make sure to bump your pretentious comment after he joins

correct me if I’m wrong but oden kept a log of the roger pirates and he joined late. so Yamato potentially being a log keeper still makes sense.
people made the same arguments that there would be no need for a helmsman because the crew already did that Without Jinbe But it was wrong.
The argument is kind fo stupid in the first place, usopp literally took care of the ships before franky, didn't mean franky wasn't needed. (regarding helmsman), clearly jinbei is particularly good at it, like franky is with his role, jinbei's helmsman was superhuman helmsmanship, while they kind of just drove the ship normally before and relied on the superior capabilities of the ship before.

ANyway as I said in the other post, yamato is named after yamato takeru, which oden is based on, and they were famous for creating a new form of poetry (it's a supernatural character who did amazing things, but one of the things they did is created a new structured form of poetry), so writing/log keeper or whatever, would work fine, among the other roles i listed.

Oden wrote the log for himself not the ships he was on.
And? The logs wouldn't necessarily be for the crew, albeit it could, they'd be to chronicle the journey of the future pirate king.

I mean so what? So did Roger and Oden? So did probably Ace, I imagine dragon and garp have it too. The voice of all is used by the kozuki family, the monkey family, and roger's family. Momo would be luffy's apprentice, and won't be setting off on his own till he's a bit older.
Yea there’s a difference tho...oden was the only one who could read the poneglyphs on Rogers crew. Luffy already has robin. You were making the argument that hearing the voice of all things helps his chances when it doesn’t

Oden wrote the log for himself not the ships he was on.
That is true. He did write most experience and Journey he went on

I can tell that you've lost the argument. Read chapter 966 again.
Your absolutely correct that’s why Roger wanted Oden first place. He couldn’t read language himself.

Last edited:
that guy is more stuck on his mythical references than reading the manga
Couldn't talk to my face? Fitting for a background fodder like you.

But hey, you try to nitpick someone behind my back like a coward about me missing small details that aren't too relevant and easily overlooked/forgotten, while people don't even know who you are.

I can tell that you've lost the argument. Read chapter 966 again.
You're right, i stand corrected, I'm wrong.

Either way, there are plenty of positions Yamato can fill, both joke ones and not, even just from looking at the origin of her character's name (the mythological hero who was the literal inspiration for oden: Yamato Takeru), but I listed that above. Or Oda can just make one of millions of things it could be and just give her a talent. She's not had time to go "this is my passion", there is a war going on and she was just introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.